midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

North Alabama Speedway Trying to Bring Back Weekly Supers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: North Alabama Speedway Trying to Bring Back Weekly Supers Reply with quote

North Alabama Speedway is working to put together an initiative that would allow Super Late Models to come back on a weekly/ biweekly basis. Check out the story at https://www.onedirt.com/news/north-alabama-speedway-looks-to-revive-the-super-late-model-division/

What do you think?

- Ben
JWHITE44

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support the idea 100% and glad someone is trying to help the lower budget racers to be able to compete on a more level playing field and bring back the fun in racing.
mcj88

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super latemodel take butts in the bleachers so are the fans gonna come out or continue to gripe why there are not any? Have seen some great SLM racing at that track a few years ago even the MSCCS.
Very Happy
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's pretty simple, hard rear tires, open on front. 12 inch spoilers for spec and all steel engines, 525s. when the spoilers went away so did the cars.
grt32

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant believe talladega dont go back to 12 inch spoilers, it cut there supers car count in half for the ice bowl.
Down-N-DirtyRacing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just a thought, but why does NAS contact the new owners of Thunderhill speedway and see if this could be and every week series between the two tracks? Thoughts?
3 wide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got a good idea on the rules but I can show you a lot better way to do the money that will make ever Saturday night interesting.
lmned10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a few questions as to why the 12 inch spoiler on a steel or spec is coming back is NOT real good IMO.

First the reason SAS dropped it was that the rules as they were intended to be were being treated different at all the tracks that ran the rules. The original concept for this motor such as the steel, or SAS/SUPR spec was to be around $8,500 when it was first introduced and I understand prices have changed since that time but say it should cost $15,000 to one of those motors only now there are builders who will do them in the 30-40 range and that is not what it was intended to be.
Next when you give that 12 inch blade in this world of aero we have now it will be the dominate car no matter what motor is has and will eventually run off the guys with 8 inch spoilers and then you will just have a spec show. If you want that then maybe it should be open to those cars only

The other things such as shocks and tires the number of cars will depend on good a deal the drivers has with his tire and shock people.

Getting rid of the spec motor or big blade did not kill super car counts crates did,you can still run the SAS/SUPR spec now you just don't get the blade or weight.

Last edited by lmned10 on Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
SMARTT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Super Reply with quote

Give me the 900 hp and you can keep your blade.
lmned10

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too any day but trust me it will cause some problems, been there done that. I know we plan on doing SAS in 2019 as from what I hear Thunderhill, Duck and North Alabama all have show and with Talladega three show show makes god since for us to start out anyways.
floater

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First I thought it was SUPER LATE MODELS , when there is a bunch different motors ,spoiler sizes, shocks , tires ,then you have gotten away from SUPER LATE MODELS .You wind up with a bunch of different classes ,limited late ,two barrel, steel head ,crates ? guess what has killed SUPER LATE MODELS
JUST MY OPINION
14car

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for putting out this information Ben, as NAS has done a great job of trying new things to keep folks in the stands and cars on the track.

I am SUPER happy they are open!
hotlaps6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: supers Reply with quote

your are absolutely correct floater we will watch them and see what that car count is hope its good but mixing them never works well
crazyhorse

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is that the Bullring in Columbus Miss a will be running supers in 2019..
grt32

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

car counts in supers were double when 12 inch spoilers were aloud, dont believe it, look back at car counts. never heard of a 40k spec or steel engine, bring on the spoilers and car counts will come back. 90 % of the spec or steel motors were and still are a 10 to 15k engine and when they took spoilers away they were not competitive and either quit racing or dropped down to a lower class because they couldn't afford a open engine, and now these guys are giving 50k for motors, that's what's killing the sport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: