midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Moulton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spin_n_ranches

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Moulton Reply with quote

Input and conversation please. Moulton speedway is in a bad catch 22. Doesn't matter who runs it the problem remains the same. Friday night racin didn't work last season. Saturday night racin is out because there are 5 established tracks in this area. 2 that are too close per CRUSA for it to be sanctioned. Now with all this, what would work???? Would a Sunday show work?? Gates open at 1? Drivers meeting at 3? NO qualifying. Pill draw-heats-feature. Give the people racin!! Moulton needs help and no one wants to talk about it, just bash it. Let it lay and to hell with it? Another track of the past?? Let's solve this within reason.
racefan0

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are Friday Nights out of the question? I went to Moulton once last year and if i remember correctly, off the top of my head, they had like 20 factory stocks, 22 602 crates and like 12 or 14 604 cars. I wish they would continue to run Friday nights. Sunday afternoon races are cool, but during the summertime when it's 100 degrees outside, your gonna be worse off running on Sunday. Drivers meeting at 7:30 on Friday and keep the show moving and you are better off than running Sunday.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the author of this post pointed out so right is the situation in 2020 is difficult. It is surely not like the span of when the Crumbs had it thru the times that had the 2 gentlemen run it when I did some announcing there when the plug was pulled.

The draw for fans and cars is much tougher now in 2020. Friday nights for the most part don't work well in the South these days, Sundays are fun very early in the season or late in the year, but the dog days of summer fans are not going to broil and bake.

The answer? It would seem one avenue would be special events only, the drawback with that is that when the gates are not open, expenses still need to be paid. Maybe 5-8 a year, it would need Supers or Sprints to draw the buns in the seats.

Easy to say, but if a working agreement with North Alabama and Moulton could be reached, alternating weekends of racing may work. Seems that most tracks in Bama do their own thing and that is each tracks choice.

This really is a tough spot for Moulton. The car count when I announced or spectated was always a given, that was then, now it's 2020.

Late Model Mark
spin_n_ranches

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

378 set of eyes looked and only 2 replies. Racefan0 to answer your reply yes. Car count for a Fri night was decent. 0 fans in the stands. Remember GreenValley? Pits always loaded. No fans. LMM understands totally the problem at hand. He may hold the only answer. Special shows once a month. I for 1 do not want to see it sit. I'm in my 50s now and it's been home all those years. The future for this place is in serious jeopardy. Social media is waiting on it to fail I guess so people will be able to complain. If you take time to read this please take this with you. NEVER complain or yawn on any social media about any track. If you have a complaint or problem with any track-have a solution ready with your complaint. Tell 1 person in line at the grocery store or convenience store about your track. It's up to all of us to keep racin alive. Racers will show up anywhere to race. If you don't have butts in the seats to watch the show then the show is over. Thank you Racefan0 and LMM.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome sir. This place really needs a good shot in the arm of good fortune. I hope so much for good things for Moulton. With Corinth back in action it made the draw for fans and cars much tougher. We need a closed track about as much as I need less hair,lol.

LMM
racefan0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spin_n_ranches wrote:
378 set of eyes looked and only 2 replies. Racefan0 to answer your reply yes. Car count for a Fri night was decent. 0 fans in the stands. Remember GreenValley? Pits always loaded. No fans. LMM understands totally the problem at hand. He may hold the only answer. Special shows once a month. I for 1 do not want to see it sit. I'm in my 50s now and it's been home all those years. The future for this place is in serious jeopardy. Social media is waiting on it to fail I guess so people will be able to complain. If you take time to read this please take this with you. NEVER complain or yawn on any social media about any track. If you have a complaint or problem with any track-have a solution ready with your complaint. Tell 1 person in line at the grocery store or convenience store about your track. It's up to all of us to keep racin alive. Racers will show up anywhere to race. If you don't have butts in the seats to watch the show then the show is over. Thank you Racefan0 and LMM.

You are welcome.

Not sure if you are on Facebook, but they started another Facebook page called Moulton Speedway 2020. They posted a tentative schedule on that page last night and it goes like this: March 21, April 11, May 9, June 13, July 11, August 22, September 26, October 11. I've seen some people recommend Friday nights in the comments, don't see how this is any better honestly. Competing with North Alabama and ECM doesn't make sense. And they can't be Nesmith sanctioned because they only let so many tracks within a certain radius be sanctioned. I guess well see how this plays out.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want to compete with other tracks? Lock the gate, it is that simple. Fly by 1 year renters will fail esp with random races with no supers nor 604s. Invest in the track over time with 1 to 2 year losses up front to gain back fans and cars running weekly with large purses is the ONLY way. That is what the old timer owners did, you have to build the business, not short term cheap fly by night renters. One can run on Friday nights, put the money out there and build it up again. Do like Sparks, big purse with $1 to get in. The fans and the cars will return over time. The Mag is doing random races and is shooting its self in the foot loosing fans and cars in certain classes, I guess thinking the Bull Ring would pick it up every other weekend. Can't run a business half a$$ doing trial and error. What are your cars? What are your fans? Then work from there with a business plan. NAS is a local track doing good, no Supers this year? Running them every other weekend like NAS did then changing the dates on the drivers who scheduled other races in between screwed everything up for the Super Series, then the rules to profit a local dealer, and paying only the first 5 finishers, dumb-a$$ stupid. So no Supers looks like according to the schedule for this year. No daytime shows! Heat kills. Look at TST, they are doing everything mostly right but needs to advertise more. Look at Sand Mountain, nice fan base. As LMM stated, work around NAS or TST doing what they are doing to pull from them on Fridays.
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we all should be political correct and not speak the truth, thus live in a false fake world of closing tracks? Good and bad feedback is needed where a poor business promoter is killing a track!
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

North Alabama, very good and straight shooting viewpoints. It (Moulton) would as you said somebody to come in and get their a$$es handed to them wallet wise and build it back up. It would take some pocket to do it.

LMM
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So now Moulton is going to run non weekly for small local cars and family members only, with no distant traveling fans, due to no 604s nor Supers. A good cheap way to start, be local and milk the drivers and their members for cash to run the track, it is called "support group". One problem, running only 1 race per month? Track closure likely because drivers are not going to invest in their cars for that. They will go somewhere else so they can run weekly like Fort Payne, ECM, Thunder Hill, TST or NAS.
Doc88D

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just call it what it is... "Club Racing".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: