midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Backlash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:02 pm    Post subject: Backlash Reply with quote

Let's see you had a state district which had been controlled by the democrats for decades.

A well known democrat candidate who spent three times as much as his opponent.

Up against a GOP newcomer.

Yet the democrats LOST the state senate seat in Texas.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Backlash Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Yet the democrats LOST the state senate seat in Texas.

PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dems and repubs swap places in EVERY election cycle, midge. What are you trying to say? Texas looks very good this year for having a new Democratic Senator. Talk to me after November about all that.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
olsdriver

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
Dems and repubs swap places in EVERY election cycle, midge. What are you trying to say? Texas looks very good this year for having a new Democratic Senator. Talk to me after November about all that.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I can't for the life of me remember the last Republican mayor of Chicago, Detroit, et.al.

Hmph. Makes me wonder how much better some of these cities could be with a swap of parties running the show. Sure as hell can't be much worse than they are now.

Investigate that........
JamieHall

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Detroit is staging a very successful comeback and is experiencing a huge upswing in housing starts and downtown construction. As for Chicago, I know of people who live there and love the city. I've visited several times myself and always enjoy the city.

Now if we want to compare Democrat governance compared to Republican, or a "swap of the parties running the show," let's look at Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, and Louisiana, which are solid red states and consistently rank at the bottom of the list in a variety of categories, such as dropout rates, obesity, health issues and many more. All those issues create a burden that ultimately falls on taxpayers. And let's not forget that southern states generally receive more federal aid than they contribute.

We could also look at Kansas, a red state that mangled its economy so badly after a series of tax cuts that it had to close hospitals and schools because they ran out of money. The state is still trying to recover from that budget disaster under Sam Brownback. The story is similar in Louisiana, which is still recovering from Bobby Jindal.

We could also look at five southern cities that rank among the top 10 in the country in terms of murder rates. Those five are in the red states of Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi. What have those states done to curtail violence, because murder rates there are worse than Chicago, NYC and Los Angeles.

Maybe some of these failing red states could use, to borrow your phrase, a swap of parties running the show.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
Detroit is staging a very successful comeback and is experiencing a huge upswing in housing starts and downtown construction. As for Chicago, I know of people who live there and love the city. I've visited several times myself and always enjoy the city.

Now if we want to compare Democrat governance compared to Republican, or a "swap of the parties running the show," let's look at Mississippi, Alabama, Arkansas, and Louisiana, which are solid red states and consistently rank at the bottom of the list in a variety of categories, such as dropout rates, obesity, health issues and many more. All those issues create a burden that ultimately falls on taxpayers. And let's not forget that southern states generally receive more federal aid than they contribute.

We could also look at Kansas, a red state that mangled its economy so badly after a series of tax cuts that it had to close hospitals and schools because they ran out of money. The state is still trying to recover from that budget disaster under Sam Brownback. The story is similar in Louisiana, which is still recovering from Bobby Jindal.

We could also look at five southern cities that rank among the top 10 in the country in terms of murder rates. Those five are in the red states of Alabama, Louisiana and Mississippi. What have those states done to curtail violence, because murder rates there are worse than Chicago, NYC and Los Angeles.

Maybe some of these failing red states could use, to borrow your phrase, a swap of parties running the show.

Those are per capita rates and the high murder rate is due to DEMOCRAT controlled cities in these states.

5. Detroit, MI

Population: 672,795
Detroitís Violent Crime Rate: 20.43
No. of Violent Crimes: 13,742
Assault: 9,907 | Robbery: 2,945 | Rape: 586 | Murder: 304
Chance of being a victim: 1 in 49

Right about in a 3 or 4 spot of where they have been for the last decade.

42nd most dangerous city WORLD WIDE.

267 homicides last year alone.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The truth about whether Dems or repups being in powerful positions in urban districts reveal that neither can offer up any claims of one being superior to another in particular crime rates. Any argument otherwise is totally laughable at it's very best.

And the investigations continue. There are reasons for that and they don't include any "witch hunt".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: