midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

pineridge speedway opening soon
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btedford

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Pineridge Reply with quote

Young racing good luck and good luck at north Alabama.
N.Alabama Racer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put my name on there b. tedford David young. Young racing n. alabama. See you at a track soon . I just want to race but that gets harder to do year after year. No crate motors for me. IMO not affordable. Can build my own cheaper freshen myself cheaper. I am just a hard working iron worker all racing funds come out of my wallet. Just hate to see the low car counts and no fans. I know it's not all the crate engines fault but its part of it. Hope everyone has a great year!!
80RACING

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: 602 Stock Late Model Reply with quote

It is my understanding that the rules will be as we wrote them to start with.
Allowing a built semi stock motor to run against a 602. It worked good for several years. As it sits we have 10 cars with built motors that are working to be ready for the opening day. I believe around 5 602 motor cars.
80RACING

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Pine ridge Reply with quote

btedford wrote:
North Alabama racer did I say anything about you not having a place to race ???? We pull 100 miles a least one way to race now and have for several years .And know I don't know who you are like most of these ppl on here don't put there real name on here . If they run rules like in the 90s , I hope there is a lot of old cars sitting around and there ain't no more in the junk yards . I really hope they make it . Look at latemodel stock at columbus , all we will come every weekend if you race us . Had 4 this weekend . You don't have to be sanctioned you can use the rules . I know of avout 20-25 cars that want show up now .

I fully understand your point, but don't mix up facts. We had more stock late models than any other LM class for several weeks. Between ball games, school stuff, and a few cars still being fixed we had a off night. Car count should be up this Friday although 2 of my cars won't be there due to a school trip.

If anyone recalls correctly, with Steve running Corinth we had the largest car count on a consistent basis.

Don't down one class just to try to make another look better.

Thanks.
flagman66

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest ill believe this when they open the gates and not until
psc1372

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why people are so negative about the track opening? Lets all be positive and pray it goes well for them. Life is to short to be so negative.
boonevilleracer77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 77 teams will for sure support them!
Pridmore Racing

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Need to have rules meeting. Sad thing is I live 3 miles away from the track but will have to pass it both directions to go somewhere that is Nesmith to run for points. All your 602 cars except for 3 or maybe 4 isn't nesmith now in the 602 class/ or this area. You want good results look at your tracks that are surviving compared to the ones that have tried and failed. Times change and you can't run what was once the past and make it work in the future.
muttnjeff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flagman66 wrote:
To be honest ill believe this when they open the gates and not until
They are doing a lot of work if they don't !! Dropped by track today, you wouldn't know the place !! Looking good
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of these comments certainly reflect today's social media mindset. It has been a long-time opinion that, I wish this or that track would not have closed or reopen, listing all the reason's for the track demise.

So here we are at a point where another track will open up with the person in charge of the reopening taking a huge gamble of just keeping the gates open in 2017. A huge undertaking and giant risk, yet.....................

There is a wee-wee-urine contest about rules, some posts concerning the real chance or lack of a chance of this track running again.

Instead of overwhelming praise and thanks for the guy taking the chance, low-brow, cheesy, modern day social media screen name folks are bashing the small things.

How bout ya let track open with maybe some open and liberal rules to get on their feet and get some cars and fans. Most of the folks cryin' on here do not have the long term tenure to get the finality of losing tracks forever.

This track thought long dead with little chance may come to life yet the bellyachers continue the snivelin' over the small stuff.

Late Model Mark
Pineridge Speedway

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Late Model Mark
FastFords

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Track Reply with quote

The track is going to open went there today an looked everything over a lot of work has been done an still likes quite abit being ready I do wish they would rethink some of the classes I'm like Jonathon if they don't change I'll haft to drive on but to race ! Thanks Joey Mckinney
Corinth Speedway Inc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Points!!!LOL!!! If you go NEsmith my 2 cars will stay where they are! In the shop. I had all of nesmith I want. You send them 3 to 5 hundred a week while you are doing everything to keep a track open and get nothing in return but 2 cars running for points because by the 3rd week everyone else is out of contention! But you still have to pay an extra 10 bucks peer car to race each week on top of everything else. JMHO

PS How bout posting some pictures of all the work! I went by yesterday and the gate was still locked .
psc1372

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Corinth Speedway Inc wrote:
Points!!!LOL!!! If you go NEsmith my 2 cars will stay where they are! In the shop. I had all of nesmith I want. You send them 3 to 5 hundred a week while you are doing everything to keep a track open and get nothing in return but 2 cars running for points because by the 3rd week everyone else is out of contention! But you still have to pay an extra 10 bucks peer car to race each week on top of everything else. JMHO

PS How bout posting some pictures of all the work! I went by yesterday and the gate was still locked .

The gate stays closed when they are not working on the track because they have a house there as well and still live there.
Steven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope yall do well whatever rules yall go with ill try and look to see if you have a special and we have a Latemodel or streetstock that fit we'll see about coming up there for it. We race at non sanction tracks from time to time. I understand car counts with Nesmith because we race all over what a lot of people dont see is from were we live 3hrs in any direction you can run for good money with specials so yes that hurts weekly counts that are running against that. Our home tracks are Magnolia and Whynot and we dont race many weekly races there every year just because we can go somewere and race for more money. With that said Nesmith style or UMP style rules just opens it up for more cars to come that are already out there. But anyway Good Luck and if yall would post rules on here or a web site i dont do facebook so cant see anything on there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: