midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Dustin Strand Starts 2018 Late Model Season with Speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ben Shelton
Short Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Dustin Strand Starts 2018 Late Model Season with Speed Reply with quote

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 16, 2018

Dustin Strand​ Starts 2018 Late Model Season with Speed
NLRA Double Dip Scheduled for This Weekend

Grand Forks, North Dakota (05/16/1Cool – Until last weekend it had been almost four months since Dustin Strand had raced. He kicked off his 2018 season in early January in his Modified under the Arizona sun during the Wild West Shootout

A relentless winter finally subsided in his home area over the past few weeks, which allowed Dustin to pilot his RHRSwag.com #71 Keewatin Truck Service/ Millenium Chassis Late Model for the first time in 2018 over the weekend.

The North Dakota racer would get a mixed bag of results, but one thing was for sure – he was starting the season with speed.

“The car was really good on Friday night, but the driver was a little rusty,” Strand laughed. “On Saturday night things got a bit wild. We were fast again, and I was going for the lead coming to the checkered flag, when contact from the leader sent me into the wall a hundred or so feet from the flag stand. It was a disappointing way to end the night, but the good news was that we were once again really fast.

“I want to thank everyone who supports my racing program. I couldn’t be more excited about this season.”

On Friday night Dustin Strand traveled to River Cities Speedway​ (Grand Forks, North Dakota), where he was piloting the Q&Z Plumbing & Heating #71 Super Late Model for the first time in 2018.

Advancing two spots in his heat race, Strand recorded a third-place finish, which positioned him on the pole for the feature. Dropping one spot in the 20-lap affair, Dustin scored a runner-up finish behind Ricky Weiss with Billy Mooney, Mike Balcaen, and Ryan Corbett completing the Top-5 finishers.

The following night at Devils Lake Speedway​ (Lakota, North Dakota), Dustin passed four cars in his heat race to place second behind Lance Schill. Earning the fifth-starting position for the A-Main, Strand slowly worked his way to the forward in the pack.

In the closing laps he was battling Ricky Weiss for the lead, and in the final corner of the last lap he and the leader made contact, which sent Dustin into the wall. He was eventually disqualified from the 20-lapper for exiting his car while still on the track.

For more information from these events, please visit www.RiverCitiesSpeedway.com. and www.DLSpeedwaytest.weebly.com .

This weekend Dustin will return to River Cities Speedway and Devil’s Lake Speedway, where he’ll compete in a pair of Northern Late Model Racing Association​ (NLRA) events.

For more information on the weekend, please visit www.NLRA.org .

Dustin Strand would like to thank all of his sponsors including RHRSwag.com, RHR Brew, Q&Z Plumbing & Heating, Keewatin Truck Service, Naastad Acres, Anderson Brothers Body Shop, Newgard Insurance, McCaughen Builders, Generations Salon & Spa, Bemidji Welders Supply, RH Rebel Storage, Ben Adams Racing Engines, Forest Flying Service, Altru’s Sports Advantage powered by EXOS, Parallel Technologies Inc., Troy Pecka Trucking, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Dustin Strand, please visit his official internet home at www.StrandRacing.com .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: