midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 
 

And you thought republicans were nutty
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JamieHall



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 4368
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
Most of us have seen flying objects we couldnít explain. My mom threw a shoe at me once that somehow curved around the hallway wall and found itís target.......explain that.


I'm not saying you're wrong, just pointing out that UFOs aren't exactly a partisan issue.

I remember as a kid in SE Missouri I saw a zig-zagging light far off in the sky. Later that night it was the top story on the local 10 o'clock news because people were calling the police and military to report it. To the best of my knowledge, nobody ever confirmed what it was.

I'd never judge somebody who claims to have seen a ghost, UFO, Bigfoot or anything else because I don't have proof that they're wrong or right.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3356

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
Most of us have seen flying objects we couldnít explain. My mom threw a shoe at me once that somehow curved around the hallway wall and found itís target.......explain that.


I'm not saying you're wrong, just pointing out that UFOs aren't exactly a partisan issue.

I remember as a kid in SE Missouri I saw a zig-zagging light far off in the sky. Later that night it was the top story on the local 10 o'clock news because people were calling the police and military to report it. To the best of my knowledge, nobody ever confirmed what it was.

I'd never judge somebody who claims to have seen a ghost, UFO, Bigfoot or anything else because I don't have proof that they're wrong or right.


You ever hear of the Boogie woods over by Dexter? I remember hearing stories about ghosts and weird lights seen there as a kid, but as I got older I realized it was probably a bunch of stories generated by drunk or stoned kids. Maybe that stuff really exists, I donít know, Iíve never seen a ufo, alien, ghost, or Bigfoot. But just because Iíve never seen it doesnít mean it doesnít exist. I just find it ironic that Christians (mostly conservative) get called bat sh!t crazy because they believe in God, who most liberals will tell you doesnít exist.......
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11915

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, tillyjo, you know very little about the religious attitudes of "most liberals." Most liberals that I know are quite religious, attend worship services regularly, are committed to many charities and behave in much more moral manners than many that only claim their religiosity right here on this message board. And they get along just fine with me. I think you would probably get along with them as well.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamieHall



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 4368
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
You ever hear of the Boogie woods over by Dexter? I remember hearing stories about ghosts and weird lights seen there as a kid, but as I got older I realized it was probably a bunch of stories generated by drunk or stoned kids. Maybe that stuff really exists, I donít know, Iíve never seen a ufo, alien, ghost, or Bigfoot. But just because Iíve never seen it doesnít mean it doesnít exist. I just find it ironic that Christians (mostly conservative) get called bat sh!t crazy because they believe in God, who most liberals will tell you doesnít exist.......


Hadn't heard of the Boogie Woods before, but I grew up hearing about a mystery light that would appear on railroad tracks near East Prairie. A lot of people tried to debunk it and never could. Some things might never be explained.

As for most liberals saying they don't believe in a higher power, I don't know that to be accurate unless you know of some numbers. I know several liberals who do attend church, and I know of others (myself included) who tend to be more agnostic.

I argue over religion ONLY when politicians try to use it to make laws. Laws should be made on the basis of what's fair and reasonable, and not based on a particular religious doctrine.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3356

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting polls on the subject.......

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/political-ideology/liberal/

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-landscape-study/political-ideology/conservative/
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10602
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting Tilly, thanks....
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11915

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very convinced that you might find reasonable debate concerning religious issues from anyplace that refers to itself as a "pew" forum. NOT!!!!!! Our Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights all avoid the rules of religions and for damned good reasons. Take the 10 Commandments for instance. Are any of them specifically against the laws of this nation? Think hard before you answer that question. You just might be surprised if you do actually think hard about it.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3356

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
I'm very convinced that you might find reasonable debate concerning religious issues from anyplace that refers to itself as a "pew" forum. NOT!!!!!! Our Declaration of Independence, Constitution and Bill of Rights all avoid the rules of religions and for damned good reasons. Take the 10 Commandments for instance. Are any of them specifically against the laws of this nation? Think hard before you answer that question. You just might be surprised if you do actually think hard about it.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


You didnít even bother looking at the links, did ya? Lol
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11915

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did look at the links, tillyjo. I didn't find anything there that might interest any thinking person. I suppose that you did. Please share it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3356

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
I'm very convinced that you might find reasonable debate concerning religious issues from anyplace that refers to itself as a "pew" forum. NOT!!!!!!


If you would have read the links you would have seen they were Pew polls, not forums. So quit lying, you make liberals look bad. Oh wait.......
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11915

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The very links that you provide, tillyjo, come from a place called "pewforum." What's that "pew" all about? They certainly have their subjective objectives. I wonder what they might be?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group