midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

And you wonder why....
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchop

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trey Gowdy: FBI’s use of informant in Trump campaign was proper

Rep. Trey Gowdy said Tuesday night that the FBI acted properly in its use of an informant in President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign.

The South Carolina Republican’s comments came in stark contrast to Trump’s public assertions, lacking any basis in facts, that the FBI planted “spies” in his campaign as a politically motivated dirty trick.

Speaking on Fox News’ “The Story,” the South Carolina Republican said last week’s classified briefing by the Justice Department convinced him even more that federal investigators were doing their job.

“I am even more convinced that the FBI did exactly what my fellow citizens would want them to do when they got the information they got, and that it has nothing to do with Donald Trump.”
Rep. Trey Gowdy
Gowdy said the classified report showed that the FBI was investigating reports of election-meddling by Russia, and attempts by Russians to infiltrate Trump’s campaign.

“It looks to me like the FBI was doing what President Trump said: ‘I want you to do, find it out,’” Gowdy said. “President Trump himself in the Comey memos said, ‘If anyone connected with my campaign was working with Russia, I want you to investigate it.’ Sounds to me like that was exactly what the FBI did.”

Gowdy, the chairman of the House Oversight Committee, also said the FBI director and deputy attorney general told lawmakers that Trump was not the target of the investigation.

“Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein have at least made it clear to us Donald Trump was never the target of the investigation, he’s not the current target of the investigation. Now, keep in mind, that can all change depending on what a witness says, but as of now, I think Chris Wray and Rod Rosenstein are stunned whenever people think Trump is the target of their investigation,” Gowdy said.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trey-gowdy-fbis-use-of-informant-in-trump-campaign-was-proper-2018-05-29
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alleged charges include collusion, obstruction and now conspiracy. Understanding that the lil' djt understands this it's only to be expected that he would attempt to somehow diminish the investigations and the investigators as somehow faulty in their work. That may work for the few supporters that still believe in him. He has insulted our military, our Generals, our FBI and our CIA and about everyone that he considers not in lockstep with his rather juvenile agendas. Like everyone, I am anxious for the investigations to end but I don't want them to end one minute before SC Mueller has completed his work. I predict in the next few months that we'll all learn a lot more about the collusion, obstruction and conspiracies that are making headlines in all of the media right now. You have to be blind and absolutely out of your mind to ignore the snippets that we are getting on these issues. Please. CARRY ON.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
JamieHall

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This issue continues to lose traction. Trump keeps whining, but the only people who care are his base, and even they don't care much. Napolitano on Fox News says it's a nothing story. Even Rudy had to admit there's nothing to it. Now Gowdy says it's nothing.

This will go about as far as that Seth Rich story. By the way, how did that "scandal" work out? Rolling Eyes
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree with Gowdy but for one or two points, James Clapper has given 4 different accounts of what was going on and also stated that he was "proud" that they had a "spy" in the Trump delegation... AND if they would have informed the candidate that they were there snooping around.... minus those two things, there spying.... so, I disagree with ole Tray whom I generally like... oh, and this isn't the first time either, I disagreed when Gowdy was in favor of Mueller, Gowdy since admitted he was wrong, could happen again...
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any reasonable person with just a clue as to how investigations are done have to admit that the FBI and others have been totally in accordance with long held instructions as to how to perform their duties as investigators. The lil' djt told the justice department what he expected from them. Guess what? He got his wishes exactly as he put them forth to the investigators. Why is he now whining about it?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: