midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

At the concession stand at RIS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VJ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: At the concession stand at RIS Reply with quote

I went to the concession stand last night to enjoy one of those fine Hamburgers and a cold beverage and over heard a conversation from two drivers about the track conditions and how many cars are damaged on the unbelievably tacky race track over the drier track from the previous week which had fewer wreck and more passing and better racing . I quest Mr Allen would to decrease his car count instead of increasing it .Looking at the finishing orders on the results a lot did not finish . Look like he would be working to increasing his car count and fan count and save some of his important time and the wear and tear on his equipment
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you believe it i was able to come up with video of what actually went on at the concession stand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTndTO1tqVk
Green13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Re: At the concession stand at RIS Reply with quote

VJ wrote:
I went to the concession stand last night to enjoy one of those fine Hamburgers and a cold beverage and over heard a conversation from two drivers about the track conditions and how many cars are damaged on the unbelievably tacky race track over the drier track from the previous week which had fewer wreck and more passing and better racing . I quest Mr Allen would to decrease his car count instead of increasing it .Looking at the finishing orders on the results a lot did not finish . Look like he would be working to increasing his car count and fan count and save some of his important time and the wear and tear on his equipment

Wrong...THAT gumbo is what made Riverside. If you want dust, come to middle TN and bring your goggles...
VJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody said anything about dust
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Incredibly tacky" That's the way Riverside used to be and the way it should be!
VJ

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a different in being tacky than a mud hole
revolg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: fast track Reply with quote

Track was in great shape. always someone bit@hing. Saw passing all night. Hats off to stock cars. Best race I've seen all year. If it was easy everyone would do it.
Ricky Mendoza

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You seen passing for 3 cars 2' in front of the line. Following each other around the top of the race track for 15 laps is not racing. I junked a car when it was slick two weeks ago but not do to track conditions. Now I don't blame anyone for last weeks mudhole due to the fact that we were lucky to even race. But all it proved Saturday was who had the most money spent in a motor. Every week it's dry you've had people come from 5-6 rows back to the front. Your top 5 this week in just about every class was exactly the same top 5. Ris has produced the best racing this year when it was slick. Get over it older folks that mud at midnight stuff sucks. If you want to watch wrecks go to a demo derby. If you just want speed got to a drag track. If you want to watch a train race go to Daytona. It's dirt racing not a mud bog.
4everblue

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRuxv_FWgv0

memory refresher
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been visiting Riverside since 1950. Riverside has always been notorious for having a tacky gumbo no dust track during almost all these years. For the last several years though it's been dusty and terrible several times each year. Personally, I hate a dry slick track. I also visit Greenville, I-30, Columbus, Magnolia and several more as I have the time patience and the tracks seem to promise some great racing. All that said, I'll take Riverside in whatever condition it may offer on that night.
Green13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4everblue wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRuxv_FWgv0

memory refresher

and you posted me running second in the first street stock heat... and with no power steering... Smile
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky Mendoza wrote:
You seen passing for 3 cars 2' in front of the line. Following each other around the top of the race track for 15 laps is not racing. I junked a car when it was slick two weeks ago but not do to track conditions. Now I don't blame anyone for last weeks mudhole due to the fact that we were lucky to even race. But all it proved Saturday was who had the most money spent in a motor. Every week it's dry you've had people come from 5-6 rows back to the front. Your top 5 this week in just about every class was exactly the same top 5. Ris has produced the best racing this year when it was slick. Get over it older folks that mud at midnight stuff sucks. If you want to watch wrecks go to a demo derby. If you just want speed got to a drag track. If you want to watch a train race go to Daytona. It's dirt racing not a mud bog.

Those who want to pass hard enough find a way to get it done. Makes you drive harder instead of ride around and wait for others to mess up.
Ricky Mendoza

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or it just makes for a lot of tore up stuff cause people are running over one another to pass
Green13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricky Mendoza wrote:
Or it just makes for a lot of tore up stuff cause people are running over one another to pass

From the paying crowd, that is what "Thrills, Chills and Spills" has always meant.

Not sure when 'Hard, Dusty and Slick' became the Riverside advert.

PS, if you HAVE to 'run over one another to pass' perhaps your skills are not up to par. If you aren't polished enough to pass without tearing up your stuff and the other guys...stay in the back OR stay home... (in this paragraph, the word "you" is generic...NOT specifically directed at Ricky.)
Ricky Mendoza

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green13 wrote:
Ricky Mendoza wrote:

From the paying crowd, that is what "Thrills, Chills and Spills" has always meant.

Not sure when 'Hard, Dusty and Slick' became the Riverside advert.

PS, if you HAVE to 'run over one another to pass' perhaps your skills are not up to par. If you aren't polished enough to pass without tearing up your stuff and the other guys...stay in the back OR stay home... (in this paragraph, the word "you" is generic...NOT specifically directed at Ricky.)

A lot easier said than done when the fastest if not the only line is on the wall. But we will have to agree to disagree. The best racing for a fact has been when it's dried out. I'm not gonna bash the place cause it's our home track. I want 40 in each class every night.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: