midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Economy....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
So Tilley, would you agree that Duane was lying his @as off when he made the 94 million claim?

Iíve said before that the LPR is comprised of folks out of work because they couldnít find a job, are in school, not looking for a job, and retired. The retired in my mind make up the lionís share not in the workforce, and that section of society will grow larger as the boomers retire. Look for the LPR to grow as that generation leaves the workforce. Duane lying? Are there 94 million on the LPR? Who knows. It seems itís purely guesswork or polling on the gubments end. You and Duane can argue this point til the cows come home, itís not my argument........

I think we settled on about 65 million but the chump keeps moving the goal posts...

I think the 94 million are folks out of work, 65 is the percentage in the workforce. This is all folks of working age.

Yes, this is known.
http://www.midsouthforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=133678&highlight=million+job
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is known is Odummer was a bad president.... apposed to the good one we have now... now go peddle your papers, your boring me....
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
What is known is Odummer was a bad president.... apposed to the good one we have now... now go peddle your papers, your boring me....

What's wrong? Do you lack the balls to stand behind what you have claimed? You were given numerous opportunities to back off and clarify your 90+ million claim. You instead chose to double down and fap to your ignorant and uneducated narrative. You lacked the cognitive skills to see that this would come back to bite you in the arse and now it has. Lol dumb@$$.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL your major boring... economy is great, more jobs then people to fill them, tells me your numbers are probably old and wrong... no problem... your the loser, not me.... market up pretty good today, wouldn't you say? I don't know about you, but I'm doing pretty ok with that....
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
LOL your major boring... economy is great, more jobs then people to fill them, tells me your numbers are probably old and wrong... no problem... your the loser, not me.... market up pretty good today, wouldn't you say? I don't know about you, but I'm doing pretty ok with that....

I was using YOUR numbers dumb@ss. I even linked the thread to where you were doubling down on your math. You got some splaining to do.
JamieHall

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
Yes, this is known.

I think my favorite part of that 2015 post is how NTAM, Mudslinger and Excavator ALL were crying about the US debt under Obama post-Great Recession -- but now that the debit is skyrocketing under Trump, they have no problem with it.

Oh the irony. I wish I could say I'm surprised. Laughing
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Yes, this is known.

I think my favorite part of that 2015 post is how NTAM, Mudslinger and Excavator ALL were crying about the US debt under Obama post-Great Recession -- but now that the debit is skyrocketing under Trump, they have no problem with it.

Oh the irony. I wish I could say I'm surprised. Laughing

And the tax money going into the coffers is huge, but you don't mention that cause it doesn't fit your narrative.... I believe its up by some 7 trillion.... not bad huh... now will that pay off the debt? No, but I bet it offsets it a bunch, but you won't hear that from your media, you'll have to research that yourself... now if this was odummer, it'd be over every news source on the planet....
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The national debt has grown every day since the inauguration of djt. There has been no improvement in this dilemma and absolutely no recovery from that level and no actions taken by the trumpski administration to even address it. If you believe that there has been any improvement then state it and link us to it. Any news that describes any improvement would be what lil' dondon might call "fake news."

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
JamieHall

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh-oh, not only have the Trump tariffs resulted in $20B in welfare and bailouts for farmers, but now it looks like his corporate tax cuts aren't working out so well, either. The deficit is soaring even faster than expected and will amount to $1 trillion in added debt over the next 10 years.

From today's NYT:

The amount of corporate taxes collected by the federal government has plunged to historically low levels in the first six months of the year, pushing up the federal budget deficit much faster than economists had predicted.

The reason is President Trumpís tax cuts. The law introduced a standard corporate rate of 21 percent, down from a high of 35 percent, and allowed companies to immediately deduct many new investments. As companies operate with lower taxes and a greater ability to reduce what they owe, the federal government is receiving far less than it would have before the overhaul.

The Trump administration had said that the tax cuts would pay for themselves by generating increased revenue from faster economic growth, but the White House has acknowledged in recent weeks that the deficit is growing faster than it had expected. The Office of Management and Budget said this month that it had revised its forecasts from earlier this year to account for nearly $1 trillion of additional debt over the next decade ó on average, almost $100 billion more a year in deficits.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember back when Ex used to be concerned about how his 3 grandkids were going to have the burden of the national debt. It was probably around 17 trillion at the time. It's now at 21 trillion and the yearly deficit is even larger, yet we don't seem to be concerned anymore.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never known a repub economic forecast to be anywhere close to the truth or accurate in any way. Listen to the words. Now watch the true results. No match. Sad, isn't it?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
JamieHall

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More government borrowing and debt just announced this week.

Where are the folks who always complain about fiscal responsibility and leaving a financial burden for the next generation?

https://www.bloombergquint.com/politics/2018/07/30/treasury-raises-borrowing-outlook-with-2h-hitting-769-billion#gs.YEyGdkA

From the story:

The Treasury Department predicted the U.S. governmentís borrowing needs in the second half of this year will jump to the most since the financial crisis a decade ago as the nationís fiscal health deteriorates despite a strong economy.

The department expects to issue $329 billion in net marketable debt from July through September, the fourth-largest total for that quarter on record and higher than the $273 billion estimated in April, Treasury said in a report Monday. The departmentís forecast for the October-December quarter is $440 billion, bringing the second-half borrowing estimate to $769 billion, the highest since $1.1 trillion in July-December 2008.

The estimates were ďquite a bit higher than our expectations,Ē Thomas Simons, senior money-market economist at Jefferies LLC, said in a note.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
The national debt has grown every day since the inauguration of djt. There has been no improvement in this dilemma and absolutely no recovery from that level and no actions taken by the trumpski administration to even address it. If you believe that there has been any improvement then state it and link us to it. Any news that describes any improvement would be what lil' dondon might call "fake news."

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Do you not ever get tired of being wrong? From Jan 20th 2017 to Feb 17th 2017 the national debt went DOWN by $12 Billion due to policy changes put in place.

And even with the infamous omnibus bill the debt increases has slowed compare to the 8 years of Obama which saw him add more to the national debt than EVERY OTHER PRESIDENT BEFORE HIM COMBINED. But for some reason that debt was of no concern to you.

Debt growth under Trump has slowed by 25%. From $1.2 trillion a year to $900 Billion.
Excavator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worse than them just being wrong. They have fallen off the deep end. They align themselves with politicians who ban plastic straws. They align themselves with politicians who want to abolish ICE. They align themselves with politicians who protect criminal aliens rather than veterans. Jamie says that a president's policies have no effect for two to three years, so according to him, any additional debt to this point belongs to Obama. Barack Obama created more debt than all previous presidents combined. Just a fact for you poor little cupcakes with Trump derangement syndrome.
Excavator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
I remember back when Ex used to be concerned about how his 3 grandkids were going to have the burden of the national debt. It was probably around 17 trillion at the time. It's now at 21 trillion and the yearly deficit is even larger, yet we don't seem to be concerned anymore.

Yes, PV we are still concerned, very concerned. Are you concerned, or is this one of those issues that "don't affect you"? Donald Trump is chipping away at the detrimental results of Obama's tenure. There is a lot of damage to be repaired, and it will not happen in just a few years. I am confident that Trump's policies will eventually bring the debt down. But, if not, I will choose another conservative candidate to support. Not only did Obama run up more debt than all other presidents combined, he resided over our credit rating being lowered. Are you proud of that?

Hey Jamie, do you still stand by your statement that a presidents policies are not felt for two to three years?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: