midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Dale McDowell Surges to Runner-Up Finish in the Dream

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Dale McDowell Surges to Runner-Up Finish in the Dream Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 12, 2018

Dale McDowell Surges to Runner-Up Finish in the Dirt Late Model Dream
USA 100 at Virginia Motor Speedway Up Next

Mooresburg, Tennessee (06/12/18 ) –Dale McDowell enjoyed a great weekend at the 24th annual Dirt Late Model Dream behind the wheel of his Shane McDowell Racing #17m New Era Industrial/ Will Kinzer Foundation/ Sweet-Bloomquist Chassis/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

While the Georgia native came up one spot short in his bid for a second title in the crown jewel event, he was quite pleased with his team’s performance.

“Early in the race I got into a little bit of a skirmish there on one of the restarts and I fell back and lost five or six positions but once I got to second I couldn’t see Scott (Bloomquist). He was out there cruising it looked like, but we were all there racing like crazy for second,” McDowell said. “We were just a little off from where we needed to be to able to contend for the win, but we’re still learning these new Sweet Bloomquist cars and getting better and better with them each time out. I want to again thank my team and everyone, who supports this program.”

After losing Thursday night’s opener to Mother Nature, Shane McDowell Racing and Dale McDowell invaded Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) on Friday for the 24th annual Dirt Late Model Dream. In a field of 78 Super Late Models, McDowell timed in ninth-fastest in qualifying before advancing one spot in his heat race to place in the runner-up spot behind Jon Henry.

Earning the seventh-starting position for the $5,000-to-win preliminary feature, Dale gained two spots to notch a fifth-place finish behind Darrell Lanigan, Jimmy Owens, Scott Bloomquist, and Jared Landers.

Later Friday night after enduring another rain delay, the team entered a $10,000-to-win program. McDowell earned the outside-front-row starting spot for his heat race via his qualifying effort. Unfortunately, he was collected in a wreck on the opening lap of his heat race, dropping him to the tail. From the back of the pack Dale rebounded to land a fifth-place finish, which positioned him 17th on the starting grid for the final preliminary feature.

With $10,000 on the line, Dale McDowell streaked through the field 14 spots in the 25-lap affair to finish third behind Earl Pearson Jr. and Jonathan Davenport with Don O’Neal and Tim McCreadie completing the Top-5 finishers.

Wrapping up the 24th annual Dirt Late Model Dream on Saturday evening, Dale locked into the $100,000-to-win finale with a third-place finish in his heat race. Rolling off 16th, McDowell passed 14 cars in the 100-lapper to finish in the runner-up slot behind Scott Bloomquist with Jonathan Davenport, Bobby Pierce, and Chris Madden rounding out the Top-5.

Full results from these events are available at www.EldoraSpeedway.com .

This Saturday the team will trek northeast to the Old Dominion State to compete in the 42nd annual USA 100 at Bill Sawyer’s Virginia Motor Speedway (Jamaica, Virginia). The $20,000-to-win program will be sanctioned by the Ultimate Super Late Model Series.

For more information on the event, please visit www.UltimateSupers.com .

Shane McDowell Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors and marketing partners including Textron Off Road, Kinzer Drilling, Quality Natural Gas, New Era Industrial, C&S Transportation, Cometic Gaskets, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Will Kinzer Foundation, Sweet-Bloomquist Race Cars, Clements Race Engines-Chevrolet, FK Rod Ends, Go Lithium, Penske Shocks, Schoenfeld Headers, Keyser Manufacturing, TWM, All Star Performance, Performance Bodies, Five-Star Bodies, Hoosier Tire, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Racing Wheels, Butlerbuilt Seats, DMI Racing Products, Jones Racing Products, Safecraft Safety Equipment, Art’s Radiator & Welding, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Dyers Top Rods, QuickCar, PEM Racing, Walker Filterations, DeCal Design, Mark IV ATV's, Winters Rearends, QuarterMaster, Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Shane McDowell Racing please visit www.ShaneMcDowellRacing.com .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: