midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Hey Columbus Ben
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miracle express

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:32 am    Post subject: Hey Columbus Ben Reply with quote

Ben, one more time. What time did you say the races were going to start at Columbus last Friday night? Did you say six? You musta been joking. Even the drivers meeting started well after six. Due them never starting as advertised, me and my bunch did not go back Saturday night. Do not guess they need the business since it is always like that. By the way, this was not a exception but standard. Guess the nice beautiful weather delayed them this time. Always a excuse. But, they do not care or they would start on time as advertised. Sells a lot of hotdogs. I know if it were me (which it is not), I would not advertise the starting time for them since it is NEVER as you advertise. Does not look good.
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was the World of Outlaws time schedule that they put out in advance. They leased the track. Johnny did what he was told by them. Stokes got a rental fee and concessions out of the deal. Even at that complete program was over before 11pm on Friday night, which was still much earlier that most Friday night tracks.

Sorry you missed the race of the year so far, which was over by 10:30 on Saturday night.

Best wishes,
Ben
crashtestdummy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is "always like that", and is "standard" then why are you crying about it? You should have expected it.
miracle express

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not crying ahole. I did expect it and that is the main reason I hardly go anymore. It being the world of outlaws had nothing to do with it because the last few years at every big race I have attended, it is like that. And, I agree with Ben, the races were over by 11 Friday but they only ran four super late model heats, crates, plus the street class. If my memory serves me correct, there were only 14 crate cars there and all did not run. But, regardless of whether I expected it or not, I do not like to go anywhere, whether it be church or some other event and it not start at the time advertised. Even if your word means nothing to you, when someone tells me something, I expect it to be as advertised. I know better than to believe anything you say so I would not expect any different. It is not Ben's fault. Just a ongoing thing with Columbus. Should it come a shower or something of that nature, I think everyone understands but when it is always that way, then no, I do not like it.
supertrooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously, I cannot believe somebody would get on here and whine ( and yes you are being a whiney bit*h) about this. Races over by 11 on Fri. and 10:30 on Sat.- I don't give a crap where you go even if it starts at 5pm it will not be over that quick. Come on dude surely there is something better you can complain about. Cool
racefan57

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't understand people sometimes. On top of complaining about the start time, Why rip Ben apart for relaying the times from the WoO folks to the public. I have decided that everything in the racing world that happens especially the bad stuff is Ben Shelton and Stokes' fault. Those 2 control the entire racing industry.

On a side note, it isn't in the best interest of the racers to have them on the track at 6 p.m. The sun setting makes it real tough to see coming off of 2 down the back stretch going in to 3. That could cause some serious problems.
bloomerstewart

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG. I was on highway 82 at 10:30 and home at 12:30. Sometimes I don't even leave my local track at 12:30. U missed a hll of a show. Quit crying. . Glad the WoO finally returned to the bullring. See ya at the Lucas show in July.

One more thing, if u are crying about a 6 o'clock start time, you probably shouldn't be up past your 9 o'clock bedtime. JMO.

So hows that HOPE and CHANGE been working out for ya!

Last edited by bloomerstewart on Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This particular author of this post is so far the the largest belly-ache of the year so far. Classic. You missed as many have said, the race (and weekend) of the year so far. What a foolish move to not come back on Sat night because Friday night did not start at 6:00pm. Just a classic post. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Late Model Mark
Trak-Star #95

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey Columbus Ben Reply with quote

miracle express wrote:
Ben, one more time. What time did you say the races were going to start at Columbus last Friday night? Did you say six? You musta been joking. Even the drivers meeting started well after six. Due them never starting as advertised, me and my bunch did not go back Saturday night. Do not guess they need the business since it is always like that. By the way, this was not a exception but standard. Guess the nice beautiful weather delayed them this time. Always a excuse. But, they do not care or they would start on time as advertised. Sells a lot of hotdogs. I know if it were me (which it is not), I would not advertise the starting time for them since it is NEVER as you advertise. Does not look good.
I really hate to see all of the negative. There has been alot of tracks close period. Columbus "old" is probably one of the main ones that I would hate to c close. I would really advise ,stop all the negative or you will be able to be home at least by the time the late show is over!!!! I could not stand that personally!!! JMO!!! Wesley Greene #95
msudawg2004

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man I don't see how anyone can complain about a start time when they are over so early. I do have a question though and its not b*tching or whining but why did they advertise 35 for the pits then charge 40 when we got there sat night? I gladly paid it and it was worth it to see the WoO's. Just wondering if they came up short or something friday.
racefan57

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msudawg2004 wrote:
Man I don't see how anyone can complain about a start time when they are over so early. I do have a question though and its not b*tching or whining but why did they advertise 35 for the pits then charge 40 when we got there sat night? I gladly paid it and it was worth it to see the WoO's. Just wondering if they came up short or something friday.

I hadn't heard of that happening till now. I wasn't very happy about paying 20 bucks per night for my 6 year old to get in.......and heard they were charging 20 for kids younger than that. WoO set the prices, I don't know who or how to get you an answer on that one.
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as the prices....Kevin Kovac, who is the PR Director with WoO, called me early Saturday morning, and asked if I could get on the Columbus site and fix any press releases that had a pit price of $35 in them, that he had messed up and put that price in all but a few of them, but that it was supposed to be $40.

I got on there and changed them all immediately, but obviously by that point 99% of people had already seen them.

- Ben
racefan57

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Shelton wrote:
As far as the prices....Kevin Kovac, who is the PR Director with WoO, called me early Saturday morning, and asked if I could get on the Columbus site and fix any press releases that had a pit price of $35 in them, that he had messed up and put that price in all but a few of them, but that it was supposed to be $40.

I got on there and changed them all immediately, but obviously by that point 99% of people had already seen them.

- Ben

As usual.......It was all your fault....you lied about the price on the website....... Cool

Last edited by racefan57 on Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Renegade25

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racefan57 wrote:
Ben Shelton and Stokes' fault. Those 2 control the entire racing industry.

Can one of y'all get me Danica Patrick's autograph??? If you can't then expect me to get on here and talk dirty about you!!!
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Renegade, I have a restraining order against Danica...SHE keeps stalking ME Laughing

- Ben
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: