midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Another Obama failure
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:29 am    Post subject: Another Obama failure Reply with quote

Even his own party admitted that someone will test Obama and North Korea is proving them right. N Korea has fired numerous times on S Korean ships and territory and the Obama administration has done NOTHING. N Korea knows there is a fool in the White House and they will not be challenged. N Korea will continue to push further and further till there is a full-fledged war with S Korea or an invasion of S Korea by the North. Obama is being punked out by a 27 year old officer who is trying to prove he should take over as leader in N Korea after his father passes.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/north-korea-fires-on-south-korea-killing-two-south-korean-marines/
ONLYDIRTWILLDO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yawn... This is nothing new, been going on for over 50 years nows... My favorite part was "yalls sweetheart" saying we need to stick by our nortb korean allies, i wondered why nothing was ever brought up about that...
ONLYDIRTWILLDO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and probably best to leave things alone for the time being...

Leaks: China knows less about NKorea than thought
Published November 30, 2010
| Associated Press
Print Email Share Comments (127) Text Size
BEIJING China knows less about and has less influence over its close ally North Korea than is usually presumed and is likely to eventually accept a reunified peninsula under South Korean rule, according to U.S. diplomatic files leaked to the WikiLeaks website.
The memos called cables, though they were mostly encrypted e-mails paint a picture of three countries struggling to understand an isolated, hard-line regime in the face of a dearth of information and indicate American and South Korean diplomats' reliance on China's analysis and interpretation.
The release of the documents, which included discussions of contingency plans for the regime's collapse and speculation about when that might come, follows new tensions in the region. North Korea unleashed a fiery artillery barrage on a South Korean island that killed four people a week ago and has since warned that joint U.S.-South Korean naval drills this week are pushing the peninsula to the "brink of war."
The shelling comes on the heels of a slew of other provocative acts: An illegal nuclear test and several missile tests, the torpedoing of a South Korean warship and, most recently, an announcement that in addition to its plutonium program, it may also be pursuing the uranium path to a nuclear bomb.
The memos give a window into a period prior to the latest tensions, but they offer insight into how China, South Korea and the U.S. approach North Korea.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE
INTERESTED IN
Russia Positions Warheads Near NATO Allies, Fueling U.S. Concern
Baby's Rare Condition Makes Head Swell Twice the Normal Size
Good Fantasy, Bad Form?
Actor Will Ferrell Loses $18M Case to JPMorgan
5 Reasons People Don't Refinance
China sometimes seems unaware of or uncertain about issues ranging from who will succeed North Korean leader Kim Jong Il to the regime's uranium enrichment plans and its nuclear test, suggesting that the North plays its cards close to its chest even with its most important ally.
Questioned about the enriched uranium program in June last year, a Chinese official told the American Consul-General in Hong Kong that Beijing believed that was program was "only in an initial phase" a characterization that now appears to have been a gross underestimate.
China is Pyongyang's closest ally Beijing fought on the northern side of the Korean War and its aid props up the current regime and its actions have often served to insulate North Korea from foreign pressure. It has typically opposed harsh economic sanctions and responded to the latest crises by repeating calls for a return to long-stalled, six-nation denuclearization talks that the North has rejected.
But China would appear to have little ability to stop a collapse and less influence over the authorities in Pyongyang than is widely believed, South Korea's then-vice foreign minister, Chun Yung-woo, is quoted telling American Ambassador Kathleen Stephens in February.
China lacks the will to push Pyongyang to change its behavior, according to Chun, but Beijing will not necessarily oppose the U.S. and South Korea in the case of a North Korean collapse.
China "would be comfortable with a reunified Korea controlled by Seoul and anchored to the US in a 'benign alliance' as long as Korea was not hostile towards China," Chun said.
Economic opportunities in a reunified Korea could further induce Chinese acquiescence, he added.
The South Korean warns, however, that China would be unlikely to accept the presence of U.S. troops north of the demilitarized zone that currently forms the North-South border.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said China would not comment specifically on the cables.
"China consistently supports dialogue between the North and South sides of the Korean peninsula to improve their relations," Hong said at a regularly scheduled news conference.
In the leaked cable of his conversation with American officials, Chun predicts the government in Pyongyang would last no more than three years following the death of ailing leader Kim Jong Il, who is seeking to transfer power to his youngest son Kim Jong Un, a political ingenue in his 20s.
Chun also dismisses the possibility of Chinese military intervention if North Korea descended into chaos.
Despite that, China is preparing to handle any outbreaks of unrest along the border that could follow a collapse of the regime. Chinese officials say they could deal with up to 300,000 refugees, but might have to seal the border to maintain order, the memos say, citing an unidentified representative of an international aid group.
Chinese officials are also quoted using mocking language in reference to North Korea, pointing to tensions between the two neighbors in contrast to official statements underscoring strong historical ties.
In one memo, then-Deputy Foreign Minister He Yafei is quoted as telling a U.S. official in April 2009 that Pyongyang was acting like a "spoiled child" by staging a missile test in an attempt to achieve its demand of bilateral talks with Washington.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that WikiLeaks acted illegally in posting the leaked documents. Officials around the world have said the disclosure jeopardizes national security, diplomats, intelligence assets and relationships between foreign governments.
Five international media organizations, including The New York Times and Britain's Guardian newspaper, were among those to receive the documents in advance. WikiLeaks is also slowly posting all the material on its own site.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11/30/wikileaks-reveals-plans-north-korean-collapse/#ixzz16miJpSeP
ONLYDIRTWILLDO

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and probably best to leave things alone for the time being...

Leaks: China knows less about NKorea than thought
Published November 30, 2010
| Associated Press
Print Email Share Comments (127) Text Size
BEIJING China knows less about and has less influence over its close ally North Korea than is usually presumed and is likely to eventually accept a reunified peninsula under South Korean rule, according to U.S. diplomatic files leaked to the WikiLeaks website.
The memos called cables, though they were mostly encrypted e-mails paint a picture of three countries struggling to understand an isolated, hard-line regime in the face of a dearth of information and indicate American and South Korean diplomats' reliance on China's analysis and interpretation.
The release of the documents, which included discussions of contingency plans for the regime's collapse and speculation about when that might come, follows new tensions in the region. North Korea unleashed a fiery artillery barrage on a South Korean island that killed four people a week ago and has since warned that joint U.S.-South Korean naval drills this week are pushing the peninsula to the "brink of war."
The shelling comes on the heels of a slew of other provocative acts: An illegal nuclear test and several missile tests, the torpedoing of a South Korean warship and, most recently, an announcement that in addition to its plutonium program, it may also be pursuing the uranium path to a nuclear bomb.
The memos give a window into a period prior to the latest tensions, but they offer insight into how China, South Korea and the U.S. approach North Korea.

YOU MIGHT ALSO BE
INTERESTED IN
Russia Positions Warheads Near NATO Allies, Fueling U.S. Concern
Baby's Rare Condition Makes Head Swell Twice the Normal Size
Good Fantasy, Bad Form?
Actor Will Ferrell Loses $18M Case to JPMorgan
5 Reasons People Don't Refinance
China sometimes seems unaware of or uncertain about issues ranging from who will succeed North Korean leader Kim Jong Il to the regime's uranium enrichment plans and its nuclear test, suggesting that the North plays its cards close to its chest even with its most important ally.
Questioned about the enriched uranium program in June last year, a Chinese official told the American Consul-General in Hong Kong that Beijing believed that was program was "only in an initial phase" a characterization that now appears to have been a gross underestimate.
China is Pyongyang's closest ally Beijing fought on the northern side of the Korean War and its aid props up the current regime and its actions have often served to insulate North Korea from foreign pressure. It has typically opposed harsh economic sanctions and responded to the latest crises by repeating calls for a return to long-stalled, six-nation denuclearization talks that the North has rejected.
But China would appear to have little ability to stop a collapse and less influence over the authorities in Pyongyang than is widely believed, South Korea's then-vice foreign minister, Chun Yung-woo, is quoted telling American Ambassador Kathleen Stephens in February.
China lacks the will to push Pyongyang to change its behavior, according to Chun, but Beijing will not necessarily oppose the U.S. and South Korea in the case of a North Korean collapse.
China "would be comfortable with a reunified Korea controlled by Seoul and anchored to the US in a 'benign alliance' as long as Korea was not hostile towards China," Chun said.
Economic opportunities in a reunified Korea could further induce Chinese acquiescence, he added.
The South Korean warns, however, that China would be unlikely to accept the presence of U.S. troops north of the demilitarized zone that currently forms the North-South border.
Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Hong Lei said China would not comment specifically on the cables.
"China consistently supports dialogue between the North and South sides of the Korean peninsula to improve their relations," Hong said at a regularly scheduled news conference.
In the leaked cable of his conversation with American officials, Chun predicts the government in Pyongyang would last no more than three years following the death of ailing leader Kim Jong Il, who is seeking to transfer power to his youngest son Kim Jong Un, a political ingenue in his 20s.
Chun also dismisses the possibility of Chinese military intervention if North Korea descended into chaos.
Despite that, China is preparing to handle any outbreaks of unrest along the border that could follow a collapse of the regime. Chinese officials say they could deal with up to 300,000 refugees, but might have to seal the border to maintain order, the memos say, citing an unidentified representative of an international aid group.
Chinese officials are also quoted using mocking language in reference to North Korea, pointing to tensions between the two neighbors in contrast to official statements underscoring strong historical ties.
In one memo, then-Deputy Foreign Minister He Yafei is quoted as telling a U.S. official in April 2009 that Pyongyang was acting like a "spoiled child" by staging a missile test in an attempt to achieve its demand of bilateral talks with Washington.
U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton said Monday that WikiLeaks acted illegally in posting the leaked documents. Officials around the world have said the disclosure jeopardizes national security, diplomats, intelligence assets and relationships between foreign governments.
Five international media organizations, including The New York Times and Britain's Guardian newspaper, were among those to receive the documents in advance. WikiLeaks is also slowly posting all the material on its own site.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11/30/wikileaks-reveals-plans-north-korean-collapse/#ixzz16miJpSeP
JamieHall

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Korea is like Iran - they talk a big game, but they know they'd be wiped off the map with the press of a button. They know their limits.

And unless we have Russia and China completely in our corner, the best thing we can do is sit tight for now anyway. That's not a part of the world we need to rush into without some strategy.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ONLYDIRTWILLDO wrote:
Yawn... This is nothing new, been going on for over 50 years nows... My favorite part was "yalls sweetheart" saying we need to stick by our nortb korean allies, i wondered why nothing was ever brought up about that...

LOL , ya really aught to spell things right when your makin' fun of some one. Rolling Eyes

Duane

PS not much was made of it cause Obama does it constantly, I can point it out if you like.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
North Korea is like Iran - they talk a big game, but they know they'd be wiped off the map with the press of a button. They know their limits.

And unless we have Russia and China completely in our corner, the best thing we can do is sit tight for now anyway. That's not a part of the world we need to rush into without some strategy.

Your premise only works if the other party is operating with a rational mind. Neither N Korea nor Iran are led or will be led by those with rational minds.
RacerX10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's time for South Korea to put on their big-boy pants and take care of their own sh!@#$.

We ( literally ) can't afford to police the whole damn planet any longer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RacerX10 wrote:
I think it's time for South Korea to put on their big-boy pants and take care of their own sh!@#$.

I don't necessarily disagree, but if we don't who will. Then we have to worry about the ramifications on us then. Were better off in the drivers seat at this point.
hammerdown

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RacerX10 wrote:

Nope, we'd rather "redistribute" our wealth to the people here that need to put on their big-boy pants and take care of their own sh!@#$. Laughing
97-97jr

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:00 pm    Post subject: do ya think? Reply with quote

ok so we can put 40 thousand troops in s korea but we cant afford to secure the mexican border? i could care %$#^%$ *&^%# less who crosses the korean border but i would like to keep south texas to calf as an american territory.
SprHghOtpt1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: do ya think? Reply with quote

97-97jr wrote:
ok so we can put 40 thousand troops in s korea but we cant afford to secure the mexican border? i could care %$#^%$ *&^%# less who crosses the korean border but i would like to keep south texas to calf as an american territory.

I'M GOING TO TELL YOU MORE TIME, DON'T COME IN POSTING THINGS THAT MAKE SENSE!!! Laughing

Seriously though ... I agree, we need to first take care of our own backyard! But still keep an eye on those Aholes in Korea just in case.
97-97jr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: i got a secret Reply with quote

ifin they made me king fer a day, we would have a balanced bugget plus pay down on the defiect at least 10% per year. no more freeloaders. if after 99 mnts you cant find a job, oh well. if you are hungry i might feed you but you will work for it or you will go hungry, your choice. ifin you think the middle class or wealthy folks dont create jobs, go ask a welfare bum for a paycheck! if i sound like a harsh person, what do u think got us in this fkn mess. its going to take a few good men and women with the spirit to make america great again. i only hope we have the time. i think the left may have won. WHO IS JOHN GAULT
97-97jr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: i read your post again Reply with quote

if i was king for the second day, i would bust me some kim don ill, or however u spell it, ask. he wouldnt send no more bombs at no one. he wouldnt be ill no more he b dead!
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two distinct points that are hard to argue against.

Duane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: