midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Idiocy of the left
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject: Idiocy of the left Reply with quote

Sometimes they are so ignorant in their demands that you can make them look like complete morons and they will be happy about it.

Consider what happened with the State Flag in Georgia.

The protestors were so angry that the State flag had the battle flag as part of it they DEMANDED that the state change the flag. So they changed from this.

And switch over to this.

Which is a slightly modified version of this.

Better known as the Stars and Bars. The OFFICIAL flag of the Confederacy.

Sometimes you cannot make this stuff up.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiocy of the left Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Sometimes they are so ignorant in their demands that you can make them look like complete morons and they will be happy about it.

The protestors were so angry that the State flag had the battle flag as part of it they DEMANDED that the state change the flag. So they changed from this.

And switch over to this.

There's a lot of ignorance out there when it comes to understanding an idealology that was willing to take up arms against our country in order to preserve slavery. I'm forever grateful that we still have a few on the far far right to keep us straight in that area.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Idiocy of the left Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

And switch over to this.

There's a lot of ignorance out there when it comes to understanding an idealology that was willing to take up arms against our country in order to preserve slavery. I'm forever grateful that we still have a few on the far far right to keep us straight in that area.

You should read about the Missouri compromise and the Compromise of 1850. The issue of slavery in the US was settled law and it would have taken a Constitutional amendment to change it.

Slavery was safe in the US for as long as it seemed to have been needed. So the reason for leaving the union was not about slavery itself. But the lack of enforcement of federal laws by the union and it's refusal to go after those which violated the laws.

Only 2% of southerner held slaves. At today's prices you are looking at an average of $200,000 per slave cost. So the majority of those who felt a need to fight were not driven by the issue of slavery.

But when it cost you three times as much to buy a needed item because of tariffs placed on important items to protect northern industry. Then you are effected.

Do not forget that Lincoln sent Horace Greely to Montreal to negotiate with representative from the Confederacy and offered to allow slavery to remain and to strictly enforce the fugitive slave acts if they agreed to return to the union.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each slave holding state wrote an Article of Secession. You should read those so you can get it straight from the horses mouth why they seceeded
JamieHall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current Georgia flag was a compromise between both sides. The main goal of the left when they changed the flag (which was back around 2003) was to drop the confederate battle symbol, but the right wanted to keep something of historical significance. So both sides got a little of what they wanted. A rare compromise, which doesn't happen often these days.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the Declaration of Clauses of the State of South Carolina.

Quote:
We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection.

For twenty-five years this agitation has been steadily increasing, until it has now secured to its aid the power of the common Government. Observing the *forms* [emphasis in the original] of the Constitution, a sectional party has found within that Article establishing the Executive Department, the means of subverting the Constitution itself. A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that "Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free," and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
From the Declaration of Clauses of the State of South Carolina.

Quote:
We affirm that these ends for which this Government was instituted have been defeated, and the Government itself has been made destructive of them by the action of the non-slaveholding States. Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile insurrection.

For twenty-five years this agitation has been steadily increasing, until it has now secured to its aid the power of the common Government. Observing the *forms* [emphasis in the original] of the Constitution, a sectional party has found within that Article establishing the Executive Department, the means of subverting the Constitution itself. A geographical line has been drawn across the Union, and all the States north of that line have united in the election of a man to the high office of President of the United States, whose opinions and purposes are hostile to slavery. He is to be entrusted with the administration of the common Government, because he has declared that that "Government cannot endure permanently half slave, half free," and that the public mind must rest in the belief that slavery is in the course of ultimate extinction.

Doesn't mater, it was impossible to end slavery in the US without a change in the Constitution. The southern states knew this. There problem was that the union was refusing to enforce the fugitive slave act and allowing abolitionist to ignore the law. They were pissed that the Missouri Compromise and the Compromise of 1850 were being ignored.

The issue was not the continuation of slavery as that was guaranteed.

The issue was a distrust of Washington due to them not enforcing the current laws on the books. The failure to enforce the laws passed in 1820 and 1850 regarding slavery.

People use the letters of secession as proof that it was the fear of losing slaves as the reason for leaving the union. But slavery was a symptom of the real issues.

BTW did you hear what happened soon after Lincoln made the war about slavery? Voters in NYC rioted and lynched a group of black men and ran others out of town.

Ohio, Indiana and Illinois passed laws that prohibited free slaves from settling in those states.

Executive Mansion,
Washington, August 22, 1862.

Hon. Horace Greeley:
Dear Sir.

I have just read yours of the 19th. addressed to myself through the New-York Tribune. If there be in it any statements, or assumptions of fact, which I may know to be erroneous, I do not, now and here, controvert them. If there be in it any inferences which I may believe to be falsely drawn, I do not now and here, argue against them. If there be perceptable in it an impatient and dictatorial tone, I waive it in deference to an old friend, whose heart I have always supposed to be right.

As to the policy I "seem to be pursuing" as you say, I have not meant to leave any one in doubt.

I would save the Union. I would save it the shortest way under the Constitution.
The sooner the national authority can be restored; the nearer the Union will be "the Union as it was." If there be those who would not save the Union, unless they could at the same time save slavery, I do not agree with them. If there be those who would not save the Union unless they could at the same time destroy slavery, I do not agree with them. My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause. I shall try to correct errors when shown to be errors; and I shall adopt new views so fast as they shall appear to be true views.

I have here stated my purpose according to my view of official duty; and I intend no modification of my oft-expressed personal wish that all men every where could be free.

Yours,
A. Lincoln.

So when Lincoln sent federal troops to invade the south it had NOTHING to do with slavery.

Also another side bite the justification for invading was Ft Sumter A little forgotten history is the troops who were in the fort were there AGAINST ORDERS..

Major Anderson and his troops were specifically ordered stationed at Ft Moutrie in the harbor but disregarded orders and move to Sumter.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Alexander Stephens (VP of the Confederacy) Cornerstone Speech.

Quote:
The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution African slavery as it exists amongst us the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the “rock upon which the old Union would split.” He was right.

There you go Midge. It's right there in black and white, straight from the horses mouth. It was slavery.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here is the state of Mississippi with their Declaration of Cause

Quote:
Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery-- the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin. That we do not overstate the dangers to our institution, a reference to a few facts will sufficiently prove.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the great state of Texas

Quote:
We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Pervert, did you read what NTaM wrote? Apparently not, your to busy impressing yourself.....
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right here and right now in August of 2017 we have US citizens that continue to uphold the rights of rich white men to possess in slavery other US citizens of their choosing. Is this an American value or just another value of hate, racism and illegitimate power?
tilley88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
Right here and right now in August of 2017 we have US citizens that continue to uphold the rights of rich white men to possess in slavery other US citizens of their choosing. Is this an American value or just another value of hate, racism and illegitimate power?

Provide proof, not hyperbole......
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to say that you need proof that this nation has many that would reinstitute the practice of enslaving other humans in a heart beat, tillyjo? There were a good number of them in Charlottesville, VA this past weekend. The lil' donnie is on a tear about it. I very strongly encourage him to kick it up a notch or two.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
Are you trying to say that you need proof that this nation has many that would reinstitute the practice of enslaving other humans in a heart beat, tillyjo? There were a good number of them in Charlottesville, VA this past weekend. The lil' donnie is on a tear about it. I very strongly encourage him to kick it up a notch or two.

Your an effing idiot...we just had 8 years for a Black man as the President, I may not of liked him but he was still the President... we have legions of black office holders , as well as Senators and Congressmen.... its people like you that are the problem.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: