midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Tyler Erb Pockets Pair of LOLMDS Winternationals Victories

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:27 pm    Post subject: Tyler Erb Pockets Pair of LOLMDS Winternationals Victories Reply with quote

For Immediate Release
February 10, 2019

Tyler Erb Pockets Pair of LOLMDS Winternationals Victories
Sits Second in LOLMDS Standings Post Speedweeks

St. Marys, Ohio (02/10/19) – Tyler Erb continued his red-hot start to the 2019 season with a pair of Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) victories during the 43rd Annual Wrisco Winternationals at East Bay Raceway Park.

During the course of the weeklong affair, Erb not only won two races but also claimed six podium finishes along the way. He exits the LOLMDS portion of Speedweeks currently second in the series standings in his New Point Direction & Lighting #1 Best Performance Motorsports/ Roberts Bee Company/ Rocket XR1/ Durham Racing Engine Super Late Model.

"We had a great week at East Bay Raceway Park, and it felt like we were in contention every night," Erb commented. “It was awesome to get two wins, but honestly I’m a little bummed because we had a real good chance to win at least a few more. I want to thank my guys for busting their butts throughout Speedweeks. I can’t wait for the Lucas Oil season to get back rolling in March.”

Tyler Erb was back in action with on Monday night as the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) rolled into East Bay Raceway Park (Gibsonton, Florida) for the first of six races during the annual Winternationals. He enjoyed a great outing as he streaked to the $5,000 win.

"I am super-excited to get this opportunity to work with Randall Edwards, Eric, and Kelly," Erb said. "This is a dream come true for me. I have been dreaming of this chance for a long time and to finally get to this point is very satisfying, but you have to stay hungry. We still have a lot of racing left this year, but we couldn't ask for a better start to the season.

"It feels really great to win here at East Bay! This is such an historic track. I led two or three races here last year but let them slip away. I could feel Josh underneath me in three and four and I knew that if I lost the race, it wasn't going to be because of a lack of effort."

After winning his heat race, Tyler started on the pole for the 30-lap, $5,000-to-win feature. He wouldn't get the best of starts in the feature, and as a result he initially slipped back to the fifth position. Over the course of the ensuing laps he began clawing his way forward, and on lap 13 he took control of the lead from Brandon Sheppard. Once out front he never looked back on his way to his second LOLMDS win of the season. Josh Richards, Sheppard, Austin Hubbard and Don O'Neal rounded out the Top-5 finishers.

On Tuesday night Tyler Erb broke out the broom at East Bay Raceway Park. He started the night by blazing to the fastest time in Miller Welders Time Trials over a field of 56 entries and backed it up with a heat race win to earn the pole position for the 30-lap, $5,000-to-win feature.

The main event found Tyler leading every lap on his way to his second-straight victory and third of Speedweeks. He was followed across the finish line by Earl Pearson Jr., Dennis Erb Jr., Brandon Sheppard and Jimmy Owens.

On Wednesday evening Tyler streaked to a runner-up finish in the $7,000-to-win feature, while Thursday’s $7,000-to-win program found him leading several laps before slipping to a runner-up finish late in the event.

On Friday evening point’s racing resumed for the LOLMDS competitors, and Tyler charged from his third-starting spot to take the lead on lap 15 of the 50 lapper. He paced the field until lap 37, when Jonathan Davenport slipped past. Erb pressured Davenport to the line before settling for a second-place performance.

In Saturday night’s $12,000-to-win Winternationals finale Tyler raced to a runner-up finish.

Sunday night's LOLMDS Speedweeks finale at Bubba Raceway Park (Ocala, Florida) fell victim to Mother Nature.

Tyler is currently second in the latest LOLMDS standings. For full results as well as complete standings, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Any marketing partners, who are interested in becoming involved with Best Performance Motorsports are encouraged to please contact Sarah Adams at sarah@bestperformancemotorsports.com .

Best Performance Motorsports would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include New Point Lighting & Design, Inc., Roberts Bee Company, Bulk Material Lift, Franklin Enterprises, Boxo USA, Bazell Race Fuels, Sunoco, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks, Hoosier Tire, Valvoline, Corey Frazer State Farm, Industrial Hydro Excavating, Beyea Headers, Day Motorsports, Champion Brands, Doyle Edwards Trucking, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Wiles Drive Shafts, Simpson Race Products, Weld Racing, Performance Rod & Custom, Peterson Fluid Systems, Barnes Systems Inc., Powers Performance, Butlerbuilt, Impact Race Gear, Heath Lawson Photography, Landrum Performance Springs, Walker Performance Filtration, ASI Racewear, Fragola Performance Systems, Dirt Defender, Outerwears, Strange Engineering, Performance Race Engineering, Five Star Race Car Bodies Rocket Chassis, R&R Design and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Best Performance Motorsports please visit the team website at www.BestPerformanceMotorsports.com and www.TylerErb.com as well as their social media channels at www.facebook.com/bestperformancemotorsports/, www.twitter.com/BPMotorsports1 and www.instagram.com/bestperformancemotorsports .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: