midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 
 

Democrats and MS-13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3359

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Wow. Quite a bit of goalpost moving, sidestepping, and deflection going on there EX. I ask again, does your Christian values come first and foremost to you, or is it a secondary crutch for you to hide behind so long as it doesn't become an inconvenience? You want to play both sides, but it doesn't work that way. You're in a bit of pickle now, eh?


What does the Bible say about obeying governing authorities and their laws? Just asking for an agnostic friend........


https://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Quote:
The next question is “Is there a time when we should intentionally disobey the laws of the land?” The answer to that question may be found in Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“ From this, it is clear that as long as the law of the land does not contradict the law of God, we are bound to obey the law of the land. As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law. However, even in that instance, we are to accept the government’s authority over us. This is demonstrated by the fact that Peter and John did not protest being flogged, but instead rejoiced that they suffered for obeying God (Acts 5:40-42).


So which laws of the land contradict God’s law? Asking for an atheist, I mean agnostic friend......


What does the bible say about how the poor and impoverished should be handled? I can't wait to hear your response.
#Tilley'sPhuckedNow


Being poor doesn’t give a person the right to violate a sovereign nations laws because some view them as unjust.......Romans 13:1-7
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3359

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Wow. Quite a bit of goalpost moving, sidestepping, and deflection going on there EX. I ask again, does your Christian values come first and foremost to you, or is it a secondary crutch for you to hide behind so long as it doesn't become an inconvenience? You want to play both sides, but it doesn't work that way. You're in a bit of pickle now, eh?


What does the Bible say about obeying governing authorities and their laws? Just asking for an agnostic friend........


https://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Quote:
The next question is “Is there a time when we should intentionally disobey the laws of the land?” The answer to that question may be found in Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“ From this, it is clear that as long as the law of the land does not contradict the law of God, we are bound to obey the law of the land. As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law. However, even in that instance, we are to accept the government’s authority over us. This is demonstrated by the fact that Peter and John did not protest being flogged, but instead rejoiced that they suffered for obeying God (Acts 5:40-42).


So which laws of the land contradict God’s law? Asking for an atheist, I mean agnostic friend......


What does the bible say about how the poor and impoverished should be handled? I can't wait to hear your response.
#Tilley'sPhuckedNow


Being poor doesn’t give a person the right to violate a sovereign nations laws because some view them as unjust.......Romans 13:1-7
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3359

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
Excavator wrote:
Crossing the border is illegal


You might want to brush up on your law before you start trying to argue it, Matlock.

The US is obligated by international law to grant asylum to qualified people. Asylum can't be requested unless an immigrant is on US soil. If a migrant is here but applies for asylum, they are not breaking the law.

By the way, being in the US without authorization -- if convicted -- is a Class B misdemeanor. That's barely a slap on the wrist.

Also, as for you softies acting like the MS-13 is hiding in your closet, you need to take a breath and chill. MS-13 is a relatively small gang -- smaller than most organized gangs in this country -- and hardly active outside southern California.

If you folks had a lick of sense, you'd be a lot more worried about a gun nut walking into your local Wal Mart and shooting up the place rather than being attacked in your front yard by an MS-13 gang member.

By the way, are you folks still boycotting Wal Mart over them selling the "Impeach 45" shirts? I just can't remember which companies you delicate snowflakes are boycotting these days.


So, qualified immigrants have no need to sneak across the border, right?
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverTrustAMidget



Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 13392

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
Excavator wrote:
Crossing the border is illegal


You might want to brush up on your law before you start trying to argue it, Matlock.

The US is obligated by international law to grant asylum to qualified people. Asylum can't be requested unless an immigrant is on US soil. If a migrant is here but applies for asylum, they are not breaking the law.

By the way, being in the US without authorization -- if convicted -- is a Class B misdemeanor. That's barely a slap on the wrist.

Also, as for you softies acting like the MS-13 is hiding in your closet, you need to take a breath and chill. MS-13 is a relatively small gang -- smaller than most organized gangs in this country -- and hardly active outside southern California.

If you folks had a lick of sense, you'd be a lot more worried about a gun nut walking into your local Wal Mart and shooting up the place rather than being attacked in your front yard by an MS-13 gang member.

By the way, are you folks still boycotting Wal Mart over them selling the "Impeach 45" shirts? I just can't remember which companies you delicate snowflakes are boycotting these days.


US is NOT obligated to follow international law when it is in violation with US law.

Also something you left out of the immigration law. Yes you are correct about the first time immigration law violation. HOWEVER if you are caught and deported then reenter the US illegally it becomes a FELONY.

Under federal law (8 U.S.C. § 1325), anyone who enters the Unites States illegally is committing a misdemeanor and can be sentenced to a fine or to six months in prison. The law accompanying § 1325 is 8 U.S.C. § 1326, which makes the offense of reentering, or attempting to reenter the United States after being removed or deported, a felony offense.
_________________
,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Wow. Quite a bit of goalpost moving, sidestepping, and deflection going on there EX. I ask again, does your Christian values come first and foremost to you, or is it a secondary crutch for you to hide behind so long as it doesn't become an inconvenience? You want to play both sides, but it doesn't work that way. You're in a bit of pickle now, eh?


What does the Bible say about obeying governing authorities and their laws? Just asking for an agnostic friend........


https://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Quote:
The next question is “Is there a time when we should intentionally disobey the laws of the land?” The answer to that question may be found in Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“ From this, it is clear that as long as the law of the land does not contradict the law of God, we are bound to obey the law of the land. As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law. However, even in that instance, we are to accept the government’s authority over us. This is demonstrated by the fact that Peter and John did not protest being flogged, but instead rejoiced that they suffered for obeying God (Acts 5:40-42).


So which laws of the land contradict God’s law? Asking for an atheist, I mean agnostic friend......


What does the bible say about how the poor and impoverished should be handled? I can't wait to hear your response.
#Tilley'sPhuckedNow


Being poor doesn’t give a person the right to violate a sovereign nations laws because some view them as unjust.......Romans 13:1-7



Here is a sample. This isn't looking good for your argument Tilley. I don't see anywhere where the Bible says you should tell the poor and impoverished to go back where you came from. Please give chapter and verse to counter this, (if you can, lololol).

Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Deuteronomy 15:11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Isaiah 58:10 If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Luke 14:12-14 He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Deuteronomy 15:7-11 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Deuteronomy 15:7-8 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.

Matthew 6:1-4 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3359

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Wow. Quite a bit of goalpost moving, sidestepping, and deflection going on there EX. I ask again, does your Christian values come first and foremost to you, or is it a secondary crutch for you to hide behind so long as it doesn't become an inconvenience? You want to play both sides, but it doesn't work that way. You're in a bit of pickle now, eh?


What does the Bible say about obeying governing authorities and their laws? Just asking for an agnostic friend........


https://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Quote:
The next question is “Is there a time when we should intentionally disobey the laws of the land?” The answer to that question may be found in Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“ From this, it is clear that as long as the law of the land does not contradict the law of God, we are bound to obey the law of the land. As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law. However, even in that instance, we are to accept the government’s authority over us. This is demonstrated by the fact that Peter and John did not protest being flogged, but instead rejoiced that they suffered for obeying God (Acts 5:40-42).


So which laws of the land contradict God’s law? Asking for an atheist, I mean agnostic friend......


What does the bible say about how the poor and impoverished should be handled? I can't wait to hear your response.
#Tilley'sPhuckedNow


Being poor doesn’t give a person the right to violate a sovereign nations laws because some view them as unjust.......Romans 13:1-7



Here is a sample. This isn't looking good for your argument Tilley. I don't see anywhere where the Bible says you should tell the poor and impoverished to go back where you came from. Please give chapter and verse to counter this, (if you can, lololol).

Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Deuteronomy 15:11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Isaiah 58:10 If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Luke 14:12-14 He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Deuteronomy 15:7-11 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Deuteronomy 15:7-8 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.

Matthew 6:1-4 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,


Typical bs from you, trying to lead the argument where there is none. Where in the Bible does it say it’s ok for anyone, regardless of income level, to break the law? Christians give and go out of their way worldwide to help the poor and needy, yet you in your twisted way try to turn this immigration deal into a farce where Christians are the bad guys, lol. Nice try, but you failed......
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Wow. Quite a bit of goalpost moving, sidestepping, and deflection going on there EX. I ask again, does your Christian values come first and foremost to you, or is it a secondary crutch for you to hide behind so long as it doesn't become an inconvenience? You want to play both sides, but it doesn't work that way. You're in a bit of pickle now, eh?


What does the Bible say about obeying governing authorities and their laws? Just asking for an agnostic friend........


https://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Quote:
The next question is “Is there a time when we should intentionally disobey the laws of the land?” The answer to that question may be found in Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“ From this, it is clear that as long as the law of the land does not contradict the law of God, we are bound to obey the law of the land. As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law. However, even in that instance, we are to accept the government’s authority over us. This is demonstrated by the fact that Peter and John did not protest being flogged, but instead rejoiced that they suffered for obeying God (Acts 5:40-42).


So which laws of the land contradict God’s law? Asking for an atheist, I mean agnostic friend......


What does the bible say about how the poor and impoverished should be handled? I can't wait to hear your response.
#Tilley'sPhuckedNow


Being poor doesn’t give a person the right to violate a sovereign nations laws because some view them as unjust.......Romans 13:1-7



Here is a sample. This isn't looking good for your argument Tilley. I don't see anywhere where the Bible says you should tell the poor and impoverished to go back where you came from. Please give chapter and verse to counter this, (if you can, lololol).

Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Deuteronomy 15:11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Isaiah 58:10 If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Luke 14:12-14 He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Deuteronomy 15:7-11 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Deuteronomy 15:7-8 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.

Matthew 6:1-4 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,


Typical bs from you, trying to lead the argument where there is none. Where in the Bible does it say it’s ok for anyone, regardless of income level, to break the law? Christians give and go out of their way worldwide to help the poor and needy, yet you in your twisted way try to turn this immigration deal into a farce where Christians are the bad guys, lol. Nice try, but you failed......



I'm loving this. I'm whipping your @ss with scripture and you are failing miserably. I'm sorry that the bible says you should help the poor. Sorry bud, I didn't make those rules. God did. You should complain to him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3359

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Wow. Quite a bit of goalpost moving, sidestepping, and deflection going on there EX. I ask again, does your Christian values come first and foremost to you, or is it a secondary crutch for you to hide behind so long as it doesn't become an inconvenience? You want to play both sides, but it doesn't work that way. You're in a bit of pickle now, eh?


What does the Bible say about obeying governing authorities and their laws? Just asking for an agnostic friend........


https://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Quote:
The next question is “Is there a time when we should intentionally disobey the laws of the land?” The answer to that question may be found in Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“ From this, it is clear that as long as the law of the land does not contradict the law of God, we are bound to obey the law of the land. As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law. However, even in that instance, we are to accept the government’s authority over us. This is demonstrated by the fact that Peter and John did not protest being flogged, but instead rejoiced that they suffered for obeying God (Acts 5:40-42).


So which laws of the land contradict God’s law? Asking for an atheist, I mean agnostic friend......


What does the bible say about how the poor and impoverished should be handled? I can't wait to hear your response.
#Tilley'sPhuckedNow


Being poor doesn’t give a person the right to violate a sovereign nations laws because some view them as unjust.......Romans 13:1-7



Here is a sample. This isn't looking good for your argument Tilley. I don't see anywhere where the Bible says you should tell the poor and impoverished to go back where you came from. Please give chapter and verse to counter this, (if you can, lololol).

Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Deuteronomy 15:11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Isaiah 58:10 If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Luke 14:12-14 He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Deuteronomy 15:7-11 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Deuteronomy 15:7-8 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.

Matthew 6:1-4 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,


Typical bs from you, trying to lead the argument where there is none. Where in the Bible does it say it’s ok for anyone, regardless of income level, to break the law? Christians give and go out of their way worldwide to help the poor and needy, yet you in your twisted way try to turn this immigration deal into a farce where Christians are the bad guys, lol. Nice try, but you failed......



I'm loving this. I'm whipping your @ss with scripture and you are failing miserably. I'm sorry that the bible says you should help the poor. Sorry bud, I didn't make those rules. God did. You should complain to him.


You have a seriously fukked up and twisted sense of self worth. You’ve proven nothing more than your ability to twist scripture to meet your needs. The Bible does say to help the poor and the Bible does say not to break man’s law. If a poor man breaks into a grocery store to feed his family, then is he not guilty of stealing another’s bounty? If a poor man steals another’s property to sell to buy food for his family, will you still call him innocent? Do you tithe, or do you just bash Christians who do?
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Wow. Quite a bit of goalpost moving, sidestepping, and deflection going on there EX. I ask again, does your Christian values come first and foremost to you, or is it a secondary crutch for you to hide behind so long as it doesn't become an inconvenience? You want to play both sides, but it doesn't work that way. You're in a bit of pickle now, eh?


What does the Bible say about obeying governing authorities and their laws? Just asking for an agnostic friend........


https://www.gotquestions.org/laws-land.html

Quote:
The next question is “Is there a time when we should intentionally disobey the laws of the land?” The answer to that question may be found in Acts 5:27-29, “Having brought the apostles, they made them appear before the Sanhedrin to be questioned by the high priest. 'We gave you strict orders not to teach in this Name,' he said. 'Yet you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching and are determined to make us guilty of this man's blood.' Peter and the other apostles replied: ‘We must obey God rather than men!'“ From this, it is clear that as long as the law of the land does not contradict the law of God, we are bound to obey the law of the land. As soon as the law of the land contradicts God's command, we are to disobey the law of the land and obey God's law. However, even in that instance, we are to accept the government’s authority over us. This is demonstrated by the fact that Peter and John did not protest being flogged, but instead rejoiced that they suffered for obeying God (Acts 5:40-42).


So which laws of the land contradict God’s law? Asking for an atheist, I mean agnostic friend......


What does the bible say about how the poor and impoverished should be handled? I can't wait to hear your response.
#Tilley'sPhuckedNow


Being poor doesn’t give a person the right to violate a sovereign nations laws because some view them as unjust.......Romans 13:1-7



Here is a sample. This isn't looking good for your argument Tilley. I don't see anywhere where the Bible says you should tell the poor and impoverished to go back where you came from. Please give chapter and verse to counter this, (if you can, lololol).

Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.

Proverbs 14:31 Whoever oppresses a poor man insults his Maker, but he who is generous to the needy honors him.

Matthew 5:42 Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.

Deuteronomy 15:11 For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Isaiah 58:10 If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.

Luke 14:12-14 He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.”

Deuteronomy 15:7-11 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be. Take care lest there be an unworthy thought in your heart and you say, ‘The seventh year, the year of release is near,’ and your eye look grudgingly on your poor brother, and you give him nothing, and he cry to the Lord against you, and you be guilty of sin. You shall give to him freely, and your heart shall not be grudging when you give to him, because for this the Lord your God will bless you in all your work and in all that you undertake. For there will never cease to be poor in the land. Therefore I command you, ‘You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in your land.’

Deuteronomy 15:7-8 “If among you, one of your brothers should become poor, in any of your towns within your land that the Lord your God is giving you, you shall not harden your heart or shut your hand against your poor brother, but you shall open your hand to him and lend him sufficient for his need, whatever it may be.

Matthew 6:1-4 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.

Matthew 25:35 For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,


Typical bs from you, trying to lead the argument where there is none. Where in the Bible does it say it’s ok for anyone, regardless of income level, to break the law? Christians give and go out of their way worldwide to help the poor and needy, yet you in your twisted way try to turn this immigration deal into a farce where Christians are the bad guys, lol. Nice try, but you failed......



I'm loving this. I'm whipping your @ss with scripture and you are failing miserably. I'm sorry that the bible says you should help the poor. Sorry bud, I didn't make those rules. God did. You should complain to him.


You have a seriously fukked up and twisted sense of self worth. You’ve proven nothing more than your ability to twist scripture to meet your needs. The Bible does say to help the poor and the Bible does say not to break man’s law. If a poor man breaks into a grocery store to feed his family, then is he not guilty of stealing another’s bounty? If a poor man steals another’s property to sell to buy food for his family, will you still call him innocent? Do you tithe, or do you just bash Christians who do?


Still waiting on chapter and verse. Seems like you got nada.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3359

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which scripture contradicts a nation having immigration laws? I’ll wait.....
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
Which scripture contradicts a nation having immigration laws? I’ll wait.....


I've already provided scripture. You haven't provided crap. So let's see that scripture which supersedes what I have provided. I want to see your proof that God wants you to tell the poor and impoverished "Sorry. but GTFO and go back to where came from". I'll wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3359

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
Which scripture contradicts a nation having immigration laws? I’ll wait.....


I've already provided scripture. You haven't provided crap. So let's see that scripture which supersedes what I have provided. I want to see your proof that God wants you to tell the poor and impoverished "Sorry. but GTFO and go back to where came from". I'll wait.


Sorry, you haven’t provided scripture which contradicts a nation having immigration laws. There are many scriptures which say a country has a right to borders. There are many scriptures which say a country has to treat immigrants as it treats its own, but there are also many scriptures which says people must obey man’s laws unless man’s laws break God’s laws. So, if scripture says a country has a right to borders and someone crosses those borders illegally because they’re poor, who’s right? This would be a good question for you to ask God next time you pray........
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
Which scripture contradicts a nation having immigration laws? I’ll wait.....


I've already provided scripture. You haven't provided crap. So let's see that scripture which supersedes what I have provided. I want to see your proof that God wants you to tell the poor and impoverished "Sorry. but GTFO and go back to where came from". I'll wait.


Sorry, you haven’t provided scripture which contradicts a nation having immigration laws. There are many scriptures which say a country has a right to borders. There are many scriptures which say a country has to treat immigrants as it treats its own, but there are also many scriptures which says people must obey man’s laws unless man’s laws break God’s laws. So, if scripture says a country has a right to borders and someone crosses those borders illegally because they’re poor, who’s right? This would be a good question for you to ask God next time you pray........


So let me get this straight. Christian scripture dictates that we are to help the poor to the point that we are guaranteed to get paid back for this good deed, EXCEPT, when international borders are involved. Then it's "fuq'em" and get them the hell outta here. Is this the wishes of your God?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3359

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many immigrants have you invited into your home? Why do most countries have immigration laws? You can’t dance your way out of this one....
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3796

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
How many immigrants have you invited into your home? Why do most countries have immigration laws? You can’t dance your way out of this one....


Let's try this again since you deflected and sidestepped the question. So let me get this straight. Christian scripture dictates that we are to help the poor to the point that we are guaranteed to get paid back for this good deed, EXCEPT, when international borders are involved. Then it's "fuq'em" and get them the hell outta here. Is this the wishes of your God?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group