midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

BREAKING NEWS 7-2 is now narrow SCOTUS vote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject: BREAKING NEWS 7-2 is now narrow SCOTUS vote Reply with quote

Even two liberal justices sided with the majority on this one giving a win to Christian bakers over homosexual activist.

But that did not prevent AOL/HuffPo from leading with the line SCOTUS give NARROW victory to Christian bakers. Overturning the ruling by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission.

The 7 justices ruled that the commissions decision violated the baker's 1st amendment rights.
JamieHall

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The headline was poorly worded and confusing, but the victory itself would be "narrow" in the sense that it didn't actually rule on whether religion can be used for exemptions from existing law. It ruled on how Colorado handled this specific case.

The ruling specifically says that the state's commission "was inconsistent with the First Amendmentís guarantee that our laws be applied in a manner that is neutral toward religion."

The court made it a point to NOT specify that a business can use religion to deny service to you:

"The outcome of cases like this in other circumstances must await further elaboration in the courts, all in the context of recognizing that these disputes must be resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs, and without subjecting gay persons to indignities when they seek goods and services in an open market."
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
The headline was poorly worded and confusing, but the victory itself would be "narrow" in the sense that it didn't actually rule on whether religion can be used for exemptions from existing law. It ruled on how Colorado handled this specific case.

The ruling specifically says that the state's commission "was inconsistent with the First Amendmentís guarantee that our laws be applied in a manner that is neutral toward religion."

The court made it a point to NOT specify that a business can use religion to deny service to you:

"The outcome of cases like this in other circumstances must await further elaboration in the courts, all in the context of recognizing that these disputes must be resolved with tolerance, without undue disrespect to sincere religious beliefs, and without subjecting gay persons to indignities when they seek goods and services in an open market."

The Hobby Lobby case had already set that precedent. Ruling companies have the right to opt out if it violated their religious beliefs.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for the SCOTUS....

I see the Mexican and the dead lady were the two that voted against.... the two Trump h8trs.... oddly enough, Trump had nothing to do with this, but he'll get the blame sooner of later from the libs....LOL I could be wrong, but I doubt it...

I went through a similar deal years ago when I worked as a manager at a pizza joint... a gal came in and wanted a large Peperoni Pizza and she wanted the pepperonis aligned in the form of a swastika Ö. I told her no, she threated to call the cops, I offered her the use of our phone to do it and she promptly left.... never heard another word.... now, would it have harmed me? No... but I just didn't like it.... heck, the Mexican cook probably wouldn't even have known how to make one...
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned and operated 4 businesses in my life. Did I have homosexual customers or employees? I never asked any of them about their sexual orientations. But even if they had told me or made it obvious I would not have penalized them in any way. Those that do that are very much idiots in the business points of view. If restricting sexual orientation is your mark then I would presume you have other insane marks as well. I LOL at issues like this.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: