midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 
 

Al Gore revisited
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NeverTrustAMidget



Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 12647

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Al Gore revisited Reply with quote

Remember when Al Gore warn that the melting ice caps will cause ocean levels to rise and flooding of coastal areas?


http://strangesounds.org/2018/02/venice-water-levels-are-the-lowest-since-records-began-with-some-canals-almost-completely-dried-up-and-it-has-not-stopped-sinking.html
_________________
,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamieHall



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 3994
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the article:

... alongside low tides, the city has been experiencing cold winter weather, lack of rain and low tides due to the “super blue blood moon” all of which contribute to its dried-up canals.


It could be argued that the dry canals are directly related to climate change, hence the unusually cold weather and lack of rain.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 2959

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a picture I took right before Thanksgiving. Looks pretty full.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NeverTrustAMidget



Joined: 06 Oct 2007
Posts: 12647

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
From the article:

... alongside low tides, the city has been experiencing cold winter weather, lack of rain and low tides due to the “super blue blood moon” all of which contribute to its dried-up canals.


It could be argued that the dry canals are directly related to climate change, hence the unusually cold weather and lack of rain.


Spin all you want. The canals are barely effected by rain or lack of rain. They are fed by the sea and the city's elevation. IF everything was as Gore claimed over and over and over again then the canals would be flooded blue blood moon or not.

Here we are years past his deadline for the ice caps to melt and they are still there and the oceans have not risen.
_________________
,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 2959

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
JamieHall wrote:
From the article:

... alongside low tides, the city has been experiencing cold winter weather, lack of rain and low tides due to the “super blue blood moon” all of which contribute to its dried-up canals.


It could be argued that the dry canals are directly related to climate change, hence the unusually cold weather and lack of rain.


Spin all you want. The canals are barely effected by rain or lack of rain. They are fed by the sea and the city's elevation. IF everything was as Gore claimed over and over and over again then the canals would be flooded blue blood moon or not.

Here we are years past his deadline for the ice caps to melt and they are still there and the oceans have not risen.


The water levels in Venice are the same as the ocean levels in the Mediterranian because Venice is actually in the ocean. This thread is another fail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZovcCxftAY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10031
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Climate Change and Global Warming are both one in the same, a money grab...as they always say, follow the money.... Liberals, believe in Global Warming but not in God...at least there is credible evidence for God...
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 2959

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
Climate Change and Global Warming are both one in the same, a money grab...as they always say, follow the money.... Liberals, believe in Global Warming but not in God...at least there is credible evidence for God...


What's your spin on the video I linked?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 2830

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is the polar ice growing in Antarctica?
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 2959

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
Why is the polar ice growing in Antarctica?


The Antarctic region is a continent surrounded by open ocean. Most of the ice gained in the Antarctic region during the winter melts during the summer, which means most of the ice there is first year ice. Current levels of Antarctic ice are at the lowest levels since we started using satellite imagery for measurenlment.

The North pole, by contrast, is open ocean surrounded by land. It gets very little precipitation and the ice there is much older and thicker, and is more stable than the freeze/melt swings of the Antarctic.

I answered your question, now tell me what your spin is on the video I Iinked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JamieHall



Joined: 11 Dec 2005
Posts: 3994
Location: Nashville, TN

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NeverTrustAMidget wrote:
the oceans have not risen.


Yes, they certainly have.

https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html


tilley88 wrote:
Why is the polar ice growing in Antarctica?


Arctic sea ice has been increasing since about 1979 because of shifting ocean currents from cyclonic winds. The stronger wind pushes sea ice around, creating areas of cold, open water known as polynyas. More polynyas lead to increased opportunity for sea ice production.

Also of note: When land ice melts and flows into the oceans, global sea levels rise. When sea ice melts, sea levels do not change measurably but other parts of the climate system are affected, like increased absorption of solar energy by the darker oceans.

mudslinger47 wrote:
a money grab...as they always say, follow the money.... Liberals, believe in Global Warming but not in God...


Who's making money off global warming? As for believing in anything, climate change is based on science. God is based on faith. Very different categories.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10031
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Climate Change and Global Warming are both one in the same, a money grab...as they always say, follow the money.... Liberals, believe in Global Warming but not in God...at least there is credible evidence for God...


What's your spin on the video I linked?


Computer animation? That's your "proof"? Your laughable..
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10031
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieHall wrote:
quote]

Who's making money off global warming? As for believing in anything, climate change is based on science. God is based on faith. Very different categories.


Come on, you can't be that stupid... there are hundreds of grants and programs studying GW... they admit it doesn't exist, they're out of work.... no one is going to fire themselves, not even scientists...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwixnZ-a8qXZAhUQyGMKHWe1CnQQFghDMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.forbes.com%2Fsites%2Fjamestaylor%2F2015%2F02%2F09%2Ftop-10-global-warming-lies-that-may-shock-you%2F&usg=AOvVaw0ALVLlsC1Q3-dreUa9Fe4y
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 2830

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
Why is the polar ice growing in Antarctica?


The Antarctic region is a continent surrounded by open ocean. Most of the ice gained in the Antarctic region during the winter melts during the summer, which means most of the ice there is first year ice. Current levels of Antarctic ice are at the lowest levels since we started using satellite imagery for measurenlment.

The North pole, by contrast, is open ocean surrounded by land. It gets very little precipitation and the ice there is much older and thicker, and is more stable than the freeze/melt swings of the Antarctic.

I answered your question, now tell me what your spin is on the video I Iinked.


https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151214142053.htm

But I'm sure climate change alarmists will say melting polar caps are what's causing the earth to tilt because massive amounts of "new" water cause it. Am I right?
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 2959

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
Climate Change and Global Warming are both one in the same, a money grab...as they always say, follow the money.... Liberals, believe in Global Warming but not in God...at least there is credible evidence for God...


What's your spin on the video I linked?


Computer animation? That's your "proof"? Your laughable..


Satellite imagery. Those pesky inconvenient facts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 2959

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
Why is the polar ice growing in Antarctica?


The Antarctic region is a continent surrounded by open ocean. Most of the ice gained in the Antarctic region during the winter melts during the summer, which means most of the ice there is first year ice. Current levels of Antarctic ice are at the lowest levels since we started using satellite imagery for measurenlment.

The North pole, by contrast, is open ocean surrounded by land. It gets very little precipitation and the ice there is much older and thicker, and is more stable than the freeze/melt swings of the Antarctic.

I answered your question, now tell me what your spin is on the video I Iinked.


https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/12/151214142053.htm

But I'm sure climate change alarmists will say melting polar caps are what's causing the earth to tilt because massive amounts of "new" water cause it. Am I right?


Tilley continuing his tap dance as he doesn't want to address what's going on at the North pole. #yabut.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group