midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

I thought it was disrespectful to not stand...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

...during the playing of the National Anthem. I 'm at a bar and grill with about 20 trumpkins, and non of them stood while the NA was played for the CFP Championship. What gives?
tilley88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
...during the playing of the National Anthem. I 'm at a bar and grill with about 20 trumpkins, and non of them stood while the NA was played for the CFP Championship. What gives?

At a bar.....did you?
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:59 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

At a bar.....did you?

I'm not the one making the claim like a whiney-@ssed little b!tch. Laughing at the hypocritical j@ck@asses that say they won't watch NFL because a tiny fraction of the players are doing what they are doing.
tilley88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

At a bar.....did you?

I'm not the one making the claim like a whiney-@ssed little b!tch. Laughing at the hypocritical j@ck@asses that say they won't watch NFL because a tiny fraction of the players are doing what they are doing.

Nobody stands in front of a tv and puts their hand over their heart during the anthem. Not even Trumpkins. Why are you tryin to make something out of nothing?
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

At a bar.....did you?

Nobody stands in front of a tv and puts their hand over their heart during the anthem. Not even Trumpkins. Why are you tryin to make something out of nothing?

Hey man, I'm not the one who made a big deal about this. Trump and your ilk did. Deal with it.
tilley88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

At a bar.....did you?

Hey man, I'm not the one who made a big deal about this. Trump and your ilk did. Deal with it.

" I 'm at a bar and grill with about 20 trumpkins, and non of them stood while the NA was played for the CFP Championship."

I don't see anybody but you whining about this...........
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

At a bar.....did you?

" I 'm at a bar and grill with about 20 trumpkins, and non of them stood while the NA was played for the CFP Championship."

You don't recall a draft dodger with a bad spray tan launching a petition about standing for the National Anthem ''to show your patriotism and support,"? Do Trumpkins believe they are exempt from this show of respect and that this should only apply to NFL players?
tilley88

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

At a bar.....did you?

You don't recall a draft dodger with a bad spray tan launching a petition about standing for the National Anthem ''to show your patriotism and support,"? Do Trumpkins believe they are exempt from this show of respect and that this should only apply to NFL players?

At a bar? lol
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:

DAMMMN dude you are really grasping at any straws you can with this one. No one other than Military stands for NA at an offsite location.
Excavator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:

This is sheer desperation, and paranoia on your part. Grasping at straws is an understatement. If you run across definitive proof of a "Trumpkin" burning an American flag, or being disrespectful to our flag in any way, let me know, uh.

Good luck with that one.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

DAMMMN dude you are really grasping at any straws you can with this one. No one other than Military stands for NA at an offsite location.

What's the difference between an NFL player standing for the National Anthem at a game vesrsus someone watching the same performance at their house?
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: I thought it was disrespectful to not stand... Reply with quote

Excavator wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

This is sheer desperation, and paranoia on your part. Grasping at straws is an understatement. If you run across definitive proof of a "Trumpkin" burning an American flag, or being disrespectful to our flag in any way, let me know, uh.

Good luck with that one.

Just pointing out your hypocrisy. BTW, why have you stopped caring about the Labor Participation Rate and what the "real unemployment rate" is?

Last edited by PV=nRT on Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always stand for the pre-race-game prayer and Anthem at various venues. I only do it for the respect for those that have some emotional need for that sort of thing. I do not salute or hold my hand over my heart or anything like that. I typically just stand and look around. I've noticed that there are a lot of people that are doing the same. In the cases of the NFL players they have a legitimate statement to make and I agree with their rights to make their statements any way they like. I believe they are covered via the 1st Amendment. Would any true Constitution thumping individual be opposed to that? And speaking of burning a flag, that is the proper way of disposing of a worn and tattered flag. But even if it's not done for that purpose it is still a 1st Amendment protected right as adjudicated by the SCOTUS. I'll stand for that, too.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
JamieHall

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, one could even take a step back and ask why we play the anthem at sporting events in the first place. The anthem is rarely played at any other live events that include large crowds: concerts, plays, beauty pageants, court hearings, meetings, community events. None of them. Only sports.

So why are sporting events singled out as the only kind of live event that merits the anthem?
tilley88

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
Actually, one could even take a step back and ask why we play the anthem at sporting events in the first place. The anthem is rarely played at any other live events that include large crowds: concerts, plays, beauty pageants, court hearings, meetings, community events. None of them. Only sports.

So why are sporting events singled out as the only kind of live event that merits the anthem?

http://www.history.com/news/why-the-star-spangled-banner-is-played-at-sporting-events
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: