midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME.........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Blast From The Past
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalmtnman

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: COOL PHOTOS, WHERE IT ALL STARTED FOR ME......... Reply with quote

Way before the Bull Riding Career, playing Mtn. Man, being a Radio show co-host, and eventually becoming an Announcer, etc., I was interested in Stock Car Racing as a small child, my older brother took me to this Speedway, i love looking at these old programs.
This speedway is the first place i ever saw Larry Phillips (in early 70's), you will find racing photos of Don Schoenfeld of Shchoenfeld Headers fame in these programs and also cars with steering wheels in the middle of the car. Hope You enjoy Very Happy
Click on the following link, then click on the individual front pages to open the programs:
http://www.fortsmithhistory.org/razorback_speedway_1968.htm

Last edited by metalmtnman on Fri May 21, 2010 11:21 am; edited 3 times in total
Barker Engines

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: racin' Reply with quote

In an interview on TV, Rusty Wallace was asked one time who was the toughest competitor he raced against. He didn't hesitate, he said Larry Phillips.
Cool post.TB Very Happy
metalmtnman

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: racin' Reply with quote

Barker Engines wrote:
In an interview on TV, Rusty Wallace was asked one time who was the toughest competitor he raced against. He didn't hesitate, he said Larry Phillips.
Cool post.TB Very Happy

Yeah the Fort Smith racing scene was cool. before anyone knew them - Wallace, Mark Martin, Bill Frye all raced at Tri State 5 miles from where Razorback was, Tri State was paved then and Larry Phillips was schooling them all.
greyghost68

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was a great time for sure.i have video here from the asphalt days.as a kid i lived in the trailer house in front of the bleachers.my father was the caretaker of the track back then.used to play with hot wheels on the track in front of the flag stand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Blast From The Past All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: