midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

What happened?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: What happened? Reply with quote

The budget deficit for 2017 was $666 billion. It was an increase of 80 billion from 2016 and the largest since 2013 and 6th largest ever. I thought Republicans were the ones who were fiscally responsible and it was the democrats who spend us into oblivion. Some of you have some explaining to do.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay tuned, economy is cookin' right now, go ahead and partake in it, we don't mind.....remember, every time we have a tax cut the coffers to the gubmint go up.... every every every TIME which will help that number to go down.... now that the Republicans got a taste of winning, maybe they'll get on the Trump train and get this country rollin' big time!!!
tilley88

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6th largest ever? When were the 1st five?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-ends-fiscal-2017-with-666-billion-budget-deficit-2017-10-20
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What happened? Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
The budget deficit for 2017 was $666 billion. It was an increase of 80 billion from 2016 and the largest since 2013 and 6th largest ever. I thought Republicans were the ones who were fiscally responsible and it was the democrats who spend us into oblivion. Some of you have some explaining to do.

You do realize that 2017 was Obama's budget or excuse for a budget. That without spending cuts put put in by Trump early in 2017 in place it would have been much deeper deficit..

Fiscal year does not start with the calendar year.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: What happened? Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:

You do realize that 2017 was Obama's budget or excuse for a budget. That without spending cuts put put in by Trump early in 2017 in place it would have been much deeper deficit..

Fiscal year does not start with the calendar year.

What a pathetic attempt at an excuse. The deficit is a combination of revenue vs spending. Last time I checked, the republicans hold both houses of congress, which controls the purse strings of spending. Also, what has Trump done to reduce the deficit? He and the congress have just cut the revenue, and have not done any major spending cuts in the first year. Again, I thought conservative were the ones who were suppose to be fiscally responsible. I'm not seeing any of that, and the numbers show it.
tilley88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2017 budget was Obama's last. He now owns the 6 largest budget deficits in history. In only 8 years. How did that happen? Bush?

https://www.thebalance.com/deficit-by-president-what-budget-deficits-hide-3306151
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
2017 budget was Obama's last. He now owns the 6 largest budget deficits in history. In only 8 years. How did that happen? Bush?

https://www.thebalance.com/deficit-by-president-what-budget-deficits-hide-3306151

You guys crack me up with your bullsh!t narratives. Trump gets all the credit for the rising stock market of 2017, and per Duane, Obama had nothing to do with it. Yet, all the budget deficits are on Obama and not on Trump. LOL.

I'm sure you remember the global recession of 2008, don't you? I'm going to assume you believe it never would have happened had Trump been the POTUS at the time.

Oh, and BTW, who controls the federal budget, congress or the POTUS? I'll hang up and listen
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:

You guys crack me up with your bullsh!t narratives. Trump gets all the credit for the rising stock market of 2017, and per Duane, Obama had nothing to do with it. Yet, all the budget deficits are on Obama and not on Trump. LOL.

I'm sure you remember the global recession of 2008, don't you? I'm going to assume you believe it never would have happened had Trump been the POTUS at the time.

Oh, and BTW, who controls the federal budget, congress or the POTUS? I'll hang up and listen

I know you libs love to ignore facts but you cannot. Fiscal 2017 Oct 2016-Sept 2017 is Obama's budget. You can hee and haw all you want but the facts are facts.
tilley88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:

Did Obama not sign off on those budgets?
tilley88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fiscal year 2017 federal budget outlines U.S. government revenue and spending from October 1, 2016 through September 30, 2017. The Office of Management and Budget estimates revenue will be $3.460 trillion. That's less than the estimated $4.037 trillion in spending. That means a $577 billion budget deficit. (Source: "FY 2018 Budget, Table S-4." OMB, May 23, 2017.)
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:

I know you libs love to ignore facts but you cannot. Fiscal 2017 Oct 2016-Sept 2017 is Obama's budget. You can hee and haw all you want but the facts are facts.

We're going by Duane's rules.

mudslinger47 wrote:
, it happens under Trumps watch, Trump gets the credit.... ...

But please go ahead and spell out for me how we give credit for the economy and deficits. I'm gonna write this down so when the script flips down the road, I can shove it down your throat when you try to rewrite the rules.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL you lose again pervert.... There is not a shadow of a doubt that its Trump driving the increase in the economy despite Odummers crummy ass budget, or lack there of...

Ya know what the funny part is? You know it but can't bring yourself to say it... the economy is crankin' because Trumps got the folks feeling optimistic hence the big numbers in the markets and the peoples positivity ratins at an all time high... lets face it, Odummer sucked and continues to su@k all the while President Trump is kickin his azz every way from Sunday... Enjoy "Making America Great Again" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool

I see Trump is as popular as Odummer was with you clowns... you did notice that, didn't ya?
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
LOL you lose again pervert.... There is not a shadow of a doubt that its Trump driving the increase in the economy despite Odummers crummy ass budget, or lack there of...

Ya know what the funny part is? You know it but can't bring yourself to say it... the economy is crankin' because Trumps got the folks feeling optimistic hence the big numbers in the markets and the peoples positivity ratins at an all time high... lets face it, Odummer sucked and continues to su@k all the while President Trump is kickin his azz every way from Sunday... Enjoy "Making America Great Again" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Cool Cool Cool

I see Trump is as popular as Odummer was with you clowns... you did notice that, didn't ya?

Good Grief dumb@ss. This thread is about our budget deficit and why has it increased. I noticed you haven't touched on that. I'm wanting you, Tilley and Midge to call your shot. Will we have a budget surplus next year since everything is cooking? If there isn't a surplus next year, what will be the excuse?
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like just the other day that the repub congress passed a tax reform bill that even the most optimistic of the trumpski economists are forecasting an additional 1.5 to 2.0 trillion dollar tag to our ongoing deficits and that will mean tax increases for the vast majorities of lower and middle income taxpayers. Oh wait a minute,,,,,,,,,,,,It WAS just the other day that those idiots did that!!!!!!!! I can't imagine what the pukes might have said if President Barack Hussein Obama or any Democratic congress had even proposed such a thing. Actually I can imagine what the pukes would say or do. Even right here in this thread some of them are still whining about what the repubs did with the budgets that THEY presented to President Barack Hussein Obama for his approvals. Oh, well. What's a few more trillion for the latest greatest national economy in the history of this Earth?

Another point to ponder is that Dubya was fighting in Afghanistan and Iraq and in other more obscure locations in the namesake of the War on Terror and he was doing all that off-budget. President Barack Hussein Obama recognized that could not continue and he insisted that the costs of those wars be fully ON budget and available for the Constitutionally demanded oversight and commentary by the congress. Who knew that wars could be so expensive and complicated?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tilley88

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Good Grief dumb@ss. This thread is about our budget deficit and why has it increased. I noticed you haven't touched on that. I'm wanting you, Tilley and Midge to call your shot. Will we have a budget surplus next year since everything is cooking? If there isn't a surplus next year, what will be the excuse?

This is the lamest comment you've ever put forth. Have you forgotten your original question already, or just moved the goalposts because you got your azz shot down? Nobody can answer to next years budget deficit unless they're psychic, but the projection right now is $440 billion.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: