midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Corinth Speedway Rules??????????????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirtbanditgrandpa

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19racing wrote:
corinth dont run supers

Laughing Thats what I was thinking. lol Cool
#8 Pro Mod
sidebite1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: dumes Reply with quote

hummers!,say it aint so.
creighto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crashtestdummy wrote:
creighto wrote:
Pridmore Racing wrote:
What about the tire rule for the lms class? Is the 44 or crate 21 tires legal? Jw?
front is open and rear must punch 60

Hence the reason as a crate car, I had to run with the supers last year. It was either that, or buy less than new tires that would punch 60 from a young gentleman selling them for $120 a piece. My fault though, I should have read the rulebook before driving over.
may have been 3 years ago but for the last 2 years we only had to punch 50 on the rear and the only crate tire not legal on the rear was a 21. If it happens again get me a shout and I will let you borrow 2 to run on the rear. I don't believe it was me running the track when that happened because traveling that for I would have got you 2 tires somehow if I had known.
Will_ivy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

creighto wrote:
spanky24sracing wrote:
is corinth running ministocks this year?
not on schedule we are going to try hummers this year. mini's just never panned out.

so r u going to run them this year?

Make sure you visit our website.
http://www.freewebs.com/blackflagracing7/

http://ivymotorsportsonline.bravehost.com/index.html

Owner of
S&J LAWN CARE
REAGAN,TN
Since 1981
731 968 6098 office
creighto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will_ivy wrote:
creighto wrote:
spanky24sracing wrote:
is corinth running ministocks this year?
not on schedule we are going to try hummers this year. mini's just never panned out.

so r u going to run them this year?
not on schedule we are going to try hummers this year!
Fresh1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we have a date set for the first race yet?
creighto

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have always tired to start the 2nd week of april, but never have got to until may. We will have the track ready 1st of april hopefully for a couple practices. First race is scheduled for April 16th. But we have to see how the weather goes. It will not be earlier than that.
Fresh1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve
Sh!thook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the rule change on cams in late model STOCK, and it plainly states no aftermarket heads allowed but yalls lett em run the boeties vortecs and them aint stock it cost a man 1500 for a set of the I say truck heads only or makem run supers
wilk35

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:04 pm    Post subject: yeah Reply with quote

i dont like u hook,but i give you props for this...late model is suppose to be a cost class...JMO,Steve i wish you would outlaw these bowtie vortec heads from late model stock...that is an expense that is not necessary...regular vortec heads are cheaper and more plentiful,BUT they will not run with the bowtie vortec heads...i cant afford to go out and buy bowtie vortec heads and run for $500 a week...you cant get a set of bowtie vortec heads with any work done on them for less than $2000...thats a new set and you dont find these heads out there used...if you gonna let them run these heads,why dont u just let us run aluminum heads as there are plenty of these floating around or angle plug heads???just make us add weight like you done with the roller cam issue...please consider this

chuck wilkerson

if you wanna talk about this off here,call me 731-610-9640
19racing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuck your about an idiot if the truck heads will run with them why are you complaining and yes you can get a set for around 1400 with the work done i have both and to be honest we have done better with the truck heads go figure i agree it was a mistake to every let them in but what are you going to do with now that they bought throw them on a shelve hope you can run them later shithook i know who your are its better to have them than a 383 yall quit complaining i cant afford it either but ill still run as long as i can chuck yall coming after this block
wilk35

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

regular vortec heads are cheaper and more plentiful,BUT they will not run with the bowtie vortec heads

butch,i said regular vortec heads will NOT run with bowtie vortecs! Im proof of that,lol...i agree,late model stock is way outta hand...several that run up front have more in their motors than i do my whole car! i can guarantee i can sell my motor for $2000...how many you know that can do that? the roller cam issue is totally stupid having to add weight or getting a weight break if you run a flat tappet...thats gonna be alot of checking for nothing,which corinth is not known for...and just like the tire rule,i love the hard tire rule...but i have seen in several past post 3 different rules to this...ive seen punch 60,55,and 50...which are we gonna go by? i dont like punching the tires after the race as everyone knows heat will make the numbers go down...most other tracks punch them before you race...

there are a few cars,i wont say any names,that have ruined this class...id give anything to go back to what it was intended to be,a budget class...when baldwyn started this class,they had the buyout rule or swap rule,which i like...that way you dont tie up alot of money in these motors and you didnt have someone dominate it like now...i agree if they got the money to build high dollar motors,let them go run super late model,as ive seen a few that could go right now and make a show like they are...

all im saying is who let them vote in the bowtie vortecs as being there not a stock production head???i say if they gonna let us run them,let us run angle plug dart heads or aluminum heads as they are cheaper and more plentiful...JMO
19racing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well heres the deal i got 1300.00 in a set of truck heads and 1400.00 in a set of bowties which one do you think im going to run also when i bought them i planned on running them more than one race so the 500.00 pay doesnt count anymore i do agree that its out of hand but you can also blame pineridge for that because they are the ones that changed it but it was like that when we started running lms so its our fault if we dont like the rules because they were there when we started thats also why we have kept our truck heads the weight break aint going to do anything to even it up heavy cars usally handle better i dont like running against 12000.00 dollar engines either but they are there if i dont like it ill run street against 10000.00 engines instead or pure street against 5000.00 dollar engines the point is run what you can afford its always been this way it always will now tires is another deal the ones in the front runs new tire about every night i bought 2 last for the rear they will have to do me this year also i complained for years about outlaw didnt do any good they out priced the class thanks to pineridge racing = money spent just to run on the same lap all the motor in the world wont help if your car aint right or like us cant drive it
Sh!thook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wilk35 your right if I had a motor full of borrowed stuff I would sell it for 2000 also!!
creighto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a car out there that has beat all of yall with a hydraulic cam and regular vortec heads. It also has factory ignition out of the junk yard. Everyone that says the heads are beating you are just to worried about what other people have and not working on your own setup. I have every late model stock feature on film and every time the car handling the best has finished up front. The car with the most money in the engine out there has never won a feature.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: