midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

woo question!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Oldfart

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: woo question! Reply with quote

drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
heavy chevy wrote:
just wanna know if im the only one that's noticed, theres no hype about woo being at ris. does anyone know if this race is still on.do not want to drive 200 miles for nothing

You mean like I did??!! What a joke. My shirt never got wet and any pavement nearby was bone dry. That race was canceled days ago without us knowing, despite pimping it today twice on Facebook to pretend to get it in. Thank God most other series donít operate this way. From the time I arrived there was never any indication that this race would be run despite the recent false posts.

You mean all the work that was put into the track was done for nothing. You mean the rain that came thru last night would have dried the track. Maybe you need to find another hobby that isn't controlled by the weather because racing is weather dependent.

I mean exactly what I said, we were all disgusted with the backwards way it was handled, not the fact that it rained. Monday AM quarterbacking last nights weather after the fact had nothing to do with most people's gripe. To take a page out of your book, you wouldn't be of that opinion if you were actually there, it was a very weird feel. You must have been on Midge's couch.

I was on my way there when I got the call to turn around. Why worry about why it was called? The rain last night would have most likely cancelled the event. I would rather call it before it starts than during the event.
drmike

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: woo question! Reply with quote

Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
heavy chevy wrote:
just wanna know if im the only one that's noticed, theres no hype about woo being at ris. does anyone know if this race is still on.do not want to drive 200 miles for nothing

You mean like I did??!! What a joke. My shirt never got wet and any pavement nearby was bone dry. That race was canceled days ago without us knowing, despite pimping it today twice on Facebook to pretend to get it in. Thank God most other series donít operate this way. From the time I arrived there was never any indication that this race would be run despite the recent false posts.

You mean all the work that was put into the track was done for nothing. You mean the rain that came thru last night would have dried the track. Maybe you need to find another hobby that isn't controlled by the weather because racing is weather dependent.

I mean exactly what I said, we were all disgusted with the backwards way it was handled, not the fact that it rained. Monday AM quarterbacking last nights weather after the fact had nothing to do with most people's gripe. To take a page out of your book, you wouldn't be of that opinion if you were actually there, it was a very weird feel. You must have been on Midge's couch.

I was on my way there when I got the call to turn around. Why worry about why it was called? The rain last night would have most likely cancelled the event. I would rather call it before it starts than during the event.

Your last sentence just made my point. It's obvious that the timing of the call for a race that never had a chance cost fans and teams travel time, $$$, hotels, etc. You have never heard me get on here and whine about rain. This race was never going to run. They knew they couldn't, yet they continued to promote it all day and that's BS, period. I could care less whether you believe it or not, good day.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: woo question! Reply with quote

drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
heavy chevy wrote:

Your last sentence just made my point. It's obvious that the timing of the call for a race that never had a chance cost fans and teams travel time, $$$, hotels, etc. You have never heard me get on here and whine about rain. This race was never going to run. They knew they couldn't, yet they continued to promote it all day and that's BS, period. I could care less whether you believe it or not, good day.

Maybe you should take up bowling. It isn't affected by weather. You don't seem to have the temperament or the nads to be a race fan.
drmike

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject: Re: woo question! Reply with quote

Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
heavy chevy wrote:

Maybe you should take up bowling. It isn't affected by weather. You don't seem to have the temperament or the nads to be a race fan.

This grouchy old fart on here used to say you can't have an opinion if you weren't there. Then she was too excited to argue and accidentally agreed with me. Sounds like she is still butt hurt from the past.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^ And the whole time we thought OldFart just existed only to give Midget grief!
Oldfart

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: woo question! Reply with quote

drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
drmike wrote:
heavy chevy wrote:

This grouchy old fart on here used to say you can't have an opinion if you weren't there. Then she was too excited to argue and accidentally agreed with me. Sounds like she is still butt hurt from the past.

My butt does hurt. From sitting in the stands at Dover and watching some good racing today. The rain did me a favor and allowed me to go to a Monday race while you were crying and cussing about what happened Friday. I hate we got rained out Friday but I will be catching the Outlaws in Charlotte in 2 weeks and Nashville the week after that. You better stick to bowling or paper dolls. That is more your speed.
racingnut35

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter and I drove over three hours to see the race and got there at 3:15 only to find out about 15 minutes later that they called it. I messaged RIS on fb thursday afternoon to see if they had any additional rain but no one messaged me back. The parking lot friday afternoon was not bad and it was barely sprinkling but I walked in and looked at the track and it was bad wet. Gumbo takes a lot to roll in and I agree with everyone else that somebody there had to know that they could not run even early friday morning but yet RIS posted that they are still on. I heard that WOo was not happy with the track conditions when they got there. Sucks all around at the crappy decision making on somebody's part.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racingnut35 wrote:
Daughter and I drove over three hours to see the race and got there at 3:15 only to find out about 15 minutes later that they called it. I messaged RIS on fb thursday afternoon to see if they had any additional rain but no one messaged me back. The parking lot friday afternoon was not bad and it was barely sprinkling but I walked in and looked at the track and it was bad wet. Gumbo takes a lot to roll in and I agree with everyone else that somebody there had to know that they could not run even early friday morning but yet RIS posted that they are still on. I heard that WOo was not happy with the track conditions when they got there. Sucks all around at the crappy decision making on somebody's part.

Sign up for their text service. They are fairly good at informing the fans as to if they will or will not be running.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unconfirmed reports are that the makeup date will be Wednesday, May 29th. CA was hoping for Thursday, May 30th.

RIS two seater will be pacing the field in Nashville that weekend.
CURTIS81

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there holding a practice thursday at nashville
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CURTIS81 wrote:

All i know is that it was on the WOO page yesterday and taken down this morning.
drmike

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

racingnut35 wrote:

Careful!! No legitimate criticisms allowed. Old Gassy Granny will smack you with her stick.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmike wrote:
racingnut35 wrote:

Careful!! No legitimate criticisms allowed. Old Gassy Granny will smack you with her stick.

LMAO! Laughing
mcj88

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drmike wrote:
racingnut35 wrote:

..Long time no hear from ole buddy....give em Hell Mike!
I been out of the racing world forever down in Central America but still read about it..lol.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
CURTIS81 wrote:

All i know is that it was on the WOO page yesterday and taken down this morning.

Saw Clayton at a wedding last night. The make up date is not set in stone. Get off the couch fidget and drive over to Nashville and watch them race the end of the month.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: