midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

What is the Racing Community going to do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Go4&DoNoHarm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject: What is the Racing Community going to do? Reply with quote

Does Anyone have the Solution to the Question: Why are Track Management Team's Insistence on keeping Employee's, Volunteer's, and Race Team's, at their Facilities more than 4 hours for a Race??
3 wide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know it's a mystery to me 90 percent of the race tracks that are out of business are out of business because they wanted to race all night look at last night it was almost 6 hrs since the drivers meeting at north Georgia if they want to run all night they could at least run the supers first.
3 wide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know it's a mystery to me 90 percent of the race tracks that are out of business are out of business because they wanted to race all night look at last night it was almost 6 hrs since the drivers meeting at north Georgia if they want to run all night they could at least run the supers first.
Go4&DoNoHarm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to Treat people the way I want to be Treated. It is quite Apparent that these Track's don't or Won't take in account the amount of Travel Time spent by the Majority of Everyone that comes to their race event's. I would guess that 90% of people spend over 1 hour round trip to attend each Race event. That is why I brought this topic to light.
3 wide

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I drive between 1 an 3 hrs every time I go to the race track I have been going to races for 50 years but the last couple of years I feel like I'm working when I go to the races cause I know I'm going to be there 6 or 7 hours or longer.
Go4&DoNoHarm

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, We All are in this together.
JoeDirt

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racing teams and track crews are one thing, racing fans are quite another. One of the things I like about Devils Bowl is that they start at 8 p.m. and sometimes are over at 11 p.m. They rarely go past midnight. They also don't run 9 classes, they are rarely running more than 4 classes. The rest of these tracks run 8 or 9 classes, drag the show out, and I have no intention whatsoever of sitting through that much when I only care about 1 class.
Late_Model_Mark

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At Talladega where I announce, a typical race day goes like this.

*Track Workers*
Our track owner and our full time track employee and track prep guy get their early on a Saturday. After track work or maybe just watering to get and keep things moist, our track prep guy will hop on the grader and cut or shape the track. That task can take a few hours. Then our track owner, or race director. or track prep guy will water all day and then maybe sheep foot the track until hot laps.

If our pit gate opens at 3:00pm or 5, concession folks especially the concessions in the pits and ticket booth folks come about an hour earlier than the gate opening. They must get money for change, tickets and or wristbands to be ready for the racers. The 2 pit concessions must be ready at gate opening times. The main concession stand that supplies the pits must be ready to supply food for the pits first.

Then at 5:00pm. the main gates for the fans must be ready, the ladies need to get change and wristbands, so the y arrive about 30 min. before opening. At that point the other track workers such as corner workers, wrecker drivers and the ambulance will arrive. I arrive normally at 5:30 to be ready to go live at 6 on the dot.

At this point everything is opening and we are ready to go. Drivers meeting is at 6:30 and hot laps are at 7:00.

*The fans*
Some of our regulars arrive when the gates open, but a vast majority arrive between 7:00 and 8:00. Our programs are run quite efficiently in my view as we hot lap all 7 classes, time in the Supers, run heat races for 5 classes, then main events and we are usually done between 10:30 and 11:00.

*After the show*
All track workers finish their specific duties, the concessions need to be cleaned and buttoned up,equipment put away, track workers and ambulance paid then there is much office work done. Lights need to be shutdown and the track secured for the night. Then the clean up of the facility is done on Sunday, picking up trash, then general clean up. Inventory for the concessions must be done and so on. Takes a lot of man hours.

*The fans part 2*
With most fans they are at the track from usually 7 until the show ends between 10:30 and 11:00. Some (very few) leave after the Supers that runs 3rd on the feature list, those fans can get going around 9:45 or 10:00. Very decent for a 7 division show.

*The racers*
Some get there at 3, others may arrive as late at 7:00, their choice, they are not held hostage as they arrive when they like and usually bail shortly after they run.

So normally we do not run 5, 6, or 7 hour weekly shows. In my view TST has the best run weekly shows while on the clock.

Late Model Mark
TST Announcer
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, let's have the track workers and cars arrive 5 minutes before race time and see how big of a fuster cluck you would have on your hands.

Takes a lot of prep time to get thing organized for a night of racing. So track workers must arrive hours before the first fan arrives. Cars need to be at the track early because they need to do their prep work, help roll in the track and get the pill draw in.

PR director for the Express was on the radio this week and on game day he and his team arrive 6 hours before kick off. The teams arrive hours before kick off, concession workers and ticket takes arrive hours before kick off.

Four hours is not a long time to be at the track on race day. Seems we have too many people spoiled these days looking for instant gratification in everything.
racingnut35

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that is not being mentioned is the proper track prep. I definetely know that weather plays a huge role but there are some tracks that just don't know what they're doing in prepping a track and track being too slick or having ruts which we all know causes cautions and therefore slowing down the show. The other which I beat the deadhorse on is too many classes!!! I cannot fathom why track owners want to have so many. Last but not least is when they announce for the drivers to be ready for their race that if they are not ready then they do not get to run. Period. Cars should be lined up and ready to go when the prior race is over with. This isn't hard to do.
Go4&DoNoHarm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Shame that these People don't Comprehend the amount of Time race Teams spend getting the "Racecar's" ready to race each week. Not to mention most people work Fulltime jobs weekly. And the amount of Travel time spent coming to and from your Race Track's.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe RIS has blown an opportunity.

RIS had a chance for years to go after youth groups from area churches but failed to do so.

From what I saw tonight 901 FC is really pushing their outreach to these groups.

I remember the Rogues really went after these youth groups and drew 8,000-9,000 with a lot of groups attending.

Church groups really should have been a focus for RIS and other tracks should really push to attract these groups in their areas.
Go4&DoNoHarm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: