midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Moulton...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthAlabama

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject: Moulton... Reply with quote

With around 94 cars and a good crowd, 22 602s and about a dozen 604s, there were some good racing and a lot of wrecker work esp in the 602s which took a long time before the main race got under way with so many wrecks. The word was from the pits that there were 4 SLMs but one loaded and left early (212). There were to be SLM hot laps, none, to be SLM time trials, none, then no word on the SLMs, and no SLMs seen. Hope this is not the future because I will not pay $12 with no SLMs, where is our $2 refund? Moulton broke it's ideal tradition again by not giving the 604 Crates 2 full laps of time trials. Let me explain. Both trials are given to each driver to better his best, but when you ramp on the track past turn 4, trying to get up to speed before the start line, which you can't, the first time trial is a dud. In the past, a driver on his 2nd time trial on the back straight away was the key to let the next driver to enter behind him, onto the track past turn 2 from the infield allowing a 1/2 of a track to get up to speed and on line for his first time trial, thus, 2 full time trials for each driver. This new Moulton manager has determined to cut time and thinks this new way saves time. Now he states that drivers will only get 1 time trial starting at the start line, how is that going to work? He made no sense with BEEEEEEEEP liners which were BEEEEEEEEP lines. Maybe he was having a bad night. Moulton's 604 drivers need to speak up to get their 2 fair time trials, not with the first slow time trial, then the second one that counts.
Doc88D

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its the same for the entire field I see no problem with it. The supers were told with only 4 the payout had to be reduced. The 212 loaded and left. The others still chose not to race. I've said it a hundred times when people say they want to see weekly supers. There aren't any supers left in this area for a weekly show. With the costs to compete rising so rapidly and the payouts remaining the same as they were in the 80's, many of the former supers are now racing crates. I predict the crate teams will soon start thinning as well. Again, the weekly pay out is not very strong through the field. The promoters cant afford a strong payout unless they get a strong gate count at the front gate as well as the back gate. I don't know the answers to fix the problems. But our sport is hurting... One answer I've seen in the midwest is to sell headline sponsorship's for each division to businesses in exchange for the cost of the top 5 payout. Example... The "Walmart" modifieds will pay $1000 to win with $100 to start. Walmart pays the track enough to cover the top 3-5 spots. The track makes up the rest of purse... (again, that was just an example. substitute Walmart for any other company)
Dawson0610

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't think he should of cut supers completely out of the program just yet, I mean he had 10 the first week and 8 the next. I know those aren't great car counts but its a start for sure. With all the rain in the area last Friday I can see some drivers wanting to stay home. I still think there is enough supers in the area to have a good show, especially if some of the middle Tennessee boys come down. Hope he gives supers another chance as the summer rolls around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: