midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

About those tax cuts
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject: About those tax cuts Reply with quote

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/EF9E1DE8-25F7-11E8-A904-04E2CBA007F7

Does anyone remember when conservatives used to complain about passing debt on to our grandkids? What has changed?
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang those evil republican increasing spending on hurricane related expenditures.
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
Dang those evil republican increasing spending on hurricane related expenditures.

Lol. Midge cherry picking trying to shape a phony narrative. I'll highlight in red ink the very important details you left out.

Quote:
What happened: Revenues were down 9% in February from same month last year. Withholding taxes were 2% lower, the Treasury Department report said. Spending was $7 billion more than in the same period a year ago. Outlays for net interest on the public debt increased by 9% to $28 billion. The rise in spending was led by gains in military spending and for the aftermath of last years’ hurricanes.
tilley88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One month? Sure would hate to base my annual budget off of one month........
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trump is on a roll, already 65% of his agenda that he promised is complete, according to the Heritage Foundation... President Trump is humming along famously... Starting to get in the grove, firing those that didn't like his agenda and getting people in that will support him... you know, like B-Rock Odummer did, and every other president on the planet...
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:

Quote:
Big picture: The decrease in withholding during the month is the earliest sign of the effect of the Trump tax cut, analysts said. March could show an even steeper drop. Economists say the changes in taxes and increased federal spending are likely to boost growth in 2018 and into 2019, but the trend is toward a larger deficit. The Trump White House has forecast a $833 billion budget deficit for this year that ends Sept. 30, up from $666 billion in the prior year. Analysts think the deficit could be higher. The Congressional Budget Office is set to release its latest estimate on April 9.

I know, you don't like the projections, so they must be fake. However.com, the National debt has grown 1 trillion so far under Trump (fact), and this is with an economy that is on the top end of the business cycle. This is when you are suppose to be enjoying a surplus so you can compensate for the eventual recession. But now, we are running a huge deficit when times are good, and we will have an even larger deficit when times are bad. I'm not seeing the financial genius in this. What says you?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/
tilley88

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:

Quote:
Big picture: The decrease in withholding during the month is the earliest sign of the effect of the Trump tax cut, analysts said. March could show an even steeper drop. Economists say the changes in taxes and increased federal spending are likely to boost growth in 2018 and into 2019, but the trend is toward a larger deficit. The Trump White House has forecast a $833 billion budget deficit for this year that ends Sept. 30, up from $666 billion in the prior year. Analysts think the deficit could be higher. The Congressional Budget Office is set to release its latest estimate on April 9.

I know, you don't like the projections, so they must be fake. However.com, the National debt has grown 1 trillion so far under Trump (fact), and this is with an economy that is on the top end of the business cycle. This is when you are suppose to be enjoying a surplus so you can compensate for the eventual recession. But now, we are running a huge deficit when times are good, and we will have an even larger deficit when times are bad. I'm not seeing the financial genius in this. What says you?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I never said it was fake news. Sure, our debt has grown larger and it’s gonna get even bigger with the infrastructure bill coming up. The man still has 7 more years to go. Let’s wait and see if he can add 8–10 trillion to the debt like the last president, ok?
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Trump is kind of a piker at this debt thing... Odummer, now there was a master!!!!!
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-Rock put 2 wars on the budget that gwb and cheney were hiding behind uncertain contingencies. Why is it that so many rightwingnuts fail to understand those FACTS???????

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
B-Rock put 2 wars on the budget that gwb and cheney were hiding behind uncertain contingencies. Why is it that so many rightwingnuts fail to understand those FACTS???????

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

LOL facts, what the he!! would you know about facts.... by your answer, nothing.....
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you trying to say that President B-Rock didn't reverse the bush/cheney policy of keeping the expenses of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan hidden and off the books, crapslinger? And you say anything at all about any failure by me to not educate myself on the facts? Have I told you lately that I consider you to be a total idiot, crapslinger, and you prove it more every time you post your nonsense?

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
Are you trying to say that President B-Rock didn't reverse the bush/cheney policy of keeping the expenses of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan hidden and off the books, crapslinger? And you say anything at all about any failure by me to not educate myself on the facts? Have I told you lately that I consider you to be a total idiot, crapslinger, and you prove it more every time you post your nonsense?

What I'm saying is Odummer did the same thing to the military that about every Democrat does, he decimated it.... and then brags on his great job....FOOL
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
NeverTrustAMidget wrote:

Lol. Midge cherry picking trying to shape a phony narrative. I'll highlight in red ink the very important details you left out.

Quote:
What happened: Revenues were down 9% in February from same month last year. Withholding taxes were 2% lower, the Treasury Department report said. Spending was $7 billion more than in the same period a year ago. Outlays for net interest on the public debt increased by 9% to $28 billion. The rise in spending was led by gains in military spending and for the aftermath of last years’ hurricanes.

Yea, but based on the amount of the tax rate cuts if you used the static model then the decrease should have been even more. The fact that the economy had started to respond in just a month shows what the future holds.
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
PsychoTrack wrote:

What I'm saying is Odummer did the same thing to the military that about every Democrat does, he decimated it.... and then brags on his great job....FOOL

You have to go back to pre WW1 days to find a period where our Navy saw a lower number of ships than at the end of Obama administration.
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
PsychoTrack wrote:

You have to go back to pre WW1 days to find a period where our Navy saw a lower number of ships than at the end of Obama administration.

You stupid Puck!! A person don't even need to do any research to realize many types of ships have been replaced by other defensive measures! I can safely assume we have fewer horses in the army also!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: