midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Jake Knowles Wins Instant Classic at Greenville

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Jake Knowles Wins Instant Classic at Greenville Reply with quote

For Immediate Release
June 12, 2018

Jake Knowles Wins Instant Classic on Friday Night at Rumble on the Gumbo
Set to Invade Smoky Mountain Speedway this Saturday

Rome, Georgia (06/12/18 ) – Jake Knowles scored a thrilling win on Friday night at Greenville Speedway in his Knowles Race Parts & Bodies #66 Longhorn Chassis Late Model. Leading only the final few feet of the final lap, Knowles picked up his third win of the year in the Durrence Layne Late Model Series sanctioned event.

“I saw him (Ashton Winger) go low into turn three on the last lap, and the top was working so well for me, I just stayed there,” Knowles said. “Ashton and I are friends - we travel together and eat together while we’re on the road – and I hated to take that win away from him, but hey, I needed a win too! We had a really good shot to win again on Saturday night too, but I dug the nose into the cushion, and we were toast over that. We’ll head to Smoky Mountain Speedway this Saturday with some momentum in our corner.”

Friday night found Jake Knowles in action at Greenville Speedway (Greenville, Mississippi), where he was kicking off the two-day Durrence Layne Chevrolet Series sanctioned weekend.

With 30 Crate Late Models on hand for the opening round of the annual Rumble on the Gumbo, Knowles secured his spot into the opening night feature with the second-fastest time in his qualifying group behind Cory Hedgecock.

Rolling off fourth on the grid for the finale, Jake used the high line to charge past race-leader Ashton Winger exiting turn four on the final lap to pick up his third win of the season and a $2,000 payday. Winger, Cory Hedgecock, Ashley Newman, and Oakley Johns completed the Top-5 finishers in the 40-lap affair.

On Saturday night for the $2,500 top prize, Knowles locked his spot into the finale with the fastest time overall in qualifying. Jumping to an early lead, Jake held the top spot for the first five laps until contact with the cushion folded his nose under. He eventually retired early from the 40-lapper and was credited a 23rd-place finish.

Jake is currently third in the Durrence Layne point standings. For full results from these events, please visit www.DurrenceLayneRacing.com .

This Saturday Jake will thunder into Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tennessee) to compete with the Chevrolet Performance Super Late Model Series in a $3,000-to-win event.

Jake enters the event second in the latest series’ standings.

For more information on the event, please visit www.525SuperSeries.com .

Jake Knowles would like to thank his marketing partners, which include Knowles Race Parts & Bodies, Josh Roberts Trucking, Buster Goss Body Shop, Martins Wrecker Service, Curbow Logging, Coosa Heating & Cooling, JW Motorsports, Cruise with the Champions, Shorty’s Shock Service, Hoosier Racing Tire by Pup, Knowles Trucking, Keyser Manufacturing, Wiles Racing Driveshafts, Joe’s Transmission, Carolina Racing Supply, Big A’s Custom Graphics, AG Calf Ranch, Renegade Racing Fuels, Mitchell Jenkins Photography, Dynojet, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Jake Knowles please visit www.JakeKnowles66.net .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: