midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 
 

Physical barriers. Porkchop, Jamie, PV, Psycho
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
JamieHall



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 4642
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith Stone wrote:
Why did you delete your post Jamie?


Because I've pretty much given up trying to educate most of you folks. It's exhausting and not worth the effort.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3341
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
Keith Stone wrote:
Why did you delete your post Jamie?


Because I've pretty much given up trying to educate most of you folks. It's exhausting and not worth the effort.


What the heck does that have to do with you deleting your post?
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 4393

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excavator wrote:
JamieHall wrote:
Keith Stone wrote:
Why did you delete your post Jamie?


Because I've pretty much given up trying to educate most of you folks. It's exhausting and not worth the effort.


What the heck does that have to do with you deleting your post?


Are you going to give us your "numerous supporting links" or not?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3341
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
Excavator wrote:
JamieHall wrote:
Keith Stone wrote:
Why did you delete your post Jamie?


Because I've pretty much given up trying to educate most of you folks. It's exhausting and not worth the effort.


What the heck does that have to do with you deleting your post?


Are you going to give us your "numerous supporting links" or not?


Here, read this one first.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-won-the-night-schumer-and-pelosi-lost/2019/01/08/890ce9d8-13bd-11e9-b6ad-9cfd62dbb0a8_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8d4c60a64e8a
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3341
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/chuck-schumer-fence-border-more-secure/

Schumer
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3341
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://newspunch.com/obama-and-clinton-voted-for-a-us-mexico-border-wall-in-2006/

Obama & Clinton
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3341
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/109-2006/s262

http://www.ontheissues.org/SenateVote/Party_2006-262.htm

What happened? What changed?
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3341
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
I'll save you the trouble.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/23/mick-mulvaney/fact-check-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/


Hilarious. Fake news. Top democrats DID vote for HR 6061. Yep, a barrier to keep illegals out. Were your beloved democrats racist back then like Trump is now? Got anything else?
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamieHall



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 4642
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this wall has been such a priority for you people, why didn't Don and his dipshites get it done when he had a Republican House and Republican Senate for two years? He thinks libs are going to help him when his own party wouldn't?

Seriously, you folks elected the worst negotiator and possibly the dumbest president we've had in modern history. The "very stable genius" is truly a buffoon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 4393

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excavator wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
I'll save you the trouble.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/23/mick-mulvaney/fact-check-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/


Hilarious. Fake news. Top democrats DID vote for HR 6061. Yep, a barrier to keep illegals out. Were your beloved democrats racist back then like Trump is now? Got anything else?


You keep going to the secure fence act. Trump has called that fence "nothing". So unless you are calling Trump a liar, the democrats supported a "nothing wall". You lose again, unless you can show where "all" democrats support the American taxpayer paying for "a big. beautiful" and "impenetrable wall" from "sea to shining sea". I'll wait.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamieHall



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 4642
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of this misses the underlying point anyway: Trump vowed, in writing, that Mexico would make a one-time payment between $5 billion and $10 billion to pay for his wall. He said this would happen immediately after he took office.

Now he wants American taxpayers to fund it because he's a failed negotiator who can't keep his promises. I truly feel pity for those gullible few who fall for his con act.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3341
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
Excavator wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
I'll save you the trouble.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/apr/23/mick-mulvaney/fact-check-did-top-democrats-vote-border-wall-2006/


Hilarious. Fake news. Top democrats DID vote for HR 6061. Yep, a barrier to keep illegals out. Were your beloved democrats racist back then like Trump is now? Got anything else?


You keep going to the secure fence act. Trump has called that fence "nothing". So unless you are calling Trump a liar, the democrats supported a "nothing wall". You lose again, unless you can show where "all" democrats support the American taxpayer paying for "a big. beautiful" and "impenetrable wall" from "sea to shining sea". I'll wait.


What ever dude. The truth is that democrats, and republicans both have totally failed on immigration and border security for many years now. President Trump is trying do what should have been done a long time ago. I hope he is successful. A wall is a barrier as is a fence. Both are meant to keep illegal immigrants, drugs & sex traffickers out. What we have now is insufficient. I'll bet you lock all your doors tonight before going to sleep.
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3341
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
All of this misses the underlying point anyway: Trump vowed, in writing, that Mexico would make a one-time payment between $5 billion and $10 billion to pay for his wall. He said this would happen immediately after he took office.

Now he wants American taxpayers to fund it because he's a failed negotiator who can't keep his promises. I truly feel pity for those gullible few who fall for his con act.


Blah, blah, blah. The new trade deal with Mexico will pay for the wall plus much more. Thank you, Mr. President. Thank you, Mexico.

We can send 155B to foreign countries for their security, but we can't spend 5B for our own security? That seem right to you?
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamieHall



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 4642
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excavator wrote:
The new trade deal with Mexico will pay for the wall plus much more.


As an intelligent adult, you know that's not true, because it's not possible. First, the trade deal with Mexico still has to be approved by Congress, where Repubs and Dems both have criticized the deal for their own reasons -- not a good sign that it will pass without major concessions. It also still has to be approved by legislatures in Canada and Mexico.

If all that happens in the next few months, it wouldn't go into effect until 2020 -- or later. And if it does go into effect, the money saved does not go to the US Treasury. Yet this president wants to take $5.7 billion of taxpayer money from the US Treasury to pay for his wall.

So in no way, shape or form would a new trade deal possibly pay for ANY government project. It's not realistically possible, no matter how many times Trump keeps saying it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
STRONGERTHANDIRT



Joined: 18 Aug 2018
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck & Nancy have Trump's not here big boy in a wringer. He might as well realize the wall is toast. Couple that with shutdown which is getting him a lot of heat right now, this battle is over and he lost. Hopefully, he will be smart enough not to declare a national emergency. That could be very detrimental to the country in coming years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group