midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Danica Out At Stewart Hass
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Danica Out At Stewart Hass Reply with quote

Have to wonder if the incident with Nature's Bakery had anything to do with the choice.

Big enough shock to team when Go Daddy announced they were cancelling their sponsorship of her last year. Then to sign a new part time sponsor in Nature's Bakery then having to go to court to keep the sponsor due to Danica promoting the sponsors competitor.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/09/12/danica-patrick-out-stewart-haas-racing/?linkId=100000001089639
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time .
drmike

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...Bye.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has been bantered about for over a year now. No one knows better than SHR and Danica that finishing on average in 25th place is not at all what they had plans for 6 years ago when Danica joined SHR. It appears that she is leaving on a very amicable and satisfactory note and is not certain what role she might play, if any role at all, in future NASCAR or any other auto racing. It's been apparent to everyone for a long time that the NASCAR thing was not a good fit for her. I sincerely wish her the very best in her future endeavors and I thank her for her contributions to the sport of NASCAR racing on behalf of myself, my wife, my daughter and grand-daughter and for all the other women with whom I may be related or friends with that have enjoyed the participation of Danica in a sport that is not usually very friendly to women or minorities. THANK YOU, Danica.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/09/12/danica-patrick-out-stewart-haas-racing/

PsychoTrack
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She's got till the end of the year to try and get a top 5 and avoid the embarrassment of 200 starts with a top tier team and 0 top 5's.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
This has been bantered about for over a year now. No one knows better than SHR and Danica that finishing on average in 25th place is not at all what they had plans for 6 years ago when Danica joined SHR. It appears that she is leaving on a very amicable and satisfactory note and is not certain what role she might play, if any role at all, in future NASCAR or any other auto racing. It's been apparent to everyone for a long time that the NASCAR thing was not a good fit for her. I sincerely wish her the very best in her future endeavors and I thank her for her contributions to the sport of NASCAR racing on behalf of myself, my wife, my daughter and grand-daughter and for all the other women with whom I may be related or friends with that have enjoyed the participation of Danica in a sport that is not usually very friendly to women or minorities. THANK YOU, Danica.

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/09/12/danica-patrick-out-stewart-haas-racing/

PsychoTrack

Question would you feel comfortable with your daughter or grand daughter laying across the hood of a car half naked in a men's magazine in order to take advantage of her blossoming fame to get into main stream?

If her car owner did not have his own talk show and if she had not did the Maxim spread even after leading a lap at Indy few would have known about her.

Do not forget the only reason she lead at Indy was that during a caution period she ran over another car right before they were about to go green. Then while they were cleaning up the mess from that she re-enter the pits replaced her broken nose piece and topped off her fuel. Between that and having at least 30-50 lbs advantage over the other cars allowed he r to stay on track and take lead as the others had to pit for fuel.

PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen you obsess over what you think about things that do not reflect on you in any way, midgeroo. My daughter and my grand-daughter can do about anything they might want to do. I have no say at all about anything either of them do in their adult lives. And YOU certainly have no say in their lives or in Danica's life. I've seen you also obsess over racing incidents in which Danica was involved. I've never seen an auto race where there weren't "incidents." Auto racing is fast and very reliant on perfect concentration. Even then, really bad things happen in the sport. YOU don't really know what happened but YOU make it YOUR purpose to condemn Danica every chance you get. If you are a heavily closeted homosexual with some sort of resentment towards women then unshackle yourself and come on out about just who and what you really are. Or at least speak with your doctor or clergyperson about how miserable you've been feeling.
One Man Gang

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the looks of that pic I'd say she's alot better at riding than driving 👀
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danica certainly has her assets and wares and she obviously knows how to turn them into personal financial wealth. She has never done a single thing in her endeavors that have offended me in any way. Although she was born and raised in a family of modest means she has capitalized on her own abilities to create for herself a fortune in the millions of dollars. If you want to whine about that then go right ahead. I couldn't possibly be so unfairly judgmental. It sure as heck ain't my business or interest to criticize her in any way as far as her capitalizing with her assets and skills. She is not a last place driver. And she is not a 26th place driver. The records indicate that she is a 25th place driver. That says a lot to me.

Danica was born and raised in a family of modest means. But, she developed skills on the racetrack that are seldom seen by anyone. She was a racing millionaire before she ever made the switch to NASCAR. But she hasn't done that due to anything beyond her own talents and assets. Danica was recognized long ago as being a top notch driver and a top notch communicator to her crew as to what she needed in her racecar to make her racing experience better.

I've heard about every kind of criticism that can be leveled against anyone directed to her right here on this website. Total bullsh!t. I even heard that other drivers avoided her because they couldn't trust what she might do in the course of a race. Again. Total bullsh!t. Danica is as good as anyone out there and demonstrably better than most and other drivers DO NOT avoid her in any way. For some time it worried me that she and Lil' Ricky Stenhouse raced together too much nose to tail, no pun intended, but that was just the way things worked out. Both of them are generally middle of the pack performers. Middle of the pack is no shame. In NASCAR just to be able to consistently finish a race in the middle of the pack is quite remarkable. That said, I often keep my attention on the middle of the pack performers at local dirt tracks that I tend to frequent. Many times the 1st place driver is so far better than all the rest that I find the true entertainment a little further back.

Anyway, I truly do wish Danica all the best whatever or wherever she might decide to participate. If she never races again that A-OK with me. If she does stay in racing I will make it a point to follow her participation as best as I can. Happy Trails!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oldfart

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed fidget didn't complain when Courtney Force did a similar photo shoot. I figured he would enjoy looking at attractive women. Maybe he is more into his own kind.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldfart wrote:
I noticed fidget didn't complain when Courtney Force did a similar photo shoot. I figured he would enjoy looking at attractive women. Maybe he is more into his own kind.

Whether or not she should have done the ESPN the Magazine photo shoot, along with several other female sports personalities is between Courtney Rahal and her husband.

Major difference between the two is she did not use her sexuality to open doors. She already had kicked the door in and was winning before hand.

If she never did the shoot she would still be where she is today, as she was famous and successful in the sport BEFOREHAND without having to do it.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Oldfart wrote:

Whether or not she should have done the ESPN the Magazine photo shoot, along with several other female sports personalities is between Courtney Rahal and her husband.

Major difference between the two is she did not use her sexuality to open doors. She already had kicked the door in and was winning before hand.

If she never did the shoot she would still be where she is today, as she was famous and successful in the sport BEFOREHAND without having to do it.

I'm a Courtney fan myself, but I'd hardly say she "kicked the door in". Her daddy opened the door so she could walk right through it. I don't have a big problem with that either, and kudos to her for having the talent to do so well with it.

Personally, I have no problem with the good looking women doing photo shoots. When I see someone like Danica or Courtney posing with not much on I have to think to myself "Is this a great country or what???"
drmike

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"She is not a last place driver. And she is not a 26th place driver. The records indicate that she is a 25th place driver. That says a lot to me" LOL, priceless!!
spec spoiler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She is a 25th place driver in a field of 37 or 38 cars today in which a handful of them are field fillers, make a fee laps and pull in. Then there are another handful of cars that have trouble thru out the race so that makes her a last place driver. Did u see her try to wreck Austin Dillon when she turned down on him Saturday night lol.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to an IndyCar (then IRL) race at Texas Motor Speedway at the height of the IRL's "Danica Mania". She had qualified around 10th as I remember. As soon as the green flagged dropped she immediately started backpedaling, all the way to nearly last. I walked away thinking that she wasn't comfortable racing side by side with people, which the Indycars do a lot of TMS. I'm not convinced that she never really was comfortable with that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: