midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Bye Bye jackman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Bye Bye jackman Reply with quote

Proposal being studied to get rid of jack men and replace them with pneumatic car lifts as used in Indy Car and similar series.

I figure if this passes then in the next few years you will see a switch over to single lug rims.

Do not think fueling towers will be passed since cars often pit at an angle and it would not be possible to get probe to cars at times.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Bye Bye jackman Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
I figure if this passes then in the next few years you will see a switch over to single lug rims.

That'll solve the post race lug nut issue.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:04 am    Post subject: Re: Bye Bye jackman Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

That'll solve the post race lug nut issue.

Definetly true. It should also be a little safer for the over the wall guys. Personally, I think they should make them use the bumper jacks like we had on passenger cars back in the day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: