midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Need to update/upgrade router

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tilley88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:50 pm    Post subject: Need to update/upgrade router Reply with quote

Maybe you guys can help me. Iíve been having to reset my router a lot lately because Iím dropping internet signal. Like most folks who have wireless, we have most everything in the house and garage hooked up to it, iPhones, iPads, TV, laptops, golf launch monitor in the garage, etc. Should I go dual band that offers 5g also? Should I get a modem/router combo? I have Charter cable high speed internet. Not much of a techie anymore, so any help is appreciated..........
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Need to update/upgrade router Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
Maybe you guys can help me. Iíve been having to reset my router a lot lately because Iím dropping internet signal. Like most folks who have wireless, we have most everything in the house and garage hooked up to it, iPhones, iPads, TV, laptops, golf launch monitor in the garage, etc. Should I go dual band that offers 5g also? Should I get a modem/router combo? I have Charter cable high speed internet. Not much of a techie anymore, so any help is appreciated..........

The 5G is probably not going to help with a dropped signal. It's great for if you are streaming television(which I recommend looking into) or gaming in that is gives a faster wifi with a decrease in range. Unfortunately, dropped signals are a common problem and there are a bunch of reasons why they could be happening.

https://lifehacker.com/5910788/why-do-i-have-to-keep-resetting-my-router-and-how-can-i-fix-it
tilley88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:11 am    Post subject: Re: Need to update/upgrade router Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:

The 5G is probably not going to help with a dropped signal. It's great for if you are streaming television(which I recommend looking into) or gaming in that is gives a faster wifi with a decrease in range. Unfortunately, dropped signals are a common problem and there are a bunch of reasons why they could be happening.

https://lifehacker.com/5910788/why-do-i-have-to-keep-resetting-my-router-and-how-can-i-fix-it

Hey PV, thanks for the link! That helps me a lot. Our router is several years old, and has been dropping the internet signal much more since we added the wireless TV. I had a hard time the other night going wireless with the launch monitor in the garage and figured my signal strength was weak. Have never had these issues til lately. Iíll probably go buy a new router today after reading your link. Thanks again!
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to update/upgrade router Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:

Hey PV, thanks for the link! That helps me a lot. Our router is several years old, and has been dropping the internet signal much more since we added the wireless TV. I had a hard time the other night going wireless with the launch monitor in the garage and figured my signal strength was weak. Have never had these issues til lately. Iíll probably go buy a new router today after reading your link. Thanks again!

If you are streaming tv, then you definitely need to get the 5G. I just moved and upgraded to Charter. I didn't know what the 5g was and originally just hooked it up to the 2g. Was having quite a few buffering issues till I figured out that I had a 5g option. World of difference once I connected to the 5G.
tilley88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Need to update/upgrade router Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:

If you are streaming tv, then you definitely need to get the 5G. I just moved and upgraded to Charter. I didn't know what the 5g was and originally just hooked it up to the 2g. Was having quite a few buffering issues till I figured out that I had a 5g option. World of difference once I connected to the 5G.

In the process of linking up my new dual band 5g router now. Hopefully soon Iíll be able to let you know how it turns out.
tilley88

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! New router works great. Iíve spent the last hour trying to figure out how to link this new golf simulation demo to my launch monitor without much luck, tho. Probably will have to call or email one or the other companies to see what the problem is. Wanna try it before I shell out money for something I donít like........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: