midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Logan Roberson is Crowned the Fastrak World Champion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Logan Roberson is Crowned the Fastrak World Champion Reply with quote

For Immediate Release
October 9, 2018

Logan Roberson is Crowned the Fastrak World Champion
$20,000 Payday Earned for Efforts at Virginia Motor Speedway

Waynesboro, Virginia (10/09/18 ) – Logan Roberson piloted his Wynbridge Inc. #17 BTS Towing Service/ XR1 Rocket Chassis Late Model to a career win on Saturday night at Virginia Motor Speedway.

The 21-year-old racer conquered the finale for the Fastrak World Championship and received a $20,000 payday for his efforts. The victory also marked his first-career Fastrak Touring Series triumph.

“I don’t know what to say. Me and my dad work our butts off in the shop at night to come here to do this,” said Roberson. “To get my first Fastrak win against all these good guys … man, I don’t know. I am crying like a baby. I am just so excited. We are just a small-funded team, but we got it done tonight.”

Friday night found Logan Roberson competing at Virginia Motor Speedway (Jamaica, Virginia) in the opening round of the two-day FASTRAK World Championship.

Drawing 40 FASTRAK Racing Series entries, Roberson locked his spot into the opening night feature with a heat race victory. With $5,000 on the line, Logan dropped one spot in the 40-lapper to finish fourth behind Benji Hicks, Tyler Bare, and Brett Hamm with Matt Long rounding out the Top 5.

On Saturday evening, Logan followed up the third-fastest time in his qualifying group with a heat race win. Earning the outside-front-row position for the main event, Roberson overtook Jensen Ford for the lead on the fourth circuit and held off challenges for the top spot over the next 40 laps.

After losing the lead to Michael Brown on lap-51, Logan quickly regained the top spot on the next lap and held off Brown for the remaining eight circuits to capture his 13th win of the season. Topping Brown, Tyler Bare, Ross Bailes, and Matt Long at the line, Logan Roberson pocketed a $20,000 payday.

“I had to get up on the wheel late in the race after (Michael) Brown got the lead,” Roberson commented. “It’s going to take a while for this win to sink in. We’ve finished second on eight occasions with the Fastrak Series, so again to get our first win in this fashion means a lot. I want to thank each and every person who supports our program.”

For full results from the weekend, please visit www.FASTRAKRacing.com .

Logan will not be in action this weekend as he crews on his dad’s Super Late Model at Hagerstown Speedway. He’s currently unsure of when his next event will be. For the latest schedule information for Logan Roberson, please point your browser to www.LoganRoberson.com .

Race fans also make sure to check out the “Apparel” page at www.LoganRoberson.com to order the brand-new team shirts. Get them before they are gone!

Logan Roberson would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Wynbridge Inc., Cecil B. Arthur Beef Farm & Bucking Stock, Pancho’s Racing Products, Wells Custom Jeep, BTS Towing Service, Blue Ridge Treescape Service, Dirt Defender, Walker Arthur Racing, Beyea Custom Headers, Boyd Bilt, QA1, Keyser Manufacturing, All About Wraps, Rocket Chassis, Race 1, Kaylor’s Dirt Track Cams, Russ King Racing, Hoosier Tire by Terry Wilcher, Smiley’s Racing Enterprises, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Logan Roberson, please visit www.LoganRoberson.com as well the team’s social media channels at www.facebook.com/Loganrobersonracing/ and www.twitter.com/ThuggNasty17 .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: