midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
Comp Newsletter
Comp Newsletter
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

The Budget. Where Do You Think It's Going?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: The Budget. Where Do You Think It's Going? Reply with quote

The budget is not a casual subject. Lil' donnie is already attempting to change the Senate rules to allow only a simple majority to send their idea of a budget to his desk. Our founders didn't think that was such a good idea and they memorialized their thinking into the Constitution and other laws to prevent that from happening. This nation does not have a pure democracy. We have a Democratic Republic and wisely so.

What are your thoughts about this? The House does have simple majority powers but the Senate is not restricted in that way. The Senate goes much deeper into the particulars of proposed legislation and generally requires a more than majority ruling. This is absolutely by design from our founders. Just think about the legislation involving Civil Rights and Voting Rights. Both Acts profited greatly due to the super majorities required for their passages. I believe that the requirements for super majorities to pass muster in the Senate are extremely good considerations for any major legislation to be passed onto the President's desk.

Many in this country are not aware that we enjoy the longest system of Democracy in history. There have been other democracies but they have failed early on in their implementations. The American system of democracy has succeeded far longer than any of it's predecessors. Our founders got it better than any before them. I am very proud of that and I resent anyone fooling around with our foundational principles.

And the investigations continue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:44 am    Post subject: Re: The Budget. Where Do You Think It's Going? Reply with quote

PsychoTrack wrote:
The budget is not a casual subject. Lil' donnie is already attempting to change the Senate rules to allow only a simple majority to send their idea of a budget to his desk. Our founders didn't think that was such a good idea and they memorialized their thinking into the Constitution and other laws to prevent that from happening. This nation does not have a pure democracy. We have a Democratic Republic and wisely so.

What are your thoughts about this? The House does have simple majority powers but the Senate is not restricted in that way. The Senate goes much deeper into the particulars of proposed legislation and generally requires a more than majority ruling. This is absolutely by design from our founders. Just think about the legislation involving Civil Rights and Voting Rights. Both Acts profited greatly due to the super majorities required for their passages. I believe that the requirements for super majorities to pass muster in the Senate are extremely good considerations for any major legislation to be passed onto the President's desk.

Many in this country are not aware that we enjoy the longest system of Democracy in history. There have been other democracies but they have failed early on in their implementations. The American system of democracy has succeeded far longer than any of it's predecessors. Our founders got it better than any before them. I am very proud of that and I resent anyone fooling around with our foundational principles.

I believe Odummer tried the same thing, and I'd guess most of them do.... If Congress will get out of Trumps way I think he'd probably do a pretty good job.... 100 billion dollars saved in 7 months ain't chicken feed....and that is simply cutting ridiculous regulation via exec order, same way Odummer got them installed...
Porkchop

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: The Budget. Where Do You Think It's Going? Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
PsychoTrack wrote:

I believe Odummer tried the same thing, and I'd guess most of them do.... If Congress will get out of Trumps way I think he'd probably do a pretty good job.... 100 billion dollars saved in 7 months ain't chicken feed....and that is simply cutting ridiculous regulation via exec order, same way Odummer got them installed...

Can you provide an itemized list to back that claim up?
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Re: The Budget. Where Do You Think It's Going? Reply with quote

Porkchop wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
PsychoTrack wrote:

Good luck with that. The gatewaypundit and weaselzippers usually don't provide verification for their claims.
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: The Budget. Where Do You Think It's Going? Reply with quote

Porkchop wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
PsychoTrack wrote:

Got it off CNN's web site.... look it up....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjX4tKS4PjVAhXmiVQKHW9LAm4QFggyMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FThe_Donald%2Fcomments%2F5zvboq%2Fus_debt_is_down_by_about_100_billion_dollars%2F&usg=AFQjCNHQPOueLmKKwNz1xjnhXpK6_KPTzQ
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, by looking at the numbers, it was probably more like three months... Providing ya'll can add and subtract...
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: The Budget. Where Do You Think It's Going? Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
Porkchop wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:
PsychoTrack wrote:

Got it off CNN's web site.... look it up....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjX4tKS4PjVAhXmiVQKHW9LAm4QFggyMAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reddit.com%2Fr%2FThe_Donald%2Fcomments%2F5zvboq%2Fus_debt_is_down_by_about_100_billion_dollars%2F&usg=AFQjCNHQPOueLmKKwNz1xjnhXpK6_KPTzQ

Those numbers are from March, when Amercians were mailing in their tax returns, giving a boost to revenue to the government. It happens every year at that time. So tell me Einstein, if he's cutting the debt, then why are we right now having a debate about raising the debt limit?
mudslinger47

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I proved my statement, and taxes wouldn't show until April....Einstein.... Look, admit your wrong and move on , it happens... that is the problem with people of your ilk... you can't stand to be proven wrong, so you make up and excuse... I provided you the info you wanted.... I was right, deal with it....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwje1IvnpvnVAhXphVQKHSkwAiwQFggsMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2017%2F03%2F355719%2F&usg=AFQjCNFP5xrgYT6IubB2oi4NGi2vMB2rPw
PV=nRT

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mudslinger47 wrote:
I proved my statement, and taxes wouldn't show until April....Einstein.... Look, admit your wrong and move on , it happens... that is the problem with people of your ilk... you can't stand to be proven wrong, so you make up and excuse... I provided you the info you wanted.... I was right, deal with it....

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwje1IvnpvnVAhXphVQKHSkwAiwQFggsMAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thegatewaypundit.com%2F2017%2F03%2F355719%2F&usg=AFQjCNFP5xrgYT6IubB2oi4NGi2vMB2rPw

Income tax revenue starts rolling in the middle of Feb. And again, if the national debt is being reduced, then how can Trump threaten to shut the government down and not raise the debt limit unless he gets funding for the border wall that Mexico is suppose to be paying for? Your web of lies had put you in a no win situation.

And LMFAO at the gatewaypundit source.
tilley88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PV=nRT wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Income tax revenue starts rolling in the middle of Feb. And again, if the national debt is being reduced, then how can Trump threaten to shut the government down and not raise the debt limit unless he gets funding for the border wall that Mexico is suppose to be paying for? Your web of lies had put you in a no win situation.

Did the man not provide a link to back up his claim with Treasury Direct? If tax revenue has helped Trump's numbers, why did they fail to help Obama's? And 100 billion won't go far with a projected 4 trillion dollar budget, but you knew that........
Porkchop

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Did the man not provide a link to back up his claim with Treasury Direct? If tax revenue has helped Trump's numbers, why did they fail to help Obama's? And 100 billion won't go far with a projected 4 trillion dollar budget, but you knew that........

Gee , I don't know why Obama's numbers look so bad in that early 2009 time frame? I wonder what was going on?! Rolling Eyes
JamieHall

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look back over the past several years in month-to-month numbers. The debt fluctuates considerably over any given stretch of 3 to 6 months. If you look at the numbers under Trump, they went up, down, up and down again since he's been in office. They did that under Obama, too.

The long-term projection is that the debt will continue to grow. That's not even a debate anymore, so Trump needs to be careful if he really wants to be personally responsible for changes in the debt, because there will be good and bad.
tilley88

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Porkchop wrote:
tilley88 wrote:
PV=nRT wrote:
mudslinger47 wrote:

Gee , I don't know why Obama's numbers look so bad in that early 2009 time frame? I wonder what was going on?! Rolling Eyes

To be fair, the stimulus package caused a big hit in 2009. What happened after that? Why did the debt steadily climb over 8 trillion in the next 7 years? Why didn't income taxes lower Obama's national debt like it has for Trump? Granted, Trump hasn't put any policies in place yet. But what were the driving issues behind the phenomenal increases in the national debt on Obama's watch, and what has Trump done differently? Income tax collection? Right.......
PsychoTrack

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any elementary examination of the history of the national debt reveals that it fluctuates wildly all the time. But that aside, why is Sen. Mitch McConnell now guaranteeing that we will need to extend the national debt this year and promising that it WILL BE DONE? It looks like we could use some of that debt reduction to forego any additional debt expense for FY2018. But that's not the way macro-economics works. Kitchen table math will not and cannot be used in any macro considerations. You need to go a little further than simple addition and subtraction.

mudslinger47

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the deal Tilly... they got nothing so they have to lie... Hillary got her butt handed to her, they have no other wins, the Democrats have lost 1100 seats nation wide, they have Pelosi, Waters, Ellison, Schumer ,Feinstein and Perez for their leadership... they got nothing, and now the fat bastard Mike Moore even says Trump will win in 2020.... I showed them the numbers they make excuses.... nothing I can do about that, when I am wrong, I admit it... these clowns can't do that....

On another Lib note, I listened to a news clown talking about the explosive economy and how it was the policies of Odummer that set this up....BUT not a dang thing happened until Trump came to office....Odummer didn't do squat...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: