midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 
 

A lengthy but excellent summary of 2017.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Valerie



Joined: 05 Oct 2008
Posts: 4686
Location: Mississippi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:04 am    Post subject: A lengthy but excellent summary of 2017. Reply with quote

A lengthy but excellent summary of 2017.

Repost: It was a year of winning for President Trump, but more importantly, for the United States, which shook off nearly a decade of economic malaise with record highs in the stock market and record lows in unemployment, and reasserted itself as the world’s preeminent superpower by reaffirming its commitment to global leadership.

Almost immediately after taking office, the new President signed an executive order requiring two federal regulations to be cut for every new one that is enacted. Ultimately, 16 rules were cut for every new one enacted; a move that the White House estimated saved $8.1 billion. Most notably, President Trump saved an estimated $993 billion by canceling President Obama’s disastrous “Clean Power Plan.”

In addition, President Trump signed 15 congressional regulatory cuts, further easing the burden on the private sector and helping to push the nation’s economy to two consecutive quarters of 3% growth in his first two full quarters in office.

While President Obama saw average GDP growth of just 1.5% in his eight years in office, the IMF believes that President Trump’s first year in office will see 3.5% GDP growth—something liberal-leaning pundits spent the year claiming was impossible.

As the Dow set record after record—eventually posting nine straight months of gains for the first time ever—confidence in the nation’s economy hit a 17-year high as unemployment dipped to 4.1% and an estimated 1.7 million jobs were created.

The black unemployment rate has hit historic lows, and the black-white employment gap has fallen to its lowest level since April of 2000. Hispanic unemployment, too, is at its lowest level in 10 years.

In fact, so widespread is the nation’s hiring boom that new claims for unemployment are down to their lowest levels since 1974.

Since President Trump took office, the Wilshire 5000 Index estimates that approximately $3.4 trillion in new wealth has been created, while a staggering $5.4 trillion has been added since he was elected.

And that wealth won’t be frittered away through costly and ill-advised international agreements. President Trump ended President Obama’s sweetheart deal with Cuba, and announced plans to reexamine the Iran Nuclear Deal with an eye toward voiding it. By withdrawing from the Paris Climate Accord, the President saved America untold billions in payments and far more in lost GDP, with some estimates putting the total as high as $3 trillion. Similarly, the President determined that the Trans-Pacific Partnership—President Obama’s signature trade deal—was not in America’s best interests and withdrew from it while simultaneously reopening NAFTA for renegotiation.

The message, clearly, is that America will now pursue deals that tangibly benefit America through investment in capital and creation of new jobs here. And that message has obviously been heard. China announced that it would spend $84 billion on new energy projects in West Virginia, while Taiwanese electronics giant Foxconn announced plans to build its first ever plant in America, a $10 billion project that will create upwards of 13,000 jobs in Wisconsin and represents the single largest foreign corporate investment in American history.

This refocus on American interests and willingness to project American might to protect them also prompted NATO nations to shoulder a heavier financial burden for collective defense—a requirement of the deal that had never before been enforced.

When President Trump declared Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel (which it very obviously is), the United Nations voted to condemn the move. The U.S. didn’t just veto that vote, it cut funding to the UN by $285 million.

In three moves that both project American might and boost American financial interests, the President took major steps toward energy independence. He finally approved the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, which are expected to create upwards of 42,000 jobs. He opened up 77 million acres in the Gulf of Mexico for offshore oil drilling. And he signed as part of a landmark tax cut bill an order that opens up the ANWR region of Alaska for oil drilling.

It was the tax bill, though, that will have the greatest impact on the nation’s economy. Roughly 80% of all Americans will see a tax cut in 2018, with an average family of four saving roughly $1,100 per year. The corporate tax cut may have an even bigger impact, as the drop to a 21% rate allows companies more freedom to use their revenues as they see fit. Dozens of them announced massive bonuses for their employees, while others increased their minimum wages to $15 per hour.

As if that weren’t enough, President Trump’s first year also saw the defeat of ISIS in its last remaining strongholds in Iraq and Syria. The terror army, whose ranks swelled to above 14,000 a few years ago, now numbers in the hundreds. Though it is still capable of launching terror attacks across the globe, ISIS is no longer able to hold territory in the Middle East and has thus lost its luster as the self-proclaimed “Global Caliphate” that made it so attractive for prospective soldiers.

To decimate the group’s operations in Afghanistan, where it had been gathering strength, the U.S. dropped the “Mother of All Bombs”—the strongest explosive short of a nuclear bomb—on an ISIS cave complex, killing 94 terrorists and showing the world that America was no longer scared to use any and all weapons in its arsenal to defeat its enemies.

When the Syrian regime used chemical weapons against its own people in its ongoing civil war, President Trump ordered the bombing of the airfield from which those weapons were launched.

In the war on organized drug gangs, he partnered with several Central American countries to arrest and charge roughly 4,000 members of MS-13, including nearly 800 here in the United States. Moreover, he signed three executive orders cracking down on international drug cartels, while his Justice Department created a National Public Safety Partnership that works with cities to reduce violent crimes associated with the drug trade.

The Justice Department also provided $98 million in grants to fund the salaries of 802 new law enforcement officers, while the President declared a Nationwide Public Health Emergency on opioids—adding an additional $500 million in funding to fight them.

To further stop the flow of drugs coming into the country and better secure America’s southern border, President Trump ended President Obama’s “catch and release” policy for illegal immigrants, announced the end of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival and Deferred Action for Parents of Americans programs, and started the rollback of chain migration. He also signed orders cracking down on sanctuary cities and limiting migration and visits from nations known to harbor terrorists, but both are still held up in federal courts.

On the federal bench, however, President Trump nominated a strict constructionist, Neil Gorsuch to replace the late Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court, and Senate Republicans held firm; ending filibusters for Supreme Court appointments and confirming Gorsuch to the bench. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell similarly revamped rules for federal appellate court appointments to end Democrat efforts at blocking Trump appointments, confirming 12 of them in addition to six circuit court judges.

After promising to fix the Department of Veterans Affairs after massive scandals on President Obama’s watch, President Trump signed the Veterans Accountability and Whistleblower Protection Act and authorized $2.1 billion in additional funding for the Veterans Choice program to help vets receive the health care they deserve—furthering this through the Veterans Appeals Improvement and Modernization Act.

On veterans’ affairs, the federal judiciary, foreign policy, national defense, and especially America’s economy, President Trump has made good on his promises turn the nation around after eight years of floundering, but he was wrong about one thing: nobody is tired of all the winning yet.
_________________
Im a hateful, fearful and mad conservative, and ignorant. per Toodleloo!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mudslinger47



Joined: 27 Apr 2010
Posts: 10604
Location: Central Coast of Ca

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

President Trump had a heck of a good year even with so much against him... imagine how great America would be if everyone pulled in the same direction...
_________________
Schmit Samiches for all the libs!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11948

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. They are NOT entitled to their own supposed facts. There has never been a national executive of the USA that has done LESS than the lil' donnie or his majority congress. This past year and I suspect any future years that lil' donnie can hang on to his very thin string that holds him up will go down in history as the very worst years of American governance that has ever occurred. The Democrats have not stopped him or his congress from doing anything they want. It can be safely ascertained that there has NEVER been an administration that has accomplished less especially one that had controlled the White House and BOTH houses of congress. Anyone that would intimate pride for any of that needs to at least read a few journals of American history.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3169
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
President Trump had a heck of a good year even with so much against him... imagine how great America would be if everyone pulled in the same direction...


Considering the 95% negative, "fake news" coverage and the huge effort of the lowlife scum trying to bring him down, I would say he had a stellar 2017. #lovineveryminuteofit
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3921

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excavator wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
President Trump had a heck of a good year even with so much against him... imagine how great America would be if everyone pulled in the same direction...


Considering the 95% negative, "fake news" coverage and the huge effort of the lowlife scum trying to bring him down, I would say he had a stellar 2017. #lovineveryminuteofit


You used to bash Obama over the Labor Participation Rate. You don't seem to be concerned about this anymore. Is it because it has skyrocketed under Trump? Do you know what the numbers for december were? Asking for a friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11948

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States remained unchanged at 62.70 percent in December of 2017. Labor Force Participation Rate in the United States averaged 63 percent from 1950 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 67.30 percent in January of 2000 and a record low of 58.10 percent in December of 1954.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/labor-force-participation-rate

What this information demonstrates is that the relative Labor Participation Rate was LOWER THAN AVERAGE in 2017. It would be difficult to argue with these findings considering that they were collected and figured in the identical ways from 1950 - 2017.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3169
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
Excavator wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
President Trump had a heck of a good year even with so much against him... imagine how great America would be if everyone pulled in the same direction...


Considering the 95% negative, "fake news" coverage and the huge effort of the lowlife scum trying to bring him down, I would say he had a stellar 2017. #lovineveryminuteofit


You used to bash Obama over the Labor Participation Rate. You don't seem to be concerned about this anymore. Is it because it has skyrocketed under Trump? Do you know what the numbers for december were? Asking for a friend.


You have friends? Do they ride unicorns? Democrats have been convincing people for 50-60 years that it's okay to live their lives being supported by the American taxpayer. The economy is great and still growing, and the jobs are coming back. Will these people get off the couch, and apply for jobs now? I think they will have to when they start losing their freebies.

Poor people have been voting for democrats for 50-60 years. Guess what, there are more poor people today than all those years ago. Democrats do not want people to prosper. Democrats do not want people to have more money in their pockets. Not one damm democrat voted for the tax cuts and jobs act. Why? Without poor people, democrats do not exist in the US government. Get it?
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3921

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excavator wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Excavator wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
President Trump had a heck of a good year even with so much against him... imagine how great America would be if everyone pulled in the same direction...


Considering the 95% negative, "fake news" coverage and the huge effort of the lowlife scum trying to bring him down, I would say he had a stellar 2017. #lovineveryminuteofit


You used to bash Obama over the Labor Participation Rate. You don't seem to be concerned about this anymore. Is it because it has skyrocketed under Trump? Do you know what the numbers for december were? Asking for a friend.


You have friends? Do they ride unicorns? Democrats have been convincing people for 50-60 years that it's okay to live their lives being supported by the American taxpayer. The economy is great and still growing, and the jobs are coming back. Will these people get off the couch, and apply for jobs now? I think they will have to when they start losing their freebies.

Poor people have been voting for democrats for 50-60 years. Guess what, there are more poor people today than all those years ago. Democrats do not want people to prosper. Democrats do not want people to have more money in their pockets. Not one damm democrat voted for the tax cuts and jobs act. Why? Without poor people, democrats do not exist in the US government. Get it?


Nice melt and nice deflection. Why don't you worry about the Labor Participation rate anymore. How about the increasing National debt. You used to be "concerned" about those things. Is it that you really didn't give a sh!t.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3169
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
Excavator wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
Excavator wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
President Trump had a heck of a good year even with so much against him... imagine how great America would be if everyone pulled in the same direction...


Considering the 95% negative, "fake news" coverage and the huge effort of the lowlife scum trying to bring him down, I would say he had a stellar 2017. #lovineveryminuteofit


You used to bash Obama over the Labor Participation Rate. You don't seem to be concerned about this anymore. Is it because it has skyrocketed under Trump? Do you know what the numbers for december were? Asking for a friend.


You have friends? Do they ride unicorns? Democrats have been convincing people for 50-60 years that it's okay to live their lives being supported by the American taxpayer. The economy is great and still growing, and the jobs are coming back. Will these people get off the couch, and apply for jobs now? I think they will have to when they start losing their freebies.

Poor people have been voting for democrats for 50-60 years. Guess what, there are more poor people today than all those years ago. Democrats do not want people to prosper. Democrats do not want people to have more money in their pockets. Not one damm democrat voted for the tax cuts and jobs act. Why? Without poor people, democrats do not exist in the US government. Get it?


Nice melt and nice deflection. Why don't you worry about the Labor Participation rate anymore. How about the increasing National debt. You used to be "concerned" about those things. Is it that you really didn't give a sh!t.


I am very pleased that my investments are growing by leaps and bounds, thank you Donald J. Trump. If conservatives remain in power so that democrats can't grow the government, and give our country away, the national debt, and LPR will eventually correct themselves. Bush, and Obama brought about this huge debt and jobs issue, and it will not be resolved anytime soon. That's a lot of damage to repair, but we are on the right track.

I noticed you didn't dispute my previous post. Democrats want Americans to remain poor, and jobless. "Not one freaking democrat voted for the tax cuts and jobs act". "WITHOUT POOR PEOPLE, DEMOCRATS DO NOT EXIST IN THE US GOVERNMENT". It's a strange thing that educated people such as yourself will not admit that fact. Fewer poor people = fewer democrats in power. You can not dispute that solid fact. Oh, BTW, that money you save this year due to the tax cuts...Write a check, and donate it to the United States Treasury.
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Excavator



Joined: 22 May 2012
Posts: 3169
Location: Benton, Arkansas

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a mean person, but. Very Happy

"The United States suddenly finds itself at a place where almost everyone who wants a job can find one...raising the prospect of higher wages." - Washington Post on the booming Trump economy.

"The American economy hasn't experienced this kind of fierce competition for workers since the late 90s and early 2000s, the last time the unemployment rate was this low." - NY Times.

All this winning is wearing me out, whew...
_________________
IN GOD WE TRUST!
All others must sign an affidavit...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PV=nRT



Joined: 14 Jun 2012
Posts: 3921

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excavator wrote:
I am very pleased that my investments are growing by leaps and bounds, thank you Donald J. Trump.


Can you list for me what exactly Trump has done to get this credit. Measurables and substance please.



Excavator wrote:
If conservatives remain in power so that democrats can't grow the government, and give our country away, the national debt, and LPR will eventually correct themselves.


Do you have anything to back this up, or is it wishful thinking?

Excavator wrote:
Bush, and Obama brought about this huge debt and jobs issue, and it will not be resolved anytime soon. That's a lot of damage to repair, but we are on the right track.


What exactly did these 2 Presidents do to make them responsible for debt and job issues?

Excavator wrote:
Democrats want Americans to remain poor, and jobless.




Excavator wrote:
"Not one freaking democrat voted for the tax cuts and jobs act"."WITHOUT POOR PEOPLE, DEMOCRATS DO NOT EXIST IN THE US GOVERNMENT". It's a strange thing that educated people such as yourself will not admit that fact. Fewer poor people = fewer democrats in power. You can not dispute that solid fact.


Democrats are not the party in power, so it's their turn to pretend to care about the national debt. Why are you no longer concerned about this?

http://www.usdebtclock.org/


Excavator wrote:
Oh, BTW, that money you save this year due to the tax cuts...Write a check, and donate it to the United States Treasury


My first paychek of 2018 was $40 less than my paychecks from 2017.


So, why are you no longer concerned about the Labor Participation Rate, or why are you no longer questioning what the actual unemployment numbers were versus what is being reported?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3438

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
My first paychek of 2018 was $40 less than my paychecks from 2017


I do believe those tax cuts go into effect Feb 1..........
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11948

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be incorrect, tillyjo. The supposed tax considerations go into effect on Jan. 1 but are not expected to be seen in any measurable way until about February. I hope you are glad about the almost immediate addition of $1,500,000,000,000.00 to $2,300,000,000,000.00, those are TRILLIONS, to our national debt. The repubs used to get all excited about things like that.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tilley88



Joined: 02 Jun 2015
Posts: 3438

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
That would be incorrect, tillyjo. The supposed tax considerations go into effect on Jan. 1 but are not expected to be seen in any measurable way until about February. I hope you are glad about the almost immediate addition of $1,500,000,000,000.00 to $2,300,000,000,000.00, those are TRILLIONS, to our national debt. The repubs used to get all excited about things like that.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


I stand corrected. The tax cuts go into effect Jan 1, and you should see it on your paychecks starting Feb 1. I’m never glad to see out national debt go up, but I’m hopeful to see it go down when Trump starts cutting and gutting the liberal cheese. Will that make you glad?
_________________
When liberal heads explode, there's not much of a mess to clean up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PsychoTrack



Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Posts: 11948

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newly proposed "tax cuts" will put me from a 10% category into a 12% level. And they erase my write off for my state taxes altogether. My mortgage interest write off also disappears. All of this while the billionaires reap tremendous advantages. Am I supposed to accept that and say nothing? Not today.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
_________________
Common folk embrace religion. Wise ones reject it. Rulers find it useful.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group