midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

It's official ABC out
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: It's official ABC out Reply with quote

As i reported as rumor in another thread, the rumor is now official.

Starting in 2019 NBC and it's family of networks will be the exclusive home to ALL Indy Car practices, time trials and RACES. That is ALL RACES including the 500.

The 103rd Indy 500 will be on NBC while the rest of the schedule will be on NBCSN.

https://www.indycar.com/News/2018/03/03-21-INDYCAR-NBC-Sports-rights-deal

Kind of expected when F1 left NBC for ESPN this year.

Last edited by NeverTrustAMidget on Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note F1 kicks off this weekend in Australia with F1 adding additional DRS zones in an attempt to increase passing. Track now has three DRS zones where if you are with in a second of car in front of you, then you can open the flap in the rear wing reducing drag and increasing speed.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note when ICS moves to NBC next year it will be looking for new title sponsor as Verizon announces they will remain with Penske team but not renew series title deal.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side note. Nobody but you cares.

Do you have to add more aluminum foil to your rabbit ears to pick up NBC on your TV?
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldfart wrote:

Do you have to add more aluminum foil to your rabbit ears to pick up NBC on your TV?

Yet with you freezing your arse off at a snow covered track you felt a need to respond to something you claim no one cares about.

Da^%$ i should run for President in 2024 seeing i have this power to make people respond to things they do not care about.
Here we go!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Oldfart, I find your Life very strange. With All the Money you spend on NASCAR race's. You still have the time to Stalk someone you Dispise!!
Oldfart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go! wrote:
Hey Oldfart, I find your Life very strange. With All the Money you spend on NASCAR race's. You still have the time to Stalk someone you Dispise!!

Just enjoy making fidget squirm. You have to do something while sitting in a hotel room. Not much to do in Martinsville except wait on the gates to open.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Oldfart wrote:

Yet with you freezing your arse off at a snow covered track you felt a need to respond to something you claim no one cares about.

Da^%$ i should run for President in 2024 seeing i have this power to make people respond to things they do not care about.

Snow on the track? You must have been watching another race because I didn't see any. Then again, you hate Nascar so bad I am sure you didn't bother watching 2 exciting races today.

On to Texas in 2 weeks. Hope the weather is better and WARMER.
richdirt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sitting in a Hotel Room thinking about making Midge squirm?
Oldfart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

richdirt wrote:

There is only so much HGTV you can watch when you are sitting in the room.

Mr negative needs to get a hobby besides sitting on his butt complaining and whining about anything and everything.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldfart wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Oldfart wrote:

Snow on the track? You must have been watching another race because I didn't see any. Then again, you hate Nascar so bad I am sure you didn't bother watching 2 exciting races today.

On to Riverside in 2 weeks weather permitting. Preparing to do what i need to do to help the 3rd generation of my family as he prepares to take to the track at the ditch this summer.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Oldfart wrote:

On to Riverside in 2 weeks weather permitting. Preparing to do what i need to do to help the 3rd generation of my family as he prepares to take to the track at the ditch this summer.

Can you actually assist someone while sitting on the couch? That takes talent.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldfart wrote:
richdirt wrote:

Mr negative needs to get a hobby besides sitting on his butt complaining and whining about anything and everything.

When I'm in hotels I watch the Spanish channels. I can't understand a word they're saying, but the women are gorgeous.
Oldfart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeDirt wrote:
Oldfart wrote:
richdirt wrote:

When I'm in hotels I watch the Spanish channels. I can't understand a word they're saying, but the women are gorgeous.

Spanish women are indeed beautiful until they get older. Then that azz seems to get as wide as the Grand Canyon. Must be the diet.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on track to where we were before the usual hijacking occurred.

This TV package will provide the series with unprecedented coverage. Similar to what NASCAR had on SPEED. You will be able to turn on NBCSN and see all the practice session, all the qualifying sessions.

The races will be split between NBCSN and NBC with 8 races including the 500 on broadcast TV. The 8 race deal on NBC is a 40% increase in over the air broadcasting compared to the current deal.

ICS has never had this amount of coverage even back in the early days on ESPN. Several ICS drivers have made appearances on the NBC family of networks with Hinchcliffe appearing on CNBC live from Wall Street discussing the new deal.

With the addition of Englishman Jay Howard there are now 33 confirmed drivers for the 500 with a few more open seats which have not announced their drivers.

Last edited by NeverTrustAMidget on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: