midsouthracing.com Forum Index
Comp Cams
TCI
Dirty Girl Racewear Dirt Heads Crowley's Ridge Raceway
I-30 New Vision Your Ad
Your Ad George Kell Sign Co. Smileys Racing Products

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  Subscribe 

Corinth Speedway Rules??????????????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creighto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilk35 wrote:
regular vortec heads are cheaper and more plentiful,BUT they will not run with the bowtie vortec heads

butch,i said regular vortec heads will NOT run with bowtie vortecs! Im proof of that,lol...i agree,late model stock is way outta hand...several that run up front have more in their motors than i do my whole car! i can guarantee i can sell my motor for $2000...how many you know that can do that? the roller cam issue is totally stupid having to add weight or getting a weight break if you run a flat tappet...thats gonna be alot of checking for nothing,which corinth is not known for...and just like the tire rule,i love the hard tire rule...but i have seen in several past post 3 different rules to this...ive seen punch 60,55,and 50...which are we gonna go by? i dont like punching the tires after the race as everyone knows heat will make the numbers go down...most other tracks punch them before you race...

there are a few cars,i wont say any names,that have ruined this class...id give anything to go back to what it was intended to be,a budget class...when baldwyn started this class,they had the buyout rule or swap rule,which i like...that way you dont tie up alot of money in these motors and you didnt have someone dominate it like now...i agree if they got the money to build high dollar motors,let them go run super late model,as ive seen a few that could go right now and make a show like they are...

all im saying is who let them vote in the bowtie vortecs as being there not a stock production head???i say if they gonna let us run them,let us run angle plug dart heads or aluminum heads as they are cheaper and more plentiful...JMO
Who dominated? We had 9 different winners in 18 races.
creighto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sh!thook wrote:
Did the rule change on cams in late model STOCK, and it plainly states no aftermarket heads allowed but yalls lett em run the boeties vortecs and them aint stock it cost a man 1500 for a set of the I say truck heads only or makem run supers
drivers voted 12-0 before I had the track to allow the chevy bowtie vortecs. They have been allowed and considered factory for 4 years. I was the one who wanted them outlawed and everyone pitched a fit!
creighto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wilk35 wrote:
regular vortec heads are cheaper and more plentiful,BUT they will not run with the bowtie vortec heads

butch,i said regular vortec heads will NOT run with bowtie vortecs! Im proof of that,lol...i agree,late model stock is way outta hand...several that run up front have more in their motors than i do my whole car! i can guarantee i can sell my motor for $2000...how many you know that can do that? the roller cam issue is totally stupid having to add weight or getting a weight break if you run a flat tappet...thats gonna be alot of checking for nothing,which corinth is not known for...and just like the tire rule,i love the hard tire rule...but i have seen in several past post 3 different rules to this...ive seen punch 60,55,and 50...which are we gonna go by? i dont like punching the tires after the race as everyone knows heat will make the numbers go down...most other tracks punch them before you race...

there are a few cars,i wont say any names,that have ruined this class...id give anything to go back to what it was intended to be,a budget class...when baldwyn started this class,they had the buyout rule or swap rule,which i like...that way you dont tie up alot of money in these motors and you didnt have someone dominate it like now...i agree if they got the money to build high dollar motors,let them go run super late model,as ive seen a few that could go right now and make a show like they are...

all im saying is who let them vote in the bowtie vortecs as being there not a stock production head???i say if they gonna let us run them,let us run angle plug dart heads or aluminum heads as they are cheaper and more plentiful...JMO
so you are all for roller cams which coast 1000 more than solid lift cams but you are agaisn't vortec bowties that only cost a few hundred more than regular vortecs.
creighto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

last year the tires had to punch 50 after the race because we were allowing for tires getting soft and that let in to many other tires. Now they will have to punch 60 anytime. When we are having to check the previous features cars we do not have time to run check 24 cars before the race. Sorry but that is just how it is. And by the way if 100 lbs made a car handle better why do the super late models always weight excatly what they are suppose to why don't they add 100Lbs. That really makes no sense.

Last edited by creighto on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jplavender

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the bowtie heads were probably a mistake!Now that everyone has them if you outlaw them cars will go to other tracks that do allow them.I like te idea of giving a break to a guy that runs a F/T camsaft,anything to help keep cost down
.Chuck yes there are a lot of aluminum heads floating around out there,but please don't open it up to them,because an outdated set of heads from the 80's are not going to competitive with a set of cnc ported AFR's.Instead of a 1400 dollar set of bowtiies's you'll be spending 3500 dollars and up.Just a thought,but I am glad to see it is the time of year to see ya'll on here arguing about rules,know RACING IS NOT FAR OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
creighto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jplavender wrote:
Yes, the bowtie heads were probably a mistake!Now that everyone has them if you outlaw them cars will go to other tracks that do allow them.I like te idea of giving a break to a guy that runs a F/T camsaft,anything to help keep cost down
.Chuck yes there are a lot of aluminum heads floating around out there,but please don't open it up to them,because an outdated set of heads from the 80's are not going to competitive with a set of cnc ported AFR's.Instead of a 1400 dollar set of bowtiies's you'll be spending 3500 dollars and up.Just a thought,but I am glad to see it is the time of year to see ya'll on here arguing about rules,know RACING IS NOT FAR OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Paul!! Don't you want to lease a track? I would love to get out from under this and just race. You need to jump in this head first.
rencher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sh!thook wrote:
Wilk35 your right if I had a motor full of borrowed stuff I would sell it for 2000 also!!

Hahaha now thats funny right there I dont care who you are! O hook done told the truth, better watch it shook you get hit with a axe handle haha
19racing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got a set of darts for sale if anyone is interested iron eagles 49cc 215 intake runners we won a few races with these in outlaw
19racing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just as well run supers if we run aluminum heads thats where youll be at
creighto

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19racing wrote:
just as well run supers if we run aluminum heads thats where youll be at
will not be any aluminum heads. The rules are posted at corinthspeedway.com and there will be no more changes. I am sure there will be alot of explaining or clarifiing but unless I find something that was mis typed like we have been straightning out the last few weeks there will be no more changes.
19racing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate changes we stay a year behind anyway
jplavender

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO,don't need to run the track,you are doing I fine job!!!!!!!
19racing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come on john paul you know we will support you 100% so will rencher and chuck and shi*hook well maybe not shi*hook well maybe its hard to drive two cars at the same time
creighto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

19racing wrote:
come on john paul you know we will support you 100% so will rencher and chuck and shi*hook well maybe not shi*hook well maybe its hard to drive two cars at the same time
I can explain what 100% actually means from most!LOL!!Like 100% until I don't like a call or something then it's pull something or cuss something or I'm never coming back. Or basically get on here under another name and talk about how sorry you are. But hey I would support you "100" percent also.
19racing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i try not to cuss track owners or tech men if im wrong im wrong i dont get paid the last thing i want is one of yall not liking me and trying to find something to dq us over i like to get paid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    midsouthracing.com Forum Index -> Midsouth Racing Scene Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: