midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Remember This Guy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keith Stone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Remember This Guy Reply with quote

https://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/politics/tapper-gruber/index.html

Key quotes from Jonathan Gruber in 2010 concerning the ACA:

"exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter," taking advantage of voters' "stupidity" to create a law that would ultimately be good for them."

In this fourth video, Gruber's language is not as stark as in three previous instances, but his suggestion that Obamacare proponents engaged in less-than-honest salesmanship remains.

"Gruber said the measures in the bill that attempt to lower costs constitute a "spaghetti approach" -- throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. And while preferable to the status quo, Gruber said he could offer no guarantee that any of the measures would work."

And the Left wants us to just fall in line and trust them to take over every aspect of our lives.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember This Guy Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

"exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter," taking advantage of voters' "stupidity" to create a law that would ultimately be good for them."

In this fourth video, Gruber's language is not as stark as in three previous instances, but his suggestion that Obamacare proponents engaged in less-than-honest salesmanship remains.

"Gruber said the measures in the bill that attempt to lower costs constitute a "spaghetti approach" -- throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. And while preferable to the status quo, Gruber said he could offer no guarantee that any of the measures would work."

And the Left wants us to just fall in line and trust them to take over every aspect of our lives.

Still waiting for your explanation on how free market healthcare deals with preexisting conditions, the un/underinsured, caps, and insurance companies throwing people off of their plans.
Keith Stone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember This Guy Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

Still waiting for your explanation on how free market healthcare deals with preexisting conditions, the un/underinsured, caps, and insurance companies throwing people off of their plans.

Nice try.....I've already addressed those questions, but you didn't like the answer. You never answered how much medicare for all would cost and how much our taxes should go up to pay for it.

Would you be okay with the govt taking 70% of your income? Or 90%?

Gives us some of your insight into why Mr. Gruber made the statements he made......since you are a lap dog for govt run healthcare.
STRONGERTHANDIRT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember This Guy Reply with quote

[quote="PV=nRT"][quote="NeverTrustAMidget"]https://www.cnn.com/2014/11/13/politics/tapper-gruber/index.html

"[i]exploitation of the lack of economic understanding of the American voter," taking advantage of voters' "stupidity" to create a law that would ultimately be good for them."
[/i]

[i]In this fourth video, Gruber's language is not as stark as in three previous instances, but his suggestion that Obamacare proponents engaged in less-than-honest salesmanship remains.
[/i]
"[i]Gruber said the measures in the bill that attempt to lower costs constitute a "spaghetti approach" -- throwing everything against the wall to see what sticks. And while preferable to the status quo, Gruber said he could offer no guarantee that any of the measures would work."

[/i]And the Left wants us to just fall in line and trust them to take over every aspect of our lives.[/quote]

Still waiting for your explanation on how free market healthcare deals with preexisting conditions, the un/underinsured, caps, and insurance companies throwing people off of their plans.[/quote] Says the guy who is always whining about the debt. But hey, what's another 32 trillion? Rolling Eyes
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember This Guy Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
.....I've already addressed those questions,

No you have not. When you answer my questions, I'll answer yours.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember This Guy Reply with quote

STRONGERTHANDIRT wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

Says the guy who is always whining about the debt. But hey, what's another 32 trillion? Rolling Eyes

Would you like to help "them" out with the free market solution cause they are really sucking at coming up with some answers.
Keith Stone

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember This Guy Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

I can't help it you are too lazy to go back and look where I addressed that......you really are having a hard time defending your liberal talking points.

Remember a few weeks ago when we were discussing economics and all you could say is "I am correct".....I am correct is not a counter argument.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Remember This Guy Reply with quote

Keith Stone wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

I can't help it you are too lazy to go back and look where I addressed that......you really are having a hard time defending your liberal talking points.

Remember a few weeks ago when we were discussing economics and all you could say is "I am correct".....I am correct is not a counter argument.

JamieHall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to laugh at the fact that the post titled "Remember This Guy" highlights a link from 5 years ago.

Maybe the post should be titled "Nobody Remembers This Guy."
Keith Stone

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
Had to laugh at the fact that the post titled "Remember This Guy" highlights a link from 5 years ago.

Maybe the post should be titled "Nobody Remembers This Guy."

I'm glad you took the time to read it........So you're defending the way this bill was passed and what politicians think of the people they are elected to serve?
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kieth Stone, you know you've won the debate when they start throwing up memes and pervert does it all the time...
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
you know you've won the debate when they start throwing up memes ...

How so?
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

How so?

Figure it out dipstick...
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

How so?

Figure it out dipstick...

As usual, you have no response. Enjoy that cup of STFU. LOL.
JamieHall

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Stone wrote:
So you're defending the way this bill was passed and what politicians think of the people they are elected to serve?

The way it was passed? As I recall, it was passed by a majority vote in the Senate and the House and then signed by the president. Please point out the irregularity in that process.

As for what politicians think of the people they are elected to serve: The guy your 2014 article focused on is an MIT economist -- not an elected position -- so you've failed in your attempt to change the narrative.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: