midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Track Closures 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
racingnut35

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late_Model_Mark wrote:
What raised my eybrows racingnut 35 was your statement.

You posted, we can all state the fact that SLM running at "ANY" track is a thing of the past, correct right? Just my view, but that assessment is not correct.

Of course there is no denial that the numbers have dwindled dramatically in the last 15 years.

However, I say, do some homework before you state an absolute. There still some areas that run 'em. In my brief 54 years of racing that has given me so much joy thru out this country, I, we, us, have seen the changes.

Sorry you misunderstood my post. Maybe I worded it wrong for your liking.
However, even you have to agree that weekly slm racing at MOST all tracks IS a thing of the past. I for one hate it but I can say that here in MS that I dont know personally of one single track that does run them weekly. I can say that at one time most all of the MS tracks did. I do understand why they don't though. As far as crate models, I don't care for them. Yes on a dry slick track they run nearly as fast or as fast as the slm because they don't spin tires as much due to less hp but they sound just like a street stock motor. I love hearing a 900 hp slm turning high rpms but thats just me. And yes I know while they are turning all those rpms and not hooking sounds like a waist of money on a high dollar motor they just sound awesome. Part of the intrigue of racing is the sound of a healthy engine. One day everything will be electric and that's will I will be done with racing no matter how fast an electric car is. Just my two cents. e to TST sometime on me and we will show you how we roll and survive bucking the trend.

Late Model Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: