midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Senate needs to pass this one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Porkchop

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject: Senate needs to pass this one Reply with quote

C'mon Dems. You got everything you wanted except daca. Push for that during the next 30 days! This shutdown will be on the Democrats!

Congress hurtled toward a government shutdown Friday as Democrats in the Senate offered no sign of supporting a short-term bill to keep the government open, unless it includes protection for illegal immigrants brought to the country as children.
The Republican-dominated House of Representatives passed a one-month bill Thursday night by a vote of 230-197 largely along party lines, with 11 Republicans voting no and six Democrats voting yes.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a close neighbor that is an undocumented immigrant. He brought his 3 children here when they were just toddlers. I speak with them regularly and no one would ever guess that they may have been born in a different country. The USA is the only home that they know. While their Mom and Pop speak with heavy accents none of the children do that. I think they deserve a chance in succeeding in the only nation that they've ever called their homeland.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tilley88

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
I have a close neighbor that is an undocumented immigrant. He brought his 3 children here when they were just toddlers. I speak with them regularly and no one would ever guess that they may have been born in a different country. The USA is the only home that they know. While their Mom and Pop speak with heavy accents none of the children do that. I think they deserve a chance in succeeding in the only nation that they've ever called their homeland.

But are you ok with democrats shutting down the government over illegal immigrants?
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A shut down doesn't really change anything, but it will make the Democrats look like idiots fighting for illegals and hanging the military and the country out to dry...
NeverTrustAMidget

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:

If the kids do not know their home country because of the iollegal activity of their parents then it is no ones fault but their parents.

Whitey Bulger and his girl friend spent years living as a respectful couple in San Fransisco and their neighbors thought they were kindly older couple. Maybe the FBI should have ignored their past history of murder and extortion in Boston and allowed them to live out their lives in San Fransisco?

The parents violated US law when they entered the US illegally and they should be returned to their native country. Of course that is IF these people actually exist and are not made up example.
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first half of the 20th century this nation welcomed with open arms millions of Jews, Italians, people from the Baltic Nations, Poles, Chinese and many others and most of them with little or NO papers. That was back in the days when this nation embraced the ideology as expressed on our Statue of Liberty. Even President George HW Bush promoted the idea of a kinder and gentler nation. I agreed with President Bush #41 on a lot of things and that was just one of them.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
tilley88

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
In the first half of the 20th century this nation welcomed with open arms millions of Jews, Italians, people from the Baltic Nations, Poles, Chinese and many others and most of them with little or NO papers. That was back in the days when this nation embraced the ideology as expressed on our Statue of Liberty. Even President George HW Bush promoted the idea of a kinder and gentler nation. I agreed with President Bush #41 on a lot of things and that was just one of them.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

That was also back when immigrants embraced the ideology as expressed on our Statue of Liberty. Again.......are you ok with democrats shutting down our government over illegal immigrants?
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dems did not shut down the government over anything. They have no powers to do that as they have no majority in the House and the Senate and we have a President that calls himself a Republican. They are the ones that shut the government down.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: