midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 
 

About those tax cuts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3365

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: About those tax cuts Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/EF9E1DE8-25F7-11E8-A904-04E2CBA007F7

Does anyone remember when conservatives used to complain about passing debt on to our grandkids? What has changed?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverTrustAMidget



Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 13036

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang those evil republican increasing spending on hurricane related expenditures.
_________________
,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3365

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Dang those evil republican increasing spending on hurricane related expenditures.


Lol. Midge cherry picking trying to shape a phony narrative. I'll highlight in red ink the very important details you left out.

Quote:
What happened: Revenues were down 9% in February from same month last year. Withholding taxes were 2% lower, the Treasury Department report said. Spending was $7 billion more than in the same period a year ago. Outlays for net interest on the public debt increased by 9% to $28 billion. The rise in spending was led by gains in military spending and for the aftermath of last years’ hurricanes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3133

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One month? Sure would hate to base my annual budget off of one month........
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10549
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump is on a roll, already 65% of his agenda that he promised is complete, according to the Heritage Foundation... President Trump is humming along famously... Starting to get in the grove, firing those that didn't like his agenda and getting people in that will support him... you know, like B-Rock Odummer did, and every other president on the planet...
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3365

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
One month? Sure would hate to base my annual budget off of one month........


Quote:
Big picture: The decrease in withholding during the month is the earliest sign of the effect of the Trump tax cut, analysts said. March could show an even steeper drop. Economists say the changes in taxes and increased federal spending are likely to boost growth in 2018 and into 2019, but the trend is toward a larger deficit. The Trump White House has forecast a $833 billion budget deficit for this year that ends Sept. 30, up from $666 billion in the prior year. Analysts think the deficit could be higher. The Congressional Budget Office is set to release its latest estimate on April 9.


I know, you don't like the projections, so they must be fake. However.com, the National debt has grown 1 trillion so far under Trump (fact), and this is with an economy that is on the top end of the business cycle. This is when you are suppose to be enjoying a surplus so you can compensate for the eventual recession. But now, we are running a huge deficit when times are good, and we will have an even larger deficit when times are bad. I'm not seeing the financial genius in this. What says you?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3133

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
One month? Sure would hate to base my annual budget off of one month........


Quote:
Big picture: The decrease in withholding during the month is the earliest sign of the effect of the Trump tax cut, analysts said. March could show an even steeper drop. Economists say the changes in taxes and increased federal spending are likely to boost growth in 2018 and into 2019, but the trend is toward a larger deficit. The Trump White House has forecast a $833 billion budget deficit for this year that ends Sept. 30, up from $666 billion in the prior year. Analysts think the deficit could be higher. The Congressional Budget Office is set to release its latest estimate on April 9.


I know, you don't like the projections, so they must be fake. However.com, the National debt has grown 1 trillion so far under Trump (fact), and this is with an economy that is on the top end of the business cycle. This is when you are suppose to be enjoying a surplus so you can compensate for the eventual recession. But now, we are running a huge deficit when times are good, and we will have an even larger deficit when times are bad. I'm not seeing the financial genius in this. What says you?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/


I never said it was fake news. Sure, our debt has grown larger and it’s gonna get even bigger with the infrastructure bill coming up. The man still has 7 more years to go. Let’s wait and see if he can add 8–10 trillion to the debt like the last president, ok?
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10549
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Trump is kind of a piker at this debt thing... Odummer, now there was a master!!!!!
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11784

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Rock put 2 wars on the budget that gwb and cheney were hiding behind uncertain contingencies. Why is it that so many rightwingnuts fail to understand those FACTS???????

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10549
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
B-Rock put 2 wars on the budget that gwb and cheney were hiding behind uncertain contingencies. Why is it that so many rightwingnuts fail to understand those FACTS???????

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


LOL facts, what the he!! would you know about facts.... by your answer, nothing.....
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11784

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to say that President B-Rock didn't reverse the bush/cheney policy of keeping the expenses of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan hidden and off the books, crapslinger? And you say anything at all about any failure by me to not educate myself on the facts? Have I told you lately that I consider you to be a total idiot, crapslinger, and you prove it more every time you post your nonsense?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10549
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
Are you trying to say that President B-Rock didn't reverse the bush/cheney policy of keeping the expenses of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan hidden and off the books, crapslinger? And you say anything at all about any failure by me to not educate myself on the facts? Have I told you lately that I consider you to be a total idiot, crapslinger, and you prove it more every time you post your nonsense?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


What I'm saying is Odummer did the same thing to the military that about every Democrat does, he decimated it.... and then brags on his great job....FOOL
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverTrustAMidget



Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 13036

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Dang those evil republican increasing spending on hurricane related expenditures.


Lol. Midge cherry picking trying to shape a phony narrative. I'll highlight in red ink the very important details you left out.

Quote:
What happened: Revenues were down 9% in February from same month last year. Withholding taxes were 2% lower, the Treasury Department report said. Spending was $7 billion more than in the same period a year ago. Outlays for net interest on the public debt increased by 9% to $28 billion. The rise in spending was led by gains in military spending and for the aftermath of last years’ hurricanes.


Yea, but based on the amount of the tax rate cuts if you used the static model then the decrease should have been even more. The fact that the economy had started to respond in just a month shows what the future holds.
_________________
,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverTrustAMidget



Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 13036

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
PsychoTrack wrote:
Are you trying to say that President B-Rock didn't reverse the bush/cheney policy of keeping the expenses of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan hidden and off the books, crapslinger? And you say anything at all about any failure by me to not educate myself on the facts? Have I told you lately that I consider you to be a total idiot, crapslinger, and you prove it more every time you post your nonsense?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


What I'm saying is Odummer did the same thing to the military that about every Democrat does, he decimated it.... and then brags on his great job....FOOL


You have to go back to pre WW1 days to find a period where our Navy saw a lower number of ships than at the end of Obama administration.
_________________
,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Porkchop



Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 2087
Location: Hot Springs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
PsychoTrack wrote:
Are you trying to say that President B-Rock didn't reverse the bush/cheney policy of keeping the expenses of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan hidden and off the books, crapslinger? And you say anything at all about any failure by me to not educate myself on the facts? Have I told you lately that I consider you to be a total idiot, crapslinger, and you prove it more every time you post your nonsense?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


What I'm saying is Odummer did the same thing to the military that about every Democrat does, he decimated it.... and then brags on his great job....FOOL


You have to go back to pre WW1 days to find a period where our Navy saw a lower number of ships than at the end of Obama administration.

You stupid Puck!! A person don't even need to do any research to realize many types of ships have been replaced by other defensive measures! I can safely assume we have fewer horses in the army also!
_________________
Left leaning Moderate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group